Poll: Do you trust Ghost Crawler

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    @ Moveth: I love you for your logic sir

Yes I do trust him also. He is doing what is best for the game, not what is best for a class, spec, or whatever. He is doing what is needed to keep this game enjoyable.[ <

I trust him because i dont read into every word and sentence and understand his position as well as the position of blizzard and the creative, design and management process.

Now its just..wait...wait...what Moveth basicly said.. i'd basicly just be repeating what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    @ Moveth: I love you for your logic sir
    I appreciate it. Believe it or not, I spend a lot of time thinking about this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust his ability to balance.

He seem reasonable enough. However I find him a tad bit too "reckless".

Deleted
    In ghostcrawler we trust!

my only gripe was forcing us to do dailies for rep. which he listened and fixes in 5.2 with daily rep runs. i was speaking to my guild about this method a month after mop launch. do dailies and maybe a rep cap from instances per day. have the option to do either one or both if you want to power boost yourself through it.

I'm a Ret Paladin so of course I don't. Whether it's GC himself or his team, one or neither has a goddamn clue about Ret Paladins at the moment, and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I don't trust his ability to balance.

He seem reasonable enough. However I find him a tad bit too "reckless".
    I can understand why you feel this way, and I can explain why other people feel this way as well.

Blizzard started doing something about 2 years ago that other game developers had not really done. They started documenting everything for the players. They began with the Dev Watercoolers, and continued on to things like the PTR Set Bonus thread that is up now. They share ideas and changes, basically, as they come up with them. Without testing, they do with us what they do when they are just sitting around a table discussing. They trust us enough to say "This is what we are thinking of doing, and this is how we think we might go about it."

Several years ago, this was not the case at all. What we got was a set of patch notes every 6 months when new bosses came out. These things were tested on PTRs for a few months with little to no contact with the players as to how balancing was going to be handled. When the patch came out, we got to see what had changed from our feedback on the PTR.

Now that they spoonfeed the playerbase with every minor change that a class and spec are taking as they take them, it seems like they are much more reckless than before. However, all these changes, Such as "Spell x now does 3% more damage. Wait. Nevermind, it does 4% more damage. No. 5% more damage", happened before -- however, they happened behind closed doors and we didnt see it until it was "Spell x now does 5% more damage."

The speed at which information becomes available to the players now (Whether it be from Threads started by developers or datamined tooltips) has changed the way that balancing and tuning are perceived, even though the actual process of balancing probably hasn't changed very much behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    As long as players just see their own point, he will never be able to be trusted. As soon as he touches any of the classes, someone will yell "omg, they nerf XYZ" or "omfg, why are you buffing ABC?".
    No, I'm just sick of the lies and hypocricy. If he actually did what he promised he would change, then I could.

He's a fucking scumbag liar.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Yes I do. He has not given me a single reason not to

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    No, I'm just sick of the lies and hypocricy. If he actually did what he promised he would change, then I could.

Ghostcrawler has never, and I repeat, never used the word "promise" when discussing classes in any way. Because he does have a degree in communications (as well as his degree in marine biology) and is much smarter than to corner himself with trigger words like promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's been said many times before, but this is pretty much the gist of every argument people make when calling for his head:
    "My class is Rock. Scissors are balanced. Nerf Paper.
    I came here to say exactly this, but it was already said.

It's true on so many levels, and has remained true since day one of open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Alright and how old are you for not having the wit to see your flawed logic/insight? Don't answer that. I just wanted to point out that what you just said is exactly why this game is in the state it is. You obviously have no clue how he works and or how compagnies work.

Edit: I had written a big wall of text here. But I couldn't really be arsed. You and other likeminded souls would probably nitpick my text to pieces.

Just a word of advice then, perhaps THINK first and try to understand why he does what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    1) Assume that the decision was made SOLELY by Greg Street and not a single one of the other class developers (They generally have 3-4 designers per spec. Across 34 specs, ~120 designers)
    I agree with your overall post, just the point above niggled at me. I'm fairly certain the team isn't as huge as this, and they don't split designers up on a per spec basis. The entire team will most likely work on every class/spec; otherwise it'd be very easy to compartmentalise and make changes in a vacuum, without considering their effects on the other classes.

Also 120 people working on class design seems like a lot of bloat and a bureaucratic nightmare. That said if you have some sort of source for this then fair enough, I'll happily admit I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I agree with your overall post, just the point above niggled at me. I'm fairly certain the team isn't as huge as this, and they don't split designers up on a per spec basis. The entire team will most likely work on every class/spec; otherwise it'd be very easy to compartmentalise and make changes in a vacuum, without considering their effects on the other classes.

Also 120 people working on class design seems like a lot of bloat and a bureaucratic nightmare. That said if you have some sort of source for this then fair enough, I'll happily admit I'm wrong!
    Well. Didnt want to flat out say it because it makes me sound like a dick :[ , but my brother lives in Irvine and his friend used to be on the design team. It is this big. There is a small team for each spec and a small team that oversees each class as a whole.

I should also add that he worked there during the very tail end of wrath, so this could have been in preparation for Catclysm or whatnot. However, at one point, it was this big.
    Last edited by moveth; 2013-02-04 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

I think he just wanted to make a point not have accurate numbers on how many people are working at specs development. The point would be: Greg is not working alone and Greg is known for just discussing stuff with the players as opposed to not discussing anything. I hope everyone realises that Greg became sort of a spokesperson for the devs, since he was the only one doing so. If I recall correctly he was at first slapped down by blizzard for being so informative right? And thus he came at first... "our hero". Now it seems that is forgotten and we actually "hate" him for being so informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I think he just wanted to make a point not have accurate numbers on how many people are working at specs development. The point would be: Greg is not working alone and Greg is known for just discussing stuff with the players as opposed to not discussing anything. I hope everyone realises that Greg became sort of a spokesperson for the devs, since he was the only one doing so. If I recall correctly he was at first slapped down by blizzard for being so informative right? And thus he came at first... "our hero". Now it seems that is forgotten and we actually "hate" him for being so informative.
    This is what saddens me about the whole ordeal. He broke the "4th wall" of Game Design and tried to let the players know what was happening. But its so easy to forget what he did for us before.

Deleted
    I do trust him, I see no reason why not to trust him. No, I don't play a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    This is what saddens me about the whole ordeal. He broke the "4th wall" of Game Design and tried to let the players know what was happening. But its so easy to forget what he did for us before.
    Yeah, I actually really appreciated that "inside look" into the development process.

It's neat, because it's a glimpse other companies never offer to its playerbase, and it allows GOOD feedback to often assist in changes.

The problem is, everyone thinks their feedback is good, when in reality, the good feedback is rare.