Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGirler View Post
    Hm an easy to play AP hero you say? Why not Annie, she doesnt have such a high skillcap, really nice CC for your team and shes only 450 IP! Just remember to last hit some with your Q to build up your stun! (after 4 spellcasts your next spell will stun the target)
    I wanted one that's not easy to play mate. i want high risk, high reward as somebody also replied to me 3 posts above yours.

I was looking at both Ahri, Kassadin and Akali (those were actually my 3 favorites after reading the skills of every "assasin" in the game). Currently i was planing to buy Ahri first, then Kassadin and last Akali.

I haven't investigated the prices yet, but if 1 is cheaper than the others i'll buy that one first. Thanks for your help

- Though, if somebody could tell me exactly what "Season 3" means, i'd greatly appreciate it. Is it just reset of ladders and ratings, or new champions/items? i read the patch notes and didn't see anything big except that it's apparently not based on Elo anymore? My summoner is still just level 7 so i really don't know if that'll affect me yet in any way :P

EDIT: I'm gonna take a look at Annie though, thanks for the reply, and indeed, she costs so little =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 won't change annything for you its mostly yust a new ranking system. All the big changes to the jungle and items has already been in for a while now.

You are only lv 7 id advise you to simply save your ip and try the free week champs so you can get an idea of wo you really want.
    that beign said:

Of the 3 champs you mentioned id go with Ahri she suits what you want most. She is ranged and relies alot on skillshots, she can roam very well also brings some cc to the team.
    Downside to her is that she is more expensive thenn the others.

Akali is mellee alto it doesn't matter much post 6 great at killing and getting away but lacks the versatility ahri brings

Kassadin is more of a counter pick, not very hard to play either, he is also mellee ( and i personaly find him yust boring )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Katarina actually has a pretty high skill cap because the way her moves work, and the fact that she has resets, so you have to know when to go into a fight, and how to mop the fight up once you get your reset. It's not hard to play kat, but it's difficult to play her really well.
    Not really, it's that just once you spent 10 minutes and already know all the mechanics as much as you can know, you need something to improve. But this thing applies to everyone. It's like saying that Garen is high skill cap or perhaps Xin Zhao, lolz. It's more like the game is not as easy as people pretend it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    You could also consider Ahri. She is not a very easy champion as most of her damage and utility comes from skill shots. She has excellent mobility while you are using your ultimate, but outside of that she doesn't have much. I would try to play either of them during free weeks if you can, or watch some youtube clips or something. She is ranged
    Ahri has pretty decent mobility without her ultimate through fox fire. But the spell is a little bit more complicated than it looks. Orianna and Syndra both have very awesome mobility, that is just hard to use.

Viktor is very decent too, though there is currently a problem that his Q/W items have shitty stats.

Deleted
    I'll just hope that either Ahri or Akali or Kassadin are free next week, fingers crossed! :>

Available Champions: prntscr.com/rfob6

Current most-used champions: Master Yi, Singed, Malphite, Vayne (In that order)

What roles do you prefer: Mid, Top, ADC (In that order)

Jungling: Sometimes goes well if people follow up my Malphite ganks well, sometimes terrible as I get wiped fast and feed the lane I'm ganking. Late game it's all about if my team follows up my ult or not.

What are some Champions and abilities that you prefer: I like being able to escape easily, being able to deal high damage and being a bit tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Not really, it's that just once you spent 10 minutes and already know all the mechanics as much as you can know, you need something to improve. But this thing applies to everyone. It's like saying that Garen is high skill cap or perhaps Xin Zhao, lolz. It's more like the game is not as easy as people pretend it to be.

Ahri has pretty decent mobility without her ultimate through fox fire. But the spell is a little bit more complicated than it looks. Orianna and Syndra both have very awesome mobility, that is just hard to use.

