Don't play World of Warcraft at all. Whatever that game is like post TBC is largely unknown to me. Don't care about WoW- one of the least enjoyable MMOs I ever played was World of Warcraft.

GW2 compared to other MMOs I enjoy? For the alt thing, pretty tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. My husband isn't really frivolous. He doesn't spend much money. In fact, he buys nothing usually.
    My bf doesn't spend much money, he just doesn't make much either. The dyes were one example. The other was he managed to get an Unbreakable Bell (noting that I got nothing special from Wintersday despite having 3x the playtime, GG RNG :P) and if that thing were soulbound I'm sure he would have right there even though it was selling for 55g at the time. Same thing with the black dye. He popped it on his brand new alt rather than figure maybe it should go to another character or be sold. Maybe frivolous isn't the word, but he sure doesn't stop to contemplate his actions very much.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:49 PM ----------

GW2 compared to other MMOs I enjoy? For the alt thing, pretty tedious.
    I think GW2's one of the more alt-friendly MMOs I've played. All MMOs are about 5 years behind in terms of account bound everything. Maybe if waypoints were shared among characters and the bank weren't so pitifully small (and ridiculously expensive to upgrade) I'd give it more stars.

I can't help but imagine what it'd be like if mesmers could set up portals between zones. Now there would be a means of making some significant coin.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-02-03 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    My bf doesn't spend much money, he just doesn't make much either. The dyes were one example. The other was he managed to get an Unbreakable Bell (noting that I got nothing special from Wintersday despite having 3x the playtime, GG RNG :P) and if that thing were soulbound I'm sure he would have right there even though it was selling for 55g at the time. Same thing with the black dye. He popped it on his brand new alt rather than figure maybe it should go to another character or be sold. Maybe frivolous isn't the word, but he sure doesn't stop to contemplate his actions very much.
    Ah. Yea, my husband doesn't really do that. He passes things like dyes to me or just shoves them in the bank.

Doesn't bother him that he lacks gear, isn't level equal to me, has no money, no fancy clothes or whatever. He'd just keep up plugging away on his own without a care. He literally does not care.

I care. So I must do these things for him because I am a crazy person.

I think GW2's one of the more alt-friendly MMOs I've played. All MMOs are about 5 years behind in terms of account bound everything. Maybe if waypoints were shared among characters and the bank weren't so pitifully small (and ridiculously expensive to upgrade) I'd give it more stars.
    Meh. I don't really care about account bound everything personally.

Not sure how that makes a game more alt friendly in most cases. Account shared travel means- waypoints/mounts/Idunno, sure. Account shared achievements, titles and such don't mean too much to me.

My bf is surprisingly fashion conscious when it comes to games. I think he looks through that PvP clothing locker as much as I do and he uses those transmutation stones generously.

Meh. I don't really care about account bound everything personally.

Not sure how that makes a game more alt friendly in most cases. Account shared travel means- waypoints/mounts/Idunno, sure. Account shared achievements, titles and such don't mean too much to me.
    As someone who's done painful rep grinds multiple times to get the same vanity items on multiple characters it has been WAY overdue. I've been lobbying for account bound reputation and/or vanity items for years.

Guess the vanity items would be nice if account bound. But in my experience those are usually Cash Shop based. So long as non-destructive, vanity items usually are account bound by default.

I grind reps related to raiding. And I only ever raid as 1 singular role and class in a given game.

Otherwise, new MMO fake rep bullshit like WoW or Rift? Not Everquest/don't care.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-03 at 09:01 AM.

Fenc, why not pick up the movement speed boost in main cities? Makes you go fast. Not double your speed, but it still makes it less painful and when you know every point in the city you shouldn't have problem completing it in a matter of minutes.

I get the move speed buffs. And candy corn, and warhron, and charge, and sigils, and leap, etc.

Still super slow to me. Le ugh.

Walking around cities in WoW must have been beyond terrible for you.

I don't play World of Warcraft, but when I did I had a mount and only needed to hit like 1 area; AH/Bank.

WoW was largely agreeable in travel. I remember back in classic WoW they had those long ass eagle rides. Not too into that or sure if they are still in the game. I understand people can fly anywhere now in WoW.

