Thread: Warlock Addons

Question Warlock Addons

Hello Lock community of MMO,

I have been a long time stalker of the forums here but this is my first time actually posting.

I have very recently main switched from a DK to a lock and I am looking for some advice when it comes to addons. I am currently affic and have dled and used AffDots, love it, but I am having a hard time locating a solid addon for ICD tracking and proc up times. I know how much dps depends on monitoring and using these procs to their fullest, so finding a clean, simple tracking addon would be much appreciated. I also am in need of a multi-dot/multi-tar tracking addon, I have seen in certain lock videos people having nice, practical boss plates so they can track and maintain dot uptime as much as possible.

Thank you very much for the help and for the hard work people put into this game so first timers like me can try and get a grasp on the class.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used Raven when I need to track ICD's and Tidyplates for nameplate enhancement. Both are regularly updated addons, with Tidyplates also having lots of different modules for the looks of the addon.

I use NeedToKnow to track debuffs, dots, procs, ICDs, everything. Great Addon.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I use to WeakAuras to track procs and buffs (Big ass icons always do the job). Affdots for dots even if i am used to their rotation
    Tidyplates along with affdots for multidotting (sometimes tho you have to mouseover the plates to refresh)
    ExtraCD for tracking internal cds

Some things that are doing the same job as the previous but i am used on em and keep them anyways. Buttontimers and classtimers.
    Classtimer as an extra addon to keep track dots on my target, and buttontimers to keep track of cds in an extra place of my screen (Dark soul,healthstone,potions etc),it is very nice (since it has the option to change it to timeline and the buttons are clickable so you can use it as your bars too).I am using ShadowUnitFrames for my target and my self,so i have an extra bar formed into a square next to my target frame showing the things said above
    ForteXorcist can be a good option for multidotting too (it feels taking too much space in screen tho, i dont use it personally)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-04 at 09:24 AM.

Thank you for your replies, it is much appreciated!

I am quite the novice addon user, DBM, omen, coords are the extent of my usual usage.

For WeakAuras, i am of the understanding you need code strings to add into it to track these things, do you possibly have these codes or a good location to find them?

Also for multi-dotting name plates, is there a way to keep stationary boss frames for to keep track of the dot timers? For instance if on stone guards having a additional unit frame besides your current target and focus target?

Thanks again for helping this addon newbie out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smok35orce View Post
    Thank you for your replies, it is much appreciated!

I am quite the novice addon user, DBM, omen, coords are the extent of my usual usage.

For WeakAuras, i am of the understanding you need code strings to add into it to track these things, do you possibly have these codes or a good location to find them?

Also for multi-dotting name plates, is there a way to keep stationary boss frames for to keep track of the dot timers? For instance if on stone guards having a additional unit frame besides your current target and focus target?

Thanks again for helping this addon newbie out.
    You can get strings for WA from other people and import them OR you can simply make the things you want yourself, though I guess that could be slightly intimidating, maybe. It's not hard, but you need to think a bit about what does what and possibly play with the settings a bit to get to know them. Myabe start by making a simple dot timer for Corr/Immo and see how that goes. It's good to have basic knowledge about hwo the addon works anyway.

For the Bossframes, you can get somethhing like Shadowed Unit Frames, or suf for short. It replaces all the unit frames (including your character ones) but also has a very good Boss frame option. This too may need some tinkering to get it set up the way you like it.

In general it's usually a good idea to look through the options of an addon and check out what does what, and changing thiings around a bit before deciding what it is you need from this addon.

This is a list of my weakauras from late December, it is a bit different now but for the most part it's the same. You can easily import them via the strings in this pastebin into Weakauras and then just move them around.

http://pastebin.com/u/Novx

There are DoT trackers for all 3 spec's in this, a demonic fury tracker for demo, and cooldown trackers for almost every ability you will need one for.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Xyh47j2.jpg (Random shitty SS but it shows the trackers)

They are all grouped so you can easily drag/drop them from where they are to where you want them.
    Last edited by Novx; 2013-02-26 at 12:39 PM.

I'm finding Need to Know very handy for my purposes, and pretty easy to configure.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    This is a list of my weakauras from late December, it is a bit different now but for the most part it's the same. You can easily import them via the strings in this pastebin into Weakauras and then just move them around.

http://pastebin.com/qyNrjsEU

There are DoT trackers for all 3 spec's in this, a demonic fury tracker for demo, and cooldown trackers for almost every ability you will need one for.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Xyh47j2.jpg (Random shitty SS but it shows the trackers)

They are all grouped so you can easily drag/drop them from where they are to where you want them.
    Can you tell me what addons you are using aside from WeakAuras?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    I use NeedToKnow to track debuffs, dots, procs, ICDs, everything. Great Addon.
    I recently discovered it can now also be used to track Mana/Fury/Embers/Soulshards too; so I use that for that and cooldown timers (internal and otherwise); DoTs, buffs and debuffs I use SatrinaBuffFrames; and Power Auras for pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Can you tell me what addons you are using aside from WeakAuras?
    Base UI: ElvUI
    Boss Mod: BigWigs
    Viewport: CBH_Viewport

other then that its mainly just things like GTFO, Skada, Reforgelite, and a few other addons that don't really affect gameplay.

tellmewhen is a great addons.

moveanithing is awesome, can be used to move resource-bar under the portrait, is very useful for tracking demonic fury and emberbit generation.

i'd like new necrosis version for MOP for sound support for proc and to check immunity to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Base UI: ElvUI
    Boss Mod: BigWigs
    Viewport: CBH_Viewport

other then that its mainly just things like GTFO, Skada, Reforgelite, and a few other addons that don't really affect gameplay.
    Thank you. Im considering transfering from my own selfbuild interface to a package like ElvUI, but im not sure about the ability to personalize it to my own needs.