Viktor is very decent too, though there is currently a problem that his Q/W items have shitty stats.
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility. They have Hard CC, but that's not mobility. Ahri's Fox Fire is complicated and a mobility spell? Do you mean Oriana's W? Ahri's W isn't really complicated; each Fox Fire has a slightly different range, and they target the nearest Enemy Unit that enters their range range, prioritizing Champions over all else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility. They have Hard CC, but that's not mobility. Ahri's Fox Fire is complicated and a mobility spell? Do you mean Oriana's W? Ahri's W isn't really complicated; each Fox Fire has a slightly different range, and they target the nearest Enemy Unit that enters their range range, prioritizing Champions over all else.
    Don't see it either, Ahri's ulti is her only 'mobility' spell, as for Syndra... she has nothing.

Guys, what's the current status of Annie? I used to love playing her when I started, especially in 3v3, old TT, but these days I've been neglecting her a bit. Mainly due to the fact that playing a mid is always a fierce discussion so I just grab a jungler instead, but secondary due to the fact that she never used to be "really" viable. No escapes, no shields and wasting R as an escape is just that, wasting its potential. (Ok no shield is a lie, but it's not like her shield was that good)

Has there been any change to her after the recent set of patches?

Because when this skin hits, I simply won't be able to hold myself. I need to have this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiZq853yrU
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-03 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Guys, what's the current status of Annie? I used to love playing her when I started, especially in 3v3, old TT, but these days I've been neglecting her a bit. Mainly due to the fact that playing a mid is always a fierce discussion so I just grab a jungler instead, but secondary due to the fact that she never used to be "really" viable. No escapes, no shields and wasting R as an escape is just that, wasting its potential. (Ok no shield is a lie, but it's not like her shield was that good)

Has there been any change to her after the recent set of patches?

Because when this skin hits, I simply won't be able to hold myself. I need to have this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiZq853yrU
    She doesn't really fit the meta at the moment, in fact she hasn't fit the meta for a while. Burst/combo mages are not in right now.

The only changes she received were changes to her E shield. It now lasts 5 seconds and has a 10 second CD.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility.
    That is only matter of wrong perception. Your plain movement is mobility as well, and the fact that Ahri can Fox-fire without stopping essentially converts that into mobility. For Orianna/Syndra this is even bigger as they got full arsenal of spells to use without stopping, giving them exceptional mobility.

To put this in some perspective, the time you normally spend to cast spell will be used to those to dodge/kite/chase/escape and it's superior to simple dashes against range ( but inferior vs gap closers ).
    Also imagine how OP would be a hero who could use ranged autoattack and still keep moving.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2013-02-04 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is only matter of wrong perception. Your plain movement is mobility as well, and the fact that Ahri can Fox-fire without stopping essentially converts that into mobility. For Orianna/Syndra this is even bigger as they got full arsenal of spells to use without stopping, giving them exceptional mobility.

To put this in some perspective, the time you normally spend to cast spell will be used to those to dodge/kite/chase/escape and it's superior to simple dashes against range ( but inferior vs gap closers ).
    Also imagine how OP would be a hero who could use ranged autoattack and still keep moving.
    That's such a bullshit way of stretching the definition of mobility lol. Just say "They can cast while moving." That's all. It gives them no additional mobility and to say they have "decent" mobility because one or two of their spells doesn't make them stop for like .3 seconds is stretching it. "Decent" mobility is something like Irelia, Ezreal, or LB. Not Syndra. The "Cast Time" in LoL is basically fucking irrelevant for 90% of Heroes since there IS no significant cast time for many spells/animations.

Deleted
    Well believe whatever you want. Most people play crap only because they will never realize advantages provided by hard/"bad" champions.

zed or jayce

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    She doesn't really fit the meta at the moment, in fact she hasn't fit the meta for a while. Burst/combo mages are not in right now.

The only changes she received were changes to her E shield. It now lasts 5 seconds and has a 10 second CD.
    Yeah, that is what I figured. What a pity. She should totally be viable, for the sake of getting your teeth kicked in by a little girl

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 07:12 AM ----------

Well believe whatever you want. Most people play crap only because they will never realize advantages provided by hard/"bad" champions.
    I think you're mixing up mobility and great utility/CC. Yi, has great mobility, as a few others. Those you mentioned, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is what I figured. What a pity. She should totally be viable, for the sake of getting your teeth kicked in by a little girl
    Annie is more of the fortunate picks out there. It's not like she's completely unviable as how nerfed & pre-rework Eve was.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Annie is more of the fortunate picks out there. It's not like she's completely unviable as how nerfed & pre-rework Eve was.
    True, true. I could play her for fun in a few matches I guess.

