Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just tried this. Spent 500g to buy all the herbs I could under 2g per herb. Made the BoP's, sold the Bop's. How have 468.75g, and 17 starlight ink. I think the 17 starlight ink more then makes up for 31.25g.

TLDR: This works, even at 40g a stack if you consider all the rare inks you get. Thanks for sharing this OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I would still think it much better to at least make some high valued/commonly used glyphs, and then turn the rest into shoulder enchants depending on your level of laziness. Glyphs are how I've made a good portion of my gold, and I'm far from a "baron", nor do I bot. I spend a chunk of time on a weekend doing the herb buying and milling -> inking -> glyphing, then about 10 mins a day relisting.
    You've still got to factor in the cost of your time investment to set that up and keep it in check, 10 minutes a day once you've got everything setup which could take you several hours if you're not familiar with TSM, not to mention the competition that varies based on server, but for most I've seen glyphs are incredibly cut throat due to their extreme profit margins and low relisting cost. On the flip side, the only real time investment for this is pressing a mill macro while you're watching TV or something

Nice trolling thread if you fooled a single person I feel sorry for that person .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    let's do the math:

secret crane wing inscription is 18G75. you need 3 ink for it, so 6G25 per ink. an ink is 2 pigment, so 3G125 per pigment. you get 2-3 pigments per milling, 4 millings per stack. that means that 1 stack of herb is worth 10 pigment, or 31G25. if your stack is more expensive than that, you're losing on it.
    I love people like you. Wish I could +rep, thanks.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OddElum View Post
    2 gold a stack? Yeah, seems legit.
    If my server had those prices I doubt I'd need the money anyway.
    But underneah the goldsellers get rish and the econonomics of wow is screwed. Bots are bad news.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, now let it spread like a plague so Blizzard will lower the price of Shoulder Enchants to 2g

@nzall: a stack will give you 1 Starfall Ink on average (2 for Fool's Cap) on top of those enchant shoulders, which run for 50g/each on most of servers, now you can do the math
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-02-04 at 06:18 PM.

Easily a profit. Many different ways to deal with the starlight inks too. Shoulder enchants, or cards.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Just tried this. Spent 500g to buy all the herbs I could under 2g per herb. Made the BoP's, sold the Bop's. How have 468.75g, and 17 starlight ink. I think the 17 starlight ink more then makes up for 31.25g.

TLDR: This works, even at 40g a stack if you consider all the rare inks you get. Thanks for sharing this OP.
    nps works more for mulitboxers as we can make 5 or x10 cards in one go and mill x10 faster and yeilds mass profits with free inks.

But DMC is coming to an end with next tier here soon, tho some realms cards will still sell anyway for quite some time.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

You forgot to take note that every server has diferent population

The answer is both yes and no
    The higher the population the cheaper the matts are and the more demand the shoulder enchant would be making it a good gold making profession
    but the lower the population the matts are more expensive than the product itself. You will lose too much gold buying the matts. There would also be less demand on the enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimal profit is not worth the time invested.

So, you had 2172 of Ink of Dreams, and decided to use the vendor...? I mean.., seriously, you couldnt find a better way to make money with this? Only if you are on a tiny server this might be the best idea, but with any decent population, you can get much more then 13k out of 2172 Ink of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    So, you had 2172 of Ink of Dreams, and decided to use the vendor...? I mean.., seriously, you couldnt find a better way to make money with this? Only if you are on a tiny server this might be the best idea, but with any decent population, you can get much more then 13k out of 2172 Ink of dreams.
    Yes and no.

I keep 2 of every Glyph on the AH at all times (best as I can), but always keep an eye out for cheap herbs to mill for Starlights. If I didn't vendor shoulder enchants now and then, I'd be gathering Inks of Dreams faster than I can use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a shrewd suspicion that Blizz is going to nerf the hell out of shoulder enchants before 5.2 launches. My server regularly has botted herbs up for low, low prices and I know of at least one guy that uses this trick to make mass amounts of cards.

I've used it in small measure too, when I have the time and will to mill all those herbs, but I don't need to have THAT much ink, since I only have 2 scribes making cards. Add to that that it's becoming a tougher and tougher sell to get the trinkets sold and I'm not interested enough to use this trick to its full potential.

Welllllll KJ economy on horde definitely saw this post. Was getting good numbers for this last week, now herbs hit 2g a piece, 40 a stack.
    Last edited by Bonsaii; 2013-02-07 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    let's do the math:

secret crane wing inscription is 18G75. you need 3 ink for it, so 6G25 per ink. an ink is 2 pigment, so 3G125 per pigment. you get 2-3 pigments per milling, 4 millings per stack. that means that 1 stack of herb is worth 10 pigment, or 31G25. if your stack is more expensive than that, you're losing on it.
    While this is correct. Do remember that we're not taking into account the Starlight Inks that are created which sell on my realm for 250g a stack. I tried this method and made about a 300g profit in 10 minutes. If you have plenty of time, why not go for it?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't do it on my server herbs go for 100g a stack sometimes even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    On KT people are mass buying herbs for 25g a stack.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

The basic's of the shuffle is to Buy herb's at a price for 15-20g(that's what i prefer) Mill them, Craft inks, then turn Ink's into shoulder enchants, Vendor lesser enchants.

The non basic:
    Buy herbs for 15-20g
    Mill all herbs into pigments
    Craft pigments into inks
    Craft Ink of dreams into [Secret Crane Wing Inscription] or any other "Secret" shoulder enchants
    Craft [Starlight Ink] into any of the Greater Shoulder enchants that are profitable I.E [Greater Tiger Claw Inscription]
    Vendor the [Secret Crane Wing Inscription] and sell on AH the Greater shoulder enchants

the way this works is that the Bop shoulder enchants vendor for 18g 75s in mop, which is pretty damn good if you can get herbs for around the same price.

the reason i maxed at 20g is that most herbs give roughly 5-7 pigmets per stack which after a while adds up to alot. each ink takes 2 pigments, each enchant takes 3 inks.
    Taken from my site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    woah, what server has MoP herbs that cheap?!
    I wanna know too lol

Seen this posted a lot for a few months now, decided to test it out today on the herbs I had on me.

Took a small sample of 70 stacks of green tea that I bought at 35g each. After milling all I had enough for 358 ink of dreams and 32 starlight ink.

Total spent on herbs - 2450g
    119 shoulder enchants to vendor = 2231g
    32 starlight ink at 70g each (on my medium pop server anyway, can sell for 80-90 if supply is low) - 2240

Total gold after all is said and done is around 4470.

So I made roughly 2k profit off this small sample. All in all it took me probably 30-40 minutes for this whole process, but I just watch tv while hitting my milling macro and alt tab while making my inks/enchants so it also allowed me to multi task like I usually do anyway.

2k in ~30 minutes is well worth it to me for all the more effort. Profit goes up even more on weekends when I buy up 100's of stacks of herbs that the botters post for ~30g/stack.