Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Greenland and all 3 people that live there
    The welfare recipients there will be slapping Paris Hilton and kicking her out of her dads hotels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post

Speaking of Danish companies, how has Lego managed to stay in business despite the fact that their entire business model seems to be making war against parents' bare feet? Stepping on Legos in the morning is a great way to guarantee they never get more of your money.
    Pff, you own fault you let Lego on the floor after you played with it for half the night after the kids went to bed?

In soviet Scandinavia foot breaks lego!

Doesn't Mærsk build all their shit in China anyway?

I think a shipping freightliner constructed in Denmark would be laughably expensive if they didn't.
    They operate mostly from Odense Steel Shipyard it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The fact of the matter is that we were too good. We had moose, wolves and bears once. ONCE!

*threatening fist*
    Well all I know is that this guy saw a deer while driving and freaked out. That's understandable tho since those bastards will fuck your car up.

While hiking through the woods with myself and 2 5-year-olds, though, we saw a fox.

Foxes are about this big if you've never seen one:

And this 180+ cm Dane screamed in such a way that I thought it was the 5 year old girl.

Best. Outdoors trip. EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    With the fact that the Nordic countries are some of the most wealthy countries there is now?
    How's the US economy going, btw?
    The world economy and banking system still runs through the USA and UK, and its not like the Nordic countries are higher when it comes to purchasing power. Norway is the only one that's higher than us. I bet the combined GDP of the Anglopshere is more than a quarter of the worlds. Maybe a more fair comparison is Canada and California as our team.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

The world economy and banking system still runs through the USA and UK, and its not like the Nordic countries are higher when it comes to purchasing power. Norway is the only one that's higher than us. I bet the combined GDP of the Anglopshere is more than a quarter of the worlds. Maybe a more fair comparison is Canada and California as our team.
    Too many hard words for me there :< You win :P

Well all I know is that this guy saw a deer while driving and freaked out. That's understandable tho since those bastards will fuck your car up.

While hiking through the woods with myself and 2 5-year-olds, though, we saw a fox.

Foxes are about this big if you've never seen one:

And this 180+ cm Dane screamed in such a way that I thought it was the 5 year old girl.

Best. Outdoors trip. EVER
    Lol - thats hilarious. I've never been afraid of foxes. They just look like small dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    They operate mostly from Odense Steel Shipyard it seems.
    I believe I read recently that they shifted their actual shipbuilding to asia. Either China or Korea.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 12:10 AM ----------

Lol - thats hilarious. I've never been afraid of foxes. They just look like small dogs.
    The point is you guys aren't as rustic as your northern neighbors and it's as fun to drag you into the wilderness for a day as it is someone from New York City.

The point is you guys aren't as rustic as your northern neighbors and it's as fun to drag you into the wilderness for a day as it is someone from New York City.
    Eh, most of us are used enough to deer and foxes. Mooses throw us a bit off as well as wolves though. I personally hate nature and all arachnids larger than a button needs to die in a fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    59,749 to be more precise
    All nordics put together still have less people than my state >.>

Prepare to be conquered

All nordics put together still have less people than my state >.>

Prepare to be conquered
    Come at us, bro.

Also - Sweden almost has as many as your state alone. All nordics put together we have twice that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, most of us are used enough to deer and foxes. Mooses throw us a bit off as well as wolves though. I personally hate nature and all arachnids larger than a button needs to die in a fire.
    Until you've literally been face to face with a bear or wolf like i have you haven't seen nature.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You quote Sweden a lot, but from what I have seen on these forums the modern Swedes are as Anti-Viking as you can get. The complete opposite really. Apart from that, good post.
    Come over here and try our coffee Rich! It will change your mind ;P

Found this guy's channel a few weeks back, English guy who moved to Northen Sweden, he's brilliant(esp when he orders "nigger balls") rofl

ps. I don't think this forum is the best way to judge your average Swede
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here for the tits, now I'm disappointed.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Until you've literally been face to face with a bear or wolf like i have you haven't seen nature.
    I have done that. In a zoo. And with a polar bear no less. A meter from the cage - only bars between me and them. And dear lord, they are huge...

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i not enough? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Well - we have Mærsk, Carlsberg, Lego, Vestas and Novo Nordic...
    Lego is Danish? My entire childhood has been shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Come over here and try our coffee Rich! It will change your mind ;P

Found this guy's channel a few weeks back, English guy who moved to Northen Sweden, he's brilliant(esp when he orders "nigger balls") rofl
    [video=youtube;NLCKZ-K-GvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCKZ-K-GvE[video]

ps. I don't think this forum is the best way to judge your average Swede
    Snus is disgusting and you should feel bad.

As i said before. 2 norwegians in my class. And one of them is like 182 - blonde hair, long legs, and uses snus. Its just sooooo... not feminine and very Norwegian/Swedish

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Lego is Danish? My entire childhood has been shattered.
    Lego stands for LEg GOdt (Play well)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done that. In a zoo. And with a polar bear no less. A meter from the cage - only bars between me and them. And dear lord, they are huge...
    Go to Alaska and you can sometimes see Polar Bears fighting grizzlies if you're extremely lucky.

Nordic countries are just so much better in just about anything! *wishiwasthere*