Deleted
    That's such a bullshit way of stretching the definition of mobility lol. Just say "They can cast while moving." That's all. It gives them no additional mobility
    you totally underestimate the mobility given by being able to cast while moving. as an example not having cast times opens up the ability to whittle down a chaser and turning around to finish them, especially with a champion with delayed casts like Syndra. most champions do not have permaslows thus being able to move and cast will give you an advantage in mobility definitely.

the problem with Annie is that she is 100% viable, people just think viable is the same as "fits into a 5v5 comp". most ap/ad mids you see played in a 5v5 setting most often feature hard cc (roots, stuns), can re-engage (ult down? oh well, gg) and very often have a hard escape ability (root, movement modifier, dash/jump, slow and so on).

Annie only has a situational stun and puts all her apples in the same basket by either landing a Tibbers stun or not. she is however one of the strongest gankers in this game due to the fact she brings a 1.75 second stun on top of tremendous burst and you should really be looking to nuke the side lanes if you're playing her.

another fact that people seem to neglect that playing Annie with flat mr makes for a surprisingly tanky ap mid with +20 mr & armor from E which puts her at almost +60 mr at level 4 for a total of 90 mr! her e scales up to a total +60 mr & armor which puts her in the category Leona Tanky (+70/70).

all in all she's a unique champion in the damage she puts out (Tibbers auto & aura), can use Tibbers as a skillshot soaker and is the single tankiest ap nuke in the game with her E. if that is appealing to you play Annie. she doesn't really have any hard counters except that which screws over any other ap nuke (Cho'gath, Galio etc).
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2013-02-04 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    zed or jayce
    For what? the answer is Jayce anyway!

True, true. I could play her for fun in a few matches I guess.
    I feel like she does very well when built tanky especially with her new E. Things like RoA, Ry+lyandry, etc mix really well with her great initiation. She's fairly reliant on Flash, tho... so you need the masteries and boots enchant that enhance it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-02-04 at 08:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    you totally underestimate the mobility given by being able to cast while moving. as an example not having cast times opens up the ability to whittle down a chaser and turning around to finish them, especially with a champion with delayed casts like Syndra. most champions do not have permaslows thus being able to move and cast will give you an advantage in mobility definitely.

the problem with Annie is that she is 100% viable, people just think viable is the same as "fits into a 5v5 comp". most ap/ad mids you see played in a 5v5 setting most often feature hard cc (roots, stuns), can re-engage (ult down? oh well, gg) and very often have a hard escape ability (root, movement modifier, dash/jump, slow and so on).

Annie only has a situational stun and puts all her apples in the same basket by either landing a Tibbers stun or not. she is however one of the strongest gankers in this game due to the fact she brings a 1.75 second stun on top of tremendous burst and you should really be looking to nuke the side lanes if you're playing her.

another fact that people seem to neglect that playing Annie with flat mr makes for a surprisingly tanky ap mid with +20 mr & armor from E which puts her at almost +60 mr at level 4 for a total of 90 mr! her e scales up to a total +60 mr & armor which puts her in the category Leona Tanky (+70/70).

all in all she's a unique champion in the damage she puts out (Tibbers auto & aura), can use Tibbers as a skillshot soaker and is the single tankiest ap nuke in the game with her E. if that is appealing to you play Annie. she doesn't really have any hard counters except that which screws over any other ap nuke (Cho'gath, Galio etc).
    As someone who mains Ahri and Syndra and plays Orianna a decent amount, I know how valuable it is. While it can count as Mobility, it is still stretching and not really worthy of being categorized as such. The difference between Stopping to Cast and Not Stopping is nothing compared to a Bladesurge in terms of mobility. Just because I can get from point A to point B .2 seconds faster does not mean that champion now has "decent" mobility in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

Thanks Adimaya, I like the way you put this