Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Healing on HC 10Man Tsulong

Do you prefer a certain class for this fight? (I know shamans were pro, but that got 'fixed') and Holy Priest have wings; what would you say is the best comp to 2 and 3 heal this?

Do you assign a certain class to take breath / beams? How are they best handled?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

We use 3 healers. A disc, Myself on a monk, and a holy pally. During day phase holy pally takes first beam so he can blow all his CDs afterwards myself the monk takes the rest of the beams as our HoTs, instant surging mists, and CDs work amazingly with the healing buff. Disc Priest focuses on healing the raid along with Holy pally with beacon sitting on the boss. Make sure to make a target focus target button as clicking on the healing beams removes your target from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    We use 3 healers. A disc, Myself on a monk, and a holy pally. During day phase holy pally takes first beam so he can blow all his CDs afterwards myself the monk takes the rest of the beams as our HoTs, instant surging mists, and CDs work amazingly with the healing buff. Disc Priest focuses on healing the raid along with Holy pally with beacon sitting on the boss. Make sure to make a target focus target button as clicking on the healing beams removes your target from the boss.
    Is 2 healing it with a monk and disc a good option? Our 3rd healer is a shaman but I think adds would be a lot cleaner with his DPS and knockback as Ele

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Is 2 healing it with a monk and disc a good option? Our 3rd healer is a shaman but I think adds would be a lot cleaner with his DPS and knockback as Ele
    We have not used 2 healers simply out of convinence to make the fight easier. Our healers do a crazy amount of damage though so we never lack dps, but if you feel your 2 healers can handle the amount of damage tossed at you during day and night phase without jeopardizing your day phase healing then sure why not, id only recommend this if you are really having trouble with adds. We've also ran the comp with a resto druid insted of a monk and had the holy pally take all the beams but it didn't go as smoothly as with the monk. Normally the resto druid would have been better for beams but the gear difference between the two was too enormous to let the druid take the beams.

Tldr: I wouldn't recommend it. Tell your dps to stop sucking on adds and call for help

10+ Year Old Account
    Any more advice?

Which ranged/melee dps comp is best here, and how do you handle the adds in day phase?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your rotation in day phase? Usually I use life cocoon on first breath put enveloping mist + 2x surging + enveloping mist refresh just before buff goes of.. on next breath I use TFT to boost surging mist.

We are 3 healing with paladin-shaman-monk, right now our strat is that paladin takes buff first, then shaman, than me (monk) so we can all use our cooldowns with it, do you delay the buff to make it fit with the breath? Here are some logs, granted my gear on my alliance monk is pretty bad, but I've seen monks do 300k hps on that fight so obviously I can improve it.

A resto shaman also have good cooldowns to blow on the boss, so this is why we're trying to share the buff. And yes, don't do like me, I clicked the damned buff and had to dispell the boss right away and I didn't notice it changed target, so ended up dispelling myself and put my detox on cooldown, which obviously lead to a wipe...
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your rotation in day phase? Usually I use life cocoon on first breath put enveloping mist + 2x surging + enveloping mist refresh just before buff goes of.. on next breath I use TFT to boost surging mist.

We are 3 healing with paladin-shaman-monk, right now our strat is that paladin takes buff first, then shaman, than me (monk) so we can all use our cooldowns with it, do you delay the buff to make it fit with the breath? Here are some logs, granted my gear on my alliance monk is pretty bad, but I've seen monks do 300k hps on that fight so obviously I can improve it.

A resto shaman also have good cooldowns to blow on the boss, so this is why we're trying to share the buff. And yes, don't do like me, I clicked the damned buff and had to dispell the boss right away and I didn't notice it changed target, so ended up dispelling myself and put my detox on cooldown, which obviously lead to a wipe...
    More or less what you're doing but using thunder tea during 1500% buff and renewing as it still remains on those people after the buff is gone

Deleted
    Why are you using a Disc Priest? I didn't think absorbs counted towards healing the boss at all, so you aren't actually using the Priest to heal the boss?

