Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The 7770 is nearly twice as powerful as the 6670. Thats not 'almost identical'

That's pretty unacceptable for most people.

Its a 6770, not a 6670, that is a huge difference.

Comparison Benchmarks Here

Not sure why people down talk so much on here, lol. I run a 5770 on Ultra at 50 FPS (30 in 25 mans), so overstating that this wont it a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Its a 6770, not a 6670, that is a huge difference.

Comparison Benchmarks Here

Not sure why people down talk so much on here, lol. I run a 5770 on Ultra at 50 FPS (30 in 25 mans), so overstating that this wont it a fallacy.
    Where are the benchmarks? All I see is theoretical numbers.

These are actual benchmarks and in some cases the difference is huge.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-04 at 06:42 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Where are the benchmarks? All I see is theoretical numbers.
    Theoretical or not, its a base guideline for what to expect from each card. To determine actual, real world benchmarks, you would have to have his exact system, which is impractical. Basically, this was just to show that your claims on how superior the 7770 is, and that decent performance cannot be achieved in that setup, is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Its a 6770, not a 6670
    Ah, my bad. But still point stands... 30fps is nearly unplayable for some people, and that's still with some decent OC.

Ah, my bad. But still point stands... 30fps is nearly unplayable for some people, and that's still with some decent OC.
    If 30 FPS is unplayable, you have too high standards IMO. You can raid just fine at those levels, some people just PREFER to have better, which is completely acceptable. There is nothing, in WoW at least that the FPS jump from 30 - 60 will significantly impact negatively.

Deleted
    Wow, really? Maybe it's just cos my eyes are bad, but I can barely see any difference over 30 FPS. Don't forget, cinemas still show films at 24Hz (that's the same as 24 FPS), so are they unviewable?
    I'm all for pushing systems to their limits, and I actually like seeing that I have high FPS, but my eyes just don't notice the difference...

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 10:10 PM ----------

Sort of not helpful either, since OC is not really an option out of the box likely due to power supply.
    Basically you're saying "Mine is twice as powerful, with meh settings, so you should be totally okay!"
    Also wanna point out that the difference in performance between a stock 1090T and my overclocked one is barely worth mentioning. The clock speed of a processor means next to nothing with modern processors. Just to prove my point, I removed all overclocks from my system for tonights 10 man raid. Almost consistently above 30FPS which is more than acceptable for most people.
    So no, my PC is only negligibly better than the linked one, and more than close enough in spec to say how well it can run WoW on ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Forleyn View Post
    Wow, really? Maybe it's just cos my eyes are bad, but I can barely see any difference over 30 FPS. Don't forget, cinemas still show films at 24Hz (that's the same as 24 FPS), so are they unviewable?
    I'm all for pushing systems to their limits, and I actually like seeing that I have high FPS, but my eyes just don't notice the difference...
    Watching a movie with motion blur and all other effects that goes to it is a whole different thing than playing a game on a PC.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Watching a movie with motion blur and all other effects that goes to it is a whole different thing than playing a game on a PC.
    While that may be true, I still fail to see how 30 FPS is unplayable. Also, a lot of console games are actually locked to 30 FPS. I wouldn't consider them unplayable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Forleyn View Post
    While that may be true, I still fail to see how 30 FPS is unplayable. Also, a lot of console games are actually locked to 30 FPS. I wouldn't consider them unplayable either.
    Real problem is that if your average fps is 30, it means low fps spots of the game will be unplayable. For example in 25man raids of WoW if your fps is 30 out of combat, it'll be 5-10 in comabt.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Real problem is that if your average fps is 30, it means low fps spots of the game will be unplayable. For example in 25man raids of WoW if your fps is 30 out of combat, it'll be 5-10 in comabt.
    We were talking 30 in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 450 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    I can run Warcraft at max setting at about 30 to 40 fps 90 at good setting coast me at the time at around 500 dallars

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not come in here saying your shitty setup can run the gamed maxed when clearly people in here are experienced in hardware and know your full of bull.

