Deleted

[Moonkin] Opening burst question

I have only just changed from Resto --> Moonkin and I was just wondering if someone could help me out.

Current opening rotation (single target)

Starting 1 cast pre lunar > prepot > Starfall > wrath > Incarnation, trinket + Nature's vigil > Dots > Starsurge > Starfire > SS if it procs > CA with 15 secs left on inc + Synapse springs + troll racial > redot > starfire > SS procs until duration is over then continue as normal.

Basicly my question revolves around the Incarnation section of the rotation. At this point in a multi target situation, is it worthwhile applying both Moonfire and Sunfire on multiple targets, and if so. How many would make it worthwhile? atm if I multidot it seems I do not reach 0 energy with SS procs alone pre CA and was just wondering what I should be doing in multi target situations. Eg stone gaurds / protectors etc.

Also some help on mass aoe like windlord would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I apply dots with Inc+Nc, pre-CA for up to 2 targets. Beyond that you are just burning time off Inc and would make it fall before CA ends.

For protectors I multidot only with CA. As for Windlord you can find the discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1245309-AoE-Damage

Starfall again after the first one has faded and before you use CA, and again when previous ends.

Deleted
    ah yeah, my bad forgot to mention I apply SF after the previous fades. Thanks juvencus.

Also you can add /cast moonfire to your CA macro because it's not on GCD.

you could start with sunfire at the pull, (the only weak side of this is SF will be not Ngraced, but I am not sure if its that important)
    this way your starfall will start hitting from the moment you cast it,
    and you save 1 GCD, you would have to use after using inc/nv in eclipse.
    also your SF dot tick have a chance to crit and proc SS to let you instantly (instead of having to cast wrath) go into lunar (while you are casting starfall).

Also in my opinion it s better to hardcast starsurge instead of 1st wrath.

In multi target fight, if you start with TW/BL you should dot(MF) more targets after you use inc/nv in 1st eclipse, which will allow back to back SS procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post

Also in my opinion it s better to hardcast starsurge instead of 1st wrath.
    But then starsurge doesn't gain the bonus dps from INC + trinkets / other cds, I was under the impression that eclipsed SS are extremely important to moonkin dps.There is always a chance you will get a SS proc anyway, but if it doesn't proc before you finish casting your first SS, then surely it is a dps loss to use it non eclipsed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    But then starsurge doesn't gain the bonus dps from INC + trinkets / other cds, I was under the impression that eclipsed SS are extremely important to moonkin dps.There is always a chance you will get a SS proc anyway, but if it doesn't proc before you finish casting your first SS, then surely it is a dps loss to use it non eclipsed?
    When I go into eclipse and pop inc+nv, I start casting starfires, and SS when they are ShootingStarsed :P.

Also, if you dot at the pull, and you dont get instant SS proc to go into lunar (and just hardcast starsurge) there is a better chance that you get SS proc before you finish casting inc+nv + MF. SO you ll have your SS ready to cast again fast, this way I dount you ll lose anything.

If my logic is flawed, you can point me to it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use prepot after starfall and then pre-cast wrath if you have a proper pull timer, this way you get about 1more sec on your prepot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    When I go into eclipse and pop inc+nv, I start casting starfires, and SS when they are ShootingStarsed :P.

Also, if you dot at the pull, and you dont get instant SS proc to go into lunar (and just hardcast starsurge) there is a better chance that you get SS proc before you finish casting inc+nv + MF. SO you ll have your SS ready to cast again fast, this way I dount you ll lose anything.

If my logic is flawed, you can point me to it.
    Sometimes starsurge gets confused which way it needs to go when you're outside of an Eclipse, which is why I always Wrath to start.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Sometimes starsurge gets confused which way it needs to go when you're outside of an Eclipse, which is why I always Wrath to start.
    Yes, but as far as I noticed it only happens when you play(respec) with your talents (it also clears current symbiosis), after placing the bar marker with astral communion.
    Then the marker on the eclipse bar is kinda reset (turns into diamond shaped instead of an arrow shape), and then SS can make it go in solar direction.

It has never gone in wrong direction for me, when I used starsurge straight after I had used AC.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A half duration eclipse buffed dot is slightly better than a nuke. So to answer your specific question OP, you need to use some personal judgement on when to dot and when to just nuke. If you are going to be applying CA dots on anything that still has a moonfire duration of longer than 8 seconds then you should not have dotted it. So it should always be correct to Moonfire 3-4 targets at least (probably a few more but it starts to get hazy here because you will be giving up SS procs). When you leave Lunar and Enter CA you will dot everything, overwriting some 4,5, or 6 duration Moonfires which is fine.

You specifically asked about Stone Guard and Protectors. For maximum paddage, you should be able to MF and SuF everything (besides damage invulnerable lions on stone guard) and still burn through your Lunar Eclipse with 15 secs left on Inc for CA.