Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Right, but why this:

Surely, you must have considered the possibility that I wasn't being offensive?

And yes, gogo Dragonborn
    I know you aren't as I'm half Dutch and know the saying/translation, just giving you a heads up to a rule as it can be taken the wrong way by someone else who might think it is an insult.

I believe it translates to "Make more damage than you'd like" in english, I only know very little Dutch.

But let's move on, very excited to see all the new armor coming with Dragonborn and I'm very interested in the story especially since it involves the first dragonborn.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I mean is, why do you need a mod that tells you how much of a good boy you are, in a single player game? There's thousands of mods that add value to your game. I play Skyrim very often with all kinds of different mods. I'm not complaining about "a random mod". Why do you need this semi-physical proof of the fact that you did something, when obviously, you know you did.
    Why not? It seems like you just don't like the mod and are trying to justify why you don't download it. It's all preference. I don't need achievements in my game, but I can understand why people are attracted to it. It gives them something extra to "aim" for, which they might not have an inclination or reason to do so on their own. Why must that be a bad thing?

Ever hear of the "Go get it" concept? That's what I see this mod is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post

Ever hear of the "Go get it" concept? That's what I see this mod is for.
    No I haven't But I do understand that this discussion became more about me "hating" on said mod than the original question, "why in Skyrim?" (ie why in a single player game) and I guess it actually is the correct answer to say "why not". Because mankind has made pretty much anything, that could be considered a why, into a why not. Peanut-butter floor, it's been done. Giant Turd-like slide, yup, exists and paid for. Lawsuits over hot coffee, has been done.

I just have this weird wish to see someone explain to me why they want it. In complete honesty.

I personally think that it makes people feel as if they really accomplished something and someone or something gave them a pat on the back and said "Well done boy, well done" in a childlike tone of voice that resembles speaking to small children and pets (in some cases). Which is exactly why I do, actually, detest achievements. Especially the collect 10.000 this, collect 50 that, explore 18 caves, rescue 7 princesses ones. And yet again, I ask myself, but why, why for the love of god, in a single player game. Not a single other person will give a flying fuck!?

I'm sorry, I'm rambling now. My inner sense of disgust (plz don't take offence) speaks up in cases like this. Once more, the answer, probably, indeed. WHY THE F NOT?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have this weird wish to see someone explain to me why they want it. In complete honesty.
    It's fun. Achieve That doesn't let you share or track other's achievements or anything. It's for your own personal benefit and enjoyment. Not to mention Achieve That adds more than just achievements. You are rewarded for completing achievements with minor boosts to your character. If anything this mod gives you incentive to explore the 'vanilla' aspects of the game. The author also tried to make it "lore friendly" and not just random things to chase down. Completing 100 quests, for example, gives you the "Famous Hero" achievement. Your reputation has increased, so shops charge you less for their goods.

Let's agree to disagree about the mod in question and drop the discussion about it. Everyone has their own preferences, leave it at that.

Deleted
    Kill 100 Rabbits.

so like, i pre ordered dragonborn. will i be able to play it tonight? at like 12 or something? i feel like i'm about to explode from excitement >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    so like, i pre ordered dragonborn. will i be able to play it tonight? at like 12 or something? i feel like i'm about to explode from excitement >.<
    Probably 10am EST on the 5th :\

dammit... i've been hearing that it was to be released on the 4th T_T

http://enderal.de/?lang=en#contentInfo

Well that certainly looks impressive.

If it's half as good as Nehrim it will definitely be worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://enderal.de/?lang=en#contentInfo

Well that certainly looks impressive.

If it's half as good as Nehrim it will definitely be worth playing.
    I think the only mod that's managed to make a land look truly different from Skyrim was Moonpath to Elsweyr but that was dark and confined or insanely bright it just felt...off. This place looks incredible though. The magic forest and the screenie before look nearly like Oblivion Cyrodiil with better graphics.

I think I'll go download and try Nehrim in the meantime. Never heard of these guys before.

Your comment and your avatar just work so well together. "But I wanted it now "
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-04 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

ugh... one more day to toil away. these waits are always the worst T_T

I was so super excited about Dragonborn when it first got announced, but now I can't get excited at all. I'm not sure why, probably either burned out or I can't think of any decent character concepts I'd roll with for the DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    I was so super excited about Dragonborn when it first got announced, but now I can't get excited at all. I'm not sure why, probably either burned out or I can't think of any decent character concepts I'd roll with for the DLC.
    Burnout, I think. I'm in the same spot. The thought of playing Dragonborn doesn't excite me, because...well, I haven't even beaten the main story yet, or Dawnguard. I spend too much time modding and just doing open world stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Burnout, I think. I'm in the same spot. The thought of playing Dragonborn doesn't excite me, because...well, I haven't even beaten the main story yet, or Dawnguard. I spend too much time modding and just doing open world stuff.
    LoL. Same here. I've had the game for over a year. Been isimply modding and exploring. I've not yet visited High Hrothgar or climbed the steps cause I want it to be perfect. I've been spending so much of my time doing the side quests. I even have Heartfire and Dawnguard. Have made no progress on either and have also not yet touched the Civil War quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Same Decided I won't make a new character any more . Every time I follow the same path anyway.

Instead of going for classes, I just accept I'm the "adventurer" and everything is fine:P I also slowed leveling down to a crawl. Set max level to 100 (with SkyRe). So far I'm only level 44 after like 200+ hours with only alchemy capped. I haven't even started the Dawnguard quests yet, done maybe half the daedric ones and Thieves guild:P So still a lot to do. Then again I spend most of the time decorating my Lakeview manor and a little dump in Riften that came with Nernie's thief mod.

I'm STILL homeless after like 50 hours of playtime because I haven't finished the main quest. NO HOME TIL DOVANDOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i've actually decided to go with a breton mage for dragonborn. been busting my ass the last couple days to max out all the schools of magic, because i don't think i should have been pronounced arch-mage while still a noob caster >.<

and there are a lot of yummy looking spells to be learned on solsthiem.

P.S restoration fucking sucks T_T
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-05 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    i've actually decided to go with a breton mage for dragonborn. been busting my ass the last couple days to max out all the schools of magic, because i don't think i should have been pronounced arch-mage while still a noob caster >.<

and there are a lot of yummy looking spells to be learned on solsthiem.

P.S restoration fucking sucks T_T
    Apocalypse spell pack + SkyRe makes restoration really yummy Maybe a bit OP too but then again destruction, alteration and illusion are as well.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but it's fucking brilliant in my opinion