We were planning on going with Hpala, Rdruid and Rshaman on this. Benching our Monk and leaving out a Disc Priest we have available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you guys give any specific advice on if there are any talents/glyphs that are particularly good for this fight for holy pally, resto shaman and druid?

We have our resto druid taking breaths and holy pally / shaman taking beams - any help would be great, currently hitting enrage with about 5% to go..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Why are you using a Disc Priest? I didn't think absorbs counted towards healing the boss at all, so you aren't actually using the Priest to heal the boss?

We were planning on going with Hpala, Rdruid and Rshaman on this. Benching our Monk and leaving out a Disc Priest we have available.
    Because our disc priest is absolutely amazing. Disc focuses on raid, Hpally bounces between raid and boss, Myself the monk focuses on boss. The comp you decided to run should work fine if they are your strongest healers. Monks are the 2nd best healers for this fight behind shamans probably even after nerfs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Could you guys give any specific advice on if there are any talents/glyphs that are particularly good for this fight for holy pally, resto shaman and druid?

We have our resto druid taking breaths and holy pally / shaman taking beams - any help would be great, currently hitting enrage with about 5% to go..
    Make sure you're not letting any tiny adds hit the boss during day AND night phase as they will damage/heal the boss for ~5% health which would probably be a kill.
    After first day phase your healers should have the boss to 50-60% to even have a chance at killing it. Cant really help on glyphs since I dont play any of those healers. I just know glyph of water shield isn't proc'd during night phase as far as i know.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins are beast with the light beam, but only with execution sentence up.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Any more advice?

Which ranged/melee dps comp is best here, and how do you handle the adds in day phase?
    We only run a rogue and a ret/frost dk depending on who is tanking. But any ranged should be fine if you have any knockback or stuns those are fantastic for little adds. We assign colors to sides of the room in a sqaure or triangle and assign positions. Players should be asking for help if its going to hit the boss and or 2 spawn on your side if you're solo etc.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Paladins are beast with the light beam, but only with execution sentence up.
    If you don't have one of the stronger classes for the beam a paladin is fine. We've actually done it this way before once didnt go as smoothly as our normal kills but it died.

Don't want to open a new thread so I use this. We will be attempting Tsulong this lockout for the first time and I'm currently looking into some logs... I know shamans have been fixed, but can anyone tell me how this holy priest does that extrem high HPS?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11700&e=11976

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Don't want to open a new thread so I use this. We will be attempting Tsulong this lockout for the first time and I'm currently looking into some logs... I know shamans have been fixed, but can anyone tell me how this holy priest does that extrem high HPS?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11700&e=11976
    Flash of light spamming with 1500% buff + breaths probably. If you look at the log the Blessed Healing from FoL is 55% of his healing. I'm sure there a bit more to it mechanic wise other then spamming Flash of light though.

Are we taking about the T10 2 pieces effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Are we taking about the T10 2 pieces effect?
    Looks like it! Seems he wore t10 2 piece (2) Set: Your Flash Heal has a 33% chance to cause the target to heal for 33% of the healed amount over 9 sec. Looks like it'd be very strong for this fight.

Wonderful tactic: use one tank, three healers and have the holy priest spam flash heal with 2p T10 and 1500% buff permanent. Love <3

Deleted
    I don't understand.

His Flash heal hits for 5M. But the 2pc bonus procs for 16M

[22:52:42.811] Zoold Blessed Healing Tsulong +16269441

How is it possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    I don't understand.

His Flash heal hits for 5M. But the 2pc bonus procs for 16M

[22:52:42.811] Zoold Blessed Healing Tsulong +16269441

How is it possible ?
    Has to be some kind of bug going on here to do with how it's calculating the % healing increase. The numbers just don't add up. I was spamming flash ~80k flash heals on myself in SW just then with the 2 piece on and I was only seeming ticks of 20k max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Has to be some kind of bug going on here to do with how it's calculating the % healing increase. The numbers just don't add up. I was spamming flash ~80k flash heals on myself in SW just then with the 2 piece on and I was only seeming ticks of 20k max.
    My guess he is rolling and maintaining the HoT between every 1500% beam so it stacks up to stupid numbers.