Ognomad that setup will not achieve 30-40 fps at even 1280x800, take into account when your in combat with large amount of people then that cpu will explode.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-02-05 at 06:13 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Do not come in here saying your shitty setup can run the gamed maxed when clearly people in here are experienced in hardware and know your full of bull.

Ognomad that setup will not achieve 30-40 fps at even 1280x800, take into account when your in combat with large amount of people then that cpu will explode.
    First you say others are full of bull, then you claim the OP's CPU will explode under maximum load?

That's more than a little ironic. At worst the framerate may drop too low at a critical moment in combat.

But for a weekly LAN your friends don't need the same high performance system they have at home. Adjusting the settings also does wonders - there's more than just resolution.

Beware of hardware geeks who put their system configuration in a sig, they like (you) to overspend for bragging rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say the ops cpu would explode but the guy I was responding too... Learn to read.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Beware of hardware geeks who put their system configuration in a sig, they like (you) to overspend for bragging rights.
    I do it because I spend most of my time in the computer section and people can get an estimate of how my system is performing at their favourite game so I don't have to write it all down everytime. It's also not nice calling people shit.

Also read my first reply to the OP instead of storming the thread.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-02-05 at 07:06 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    I guess you didn't read what I had to say on the first page of the thread...

I prefer to be realistic. Unless you are playing on a smaller resolution than 1080p, a 6770 won't play WoW on ultra. That is what the OP wants. If he wants more power, he will need a better graphics card. If he wants a better graphics card, he will need a better power supply, because the one he would get with the PC would explode if asked to power a 7850.

He asked about getting a new CPU, say a 3570K, I told him the CPU alone would cost as much as the entire computer he linked in the OP and that if he was to get a computer with an i5 in it, he needn't buy the one in the OP.

Tell me, pray, where am I telling him to overspend, given that I also have my setup in my signature?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    either way, the thread is getting away from some of the point, this 250$ computer will play wow easily at high settings with shadows/lighting off. that is impressive in and of itself. the only problem is its not a long-term solution. its a steal of a deal.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    either way, the thread is getting away from some of the point, this 250$ computer will play wow easily at high settings with shadows/lighting off. that is impressive in and of itself. the only problem is its not a long-term solution. its a steal of a deal.
    Indeed. And will continue to do well with an upgraded graphics card when the OP has the cash for one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I guess you didn't read what I had to say on the first page of the thread...
    I prefer to be realistic. Unless you are playing on a smaller resolution than 1080p, a 6770 won't play WoW on ultra. That is what the OP wants. If he wants more power, he will need a better graphics card. If he wants a better graphics card, he will need a better power supply, because the one he would get with the PC would explode if asked to power a 7850.
    My 7770 plays at 1080p on ultra at a good frame rate (That's good for my needs, ie 30FPS in a raid). Just having a fish around to see the differences between a 6770 and 7770 for a better comparison (Obviously I'm expecting the 7770 to be better, but I wonder how much?)
    OK, according to the Passmark site, the 7770 weighs in at an average of 2112 over 292 samples.
    the 6770 gets 1652 over 151 samples.
    That's actually a much higher difference that I expected.
    A quick price check on amazon shows that the 2 are very similar in price as well, so in this case I would undoubtedly choose the 7770 over the 6770. I bought my 7770 for £95 from PC world recently, after my GTX 465 finally died.
    Aside from pricing, the AMD 7xxx series use 28nm fabrication technology, which essentially means lower power consumption and heat. I can testify that my 7770 blows a lot cooler out the back than my GTX 465 ever did.

In summary:
    I've not used a 6770, but considering it appears to be around 25% less powerful than my 7770, I would say raiding, or other combat at ultra settings may be uncomfortable to play on. Hard to be sure without testing with a 6770.

A quick price check on amazon shows that the 2 are very similar in price as well, so in this case I would undoubtedly choose the 7770 over the 6770
    The OP does not have that choice, it is the hardware that is pre-installed in the computer.