Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Problems after quitting wow.

Ive been off WOW for over a year now but I still have urges to go back and they dont seem to be going away.

Ive bought every games console and have been playing most games but still cant kick the habit!

Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?

Don't think there are any soloution. One cant quit MMO's like wow, if you don't replace it with something else.

Also, if you can still enjoy a game, why quit it?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    if you still got the urge and you are playing other games anyway why stop playing. i dont get it.

I've only quit one time while playing and that because of computer problems. I've never experienced what you are describing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    The reason I stopped playing is because I missed the old days in Vanilla and BC. Wrath was okay but when Cata came out I got bored and the game just doesn't feel the same.

Try other mmo's. Raiderz for example looks interesting enough and is free or just go back playing wow? Or try other multiplayer games, maybe it is the social aspect rather then the gaming aspect you are missing

Come back for a little while. If you wanna leave again then leave. MoP is a massive improvement over Cata so you may enjoy yourself quite allot. I certainly have.

One does not simply quit WoW..Seriously though, you need something to replace it long-term, or just come back every once in a while.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Topgunner View Post
    The reason I stopped playing is because I missed the old days in Vanilla and BC. Wrath was okay but when Cata came out I got bored and the game just doesn't feel the same.
    If you love grinds you'll love MoP, there is plenty of rep/daily grinding to satisfy anyone lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

When I quit, it was because I realized I liked other games more and could have been playing them instead of WoW. I think Nightelfsb is on to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing like WoW on the market, once you are hooked, no other game can fill the gap it left on you... come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been off WOW for over a year now but I still have urges to go back and they dont seem to be going away.

Ive bought every games console and have been playing most games but still cant kick the habit!

It's not some horrible street drug that messes up any ones life who touches it.. It's a video game. It's meant to be fun and enjoyed.
    If you're having these meta-physical problems over a video game. Your best bet would be to just stay away from them.

I read your post, 3 or 4 times now. and it just comes off as some hyped up druggie off the streets talking about crack or something.

Either play the game or don't.. It's that simple.. I have urges to blast off to the moon when I see the world full of people like this.. I'm not going to freak out about it though.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Simply find something to do to replace WoW.

It was as easy as that for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in your boat my friend. It does not help that we are lurking on these forums. But like alcohol and drugs we must be strong WE MUST!

while i have had some console games, i have never needed a replacement. I simply go out more.

10+ Year Old Account

Did it ever occur to you, that what's missing in all the other games.., is the socializing which you don't find on any console?- could also be that you just enjoy'd WoW a lot more then you wanted to show.

If you never really quit WoW how come so many including I have?

And I have no replacement for WoW I just play games i enjoy. I guess it made me easier to quit the game, by seeing it as a completely other game than the one i enjoyed, which is not entirely incorrect. I had hope that it got good, so i returned for MoP because a RL mate talked me into it, but i quit again after a few weeks. The game has changed too much for me to like it anymore. Now i mainly spend my time with:

Moba's (Good time sinks, you should consider getting into one)
    Path of Exile (really nice game, also a great timesink)
    Singleplayer games (Can be a little expensive)

You don't need an MMO to survive. And for the ones saying "Why are you still on this forum then!?!), well there is a lot more than just WoW related discussions. And heck if WoW changes, i may pick it up as a new game again, and try it out. But i doubt it with the way the game is going now.

If you've been a year away now, then just keep up the good work -- you've gone along time without it. Urges are natural. Look at it like a relationship; even if you had a horrible ex, you still have times where you think about them or even miss them, no matter how bad it was.

Just don't let a friend convince you to start playing again. That's usually the quickest path to succumbing. Reminds me of this article detailing stages of obsession one goes through when playing WoW, The Ages of World of Warcraft.

You could always try cocaine

Deleted
    What was the reason for quitting wow if you have anyway lots of time to spare and you are buying and playing other games ?
    And why you think it is a problem to get back ?
    I dont get it.
    Are you a woman ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go back to the game. Just do it ? I quit because I got bored, and I'm playing other games atm

10+ Year Old Account
    well you can try to think about the reasons which made you quit. there're lots of things I hate about wow, I think graphics are plain bad no matter how much they try to improve it, it has to be re-engineered and it wont happen so we're stuck with it. it stings the eye after you play games like swtor or gw2. daily grind is unnecessarily too much for people who dont wanna do it. pvp still has some issues. developers are in constant fight with players. (cant say players are 100% right but community is not at peace) only thing keeps me on wow that I really like my guild and the way we progress in raids. For the past few weeks I only came online on raid nights.
    Last edited by Müdür; 2013-02-04 at 12:22 AM.