I don't play World of Warcraft, but when I did I had a mount and only needed to hit like 1 area; AH/Bank.

WoW was largely agreeable in travel. I remember back in classic WoW they had those long ass eagle rides. Not too into that or sure if they are still in the game. I understand people can fly anywhere now in WoW.
    I oddly actually enjoyed that part tbh.
    When it comes to GW2... I love it how it is atm, tough I could agree on option to enable WP acc wide with a warning "By enabling this option you will lose all XP gains for this characted from discovering WP - this is one time warning" or something along those lines.

Deleted
    I want to look like Logan. I'm a Norn Warrior. Is there any armor that looks like his armor that are available to non-humans? Is there any classical warrior armor in the game? (Like Logans).

Thanks.

T3 cultural human heavy armor is that exact armor http://www.gw2armor.com/human/male/c...play_looks.php

I believe he is looking for something similar since he is a Norn.

Deleted
    Oh i knew it. Ye is there something similar since i'm a Norn..

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I would assume Total Biscuit does GW2 videos still. He was very excited for it before launch, interviews with Devs and played beta with devs too.
    He's Just a guy who rides the hype train for the newest and most popular things, not really a true believer in any respect in any game. He does it because it's his job and that is how he gets paid. He talked about making gw2 his main mmo and then after release the good publicity died down and he moved on to the next thing. I expect him to lavish praise and all that bull when TESO goes into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Oh i knew it. Ye is there something similar since i'm a Norn..
    Dulfy has the models of most the armors and weapons in the game.

http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/

Just look under the armor category as you see fit.

And no, a Norn can't look like Logan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    I want to look like Logan. I'm a Norn Warrior. Is there any armor that looks like his armor that are available to non-humans? Is there any classical warrior armor in the game? (Like Logans).
    Ofc there is no replica for that for other races. Norn has their own cultural armor. I think it is nice:

Here you can see heavy armors on norn toon:
    - http://gw2armorgallery.com/norn-heavy.htm
    - http://gw2.unfair.co/cosmetic/dungeo...on-armor-sets/
    (All armors link to that site: http://gw2.unfair.co/cosmetic/ )
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-02-03 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    He's Just a guy who rides the hype train for the newest and most popular things, not really a true believer in any respect in any game. He does it because it's his job and that is how he gets paid. He talked about making gw2 his main mmo and then after release the good publicity died down and he moved on to the next thing. I expect him to lavish praise and all that bull when TESO goes into beta.

He says its because in his job, playing games for money. It becomes very difficult to enjoy playing games for fun, especially when you have games that demand quite a time investment like GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    i obviously can't know TB's actual motivations for what he does or did for certain, but why are you sure he just did it for the money, instead of his opinion on the game changing when he played it after release?

i was hyped for gw2 too and had very high expectations from what i saw in beta, videos, interviews, etc.

and while i still think it was worth the 50 bucks, because i enjoyed the leveling a whole lot, i am disappointed in many things and lost motivation to log in after about one month.
    there are several things that i dislike or that i think the game is missing, but among those things the probably biggest one is the guesting-issue. that's really pretty damn big on my broken-promises-of-game-developers-list and was one of the features i looked forward to the most. yet not only is it still missing from the game, but i saw that now they actually don't plan to implement it in the originally promised way anymore at all: that is beeing able to guest from EU to NA servers and vice versa.

TB certainly makes money with providing footage of hyped games, but i honestly doubt he is intentionally lying about his opinions and plans regarding a game, just to potentially make a little bit more money.

The thing is Total Biscuit didn't really change his opinion of Guild Wars 2. Still thinks it is a solid game. He just lost interesting in playing for "enjoyment" given his work, time needed for MMOs and his greater affinity for Planetside 2.

Of course he would cover the "hot" games of the day. However, Total Buscuit only said he planned to make GW2 his main MMO for personal enjoyment. Not as a staple of his channel. Indeed, even before TB's GW2 coverage he was adamant that his channel would never focus on a single game and least of all MMOs-- being of the opinion that MMOs are generally terrible and that he runs a gaming variety show.

Made his name with WOW and branched out. Doesn't want to be the "WOW/GW2/TERA/SWTOR youtuber" again.

Seems sensible.