Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Says the person that did not want to accept a free handgun. Don't pass judgement unless you are willing to render the sentence yourself. Killing a man changes you, whether you think he deserves it or not.
    Give a sword and I would be happy.

Its funny that this is causing a shit storm, a crazy person suggesting something that is fucking insane nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Its funny that this is causing a shit storm, a crazy person suggesting something that is fucking insane nothing new here.
    The insane thing here is that he actually might have a chance of getting free...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Give a sword and I would be happy.
    Only a psychopath is "happy" to take a human life, personally I think you are full of false bravado.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I don't like blood as the next man but I will surely kill that mofo if he an innocent person.

Only a psychopath is "happy" to take a human life, personally I think you are full of false bravado.
    Depends... that one bastard that stole my Pokemon Red back in 5th grade, damn him.

On a serious note, though. For some specific cases I have to actually disagree with you. There are some people on this planet who should just disappear; we'd be better off without them

Deleted
    yeah let him go free so he can torture rape and murder another child

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    It's nice that he has hope.

Let's crush it.

ahh its posts like these that make me glad i have you on my friends list vellerix!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    I have to say that I don't know the first thing about the Belgium justice system, but this seems way more complicated than it should be. If he is "requesting" release, why can't it just be denied without any fuss?
    Because just like with everybody he has the right to get his request looked at even though he doesn't deserve it. I can understand they treat the same as other cases...I would not understand if the request passed though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Depends... that one bastard that stole my Pokemon Red back in 5th grade, damn him.

On a serious note, though. For some specific cases I have to actually disagree with you. There are some people on this planet who should just disappear; we'd be better off without them
    Whoever takes that life has to live with it, you better hope he feels regret or you may end up with another psychopath on the loose.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I will lose all faith in Belgium and humanity in general if this guy ever sets one foot on free land again.

Crush him and give him now even worse conditions for even trying.
    He has the right to try.

I really dont know whats going on with most people. Always demanding blood, torture and more suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by ivarh View Post
    And thats why i glad i'm not American. Having a justice system that seems (at least form the outside) to be based on revenge is not the way to go. Also it does not seem to be working. With the highest percentage of its population in jail it is still a place filled with violent crime. Normal people would after running a system that clearly does not work for a while would start thinking about ways to actually solve the problem instead of just concluding that the reason crime exists is that the punishment is to soft...

Stiff punishment is only a deterrent to people who would not break the law in the first place, criminals could not care less (as the US is a poster case of).
    Because other countries are better? Lets take this case as an example. The guy got off and went and killed and raped more children. Bravo on making sure to avoid revenge Belgium!

Also revenge has nothing to do with our prison population. If you're going to bash it would help to do it competently. Our prison sentence is full due to mandatory minimum sentences on nonviolent crimes (almost exclusively related to weed) and last I checked there were still states with "3 strike" policies where people with prior records would get overly harsh sentences regardless of the actual crime they comitted.

You seem to be confusing justice with revenge. We have messed up policies for sure, but revenge has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    He has the right to try.

I really dont know whats going on with most people. Always demanding blood, torture and more suffering.
    Never said that. But put him into single detention if he isn't already. Just to tell him "dude, gtfo and stop wasting even more of our time". Torture sucks... puts us on the same level as him.

Whoever takes that life has to live with it, you better hope he feels regret or you may end up with another psychopath on the loose.
    Regret for taking a life in general? Absolutely. But taking the life of some crazy ass guy in the league of Hitler? I sure hope he doesn't feel regret for something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would release all pot dealers

Deleted
    You'd call something like this human? There is certain qualities to being humane, this man was not, and will never be humane.

"Human Life" as you so nicely put it, is a concept used to determine a being that respects life and conditions around him/her.

This man might be human, and he might be alive, but I'd gladly end his life despite that, Just as I would shoot a rabid bear charging at a friend, or whatever other situation where a life must be taken.

I value the lives of people who deserve happiness, this man does not deserve life, and is an unredeemable case, he is sick, yes, but his crimes are of such nature that he will never become sane.

There is evil in this world, even if alot of people would like to argue there isn't, I am not one to approve of death sentances, nor wars. But for beings like this? Death should've been the answer from the very beginning.

And claim false bravado all you want, but anyone who has lost someone before their time knows the pain those families felt, the shame that country felt to house such a man, not to mention the shame the government felt over having a law that allowed him to escape justice once already.

A psycopath does not feel, not happiness, not remorse, not hatred.... They are just compelled, that is what makes them so dangerous, hell there are cases were they even ignore pain, and someone who can't feel pain can't feel fear, and that is a truly fearful individual.

Im sorry, but this statement only makes you appear as the most foolish of people, I wouldn't feel happiness from killing him, and neither would the guy you quoted, Im quite sure we, and the world, would only feel relief.

Deleted
    It's already known he's not going to be released.

He won't survive a day outside prison (even in prison his inmates want to kill him - that's why he's been in isolation since forever).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    You'd call something like this human? There is certain qualities to being humane, this man was not, and will never be humane.

"Human Life" as you so nicely put it, is a concept used to determine a being that respects life and conditions around him/her.

This man might be human, and he might be alive, but I'd gladly end his life despite that, Just as I would shoot a rabid bear charging at a friend, or whatever other situation where a life must be taken.

I value the lives of people who deserve happiness, this man does not deserve life, and is an unredeemable case, he is sick, yes, but his crimes are of such nature that he will never become sane.

There is evil in this world, even if alot of people would like to argue there isn't, I am not one to approve of death sentances, nor wars. But for beings like this? Death should've been the answer from the very beginning.

And claim false bravado all you want, but anyone who has lost someone before their time knows the pain those families felt, the shame that country felt to house such a man, not to mention the shame the government felt over having a law that allowed him to escape justice once already.

A psycopath does not feel, not happiness, not remorse, not hatred.... They are just compelled, that is what makes them so dangerous, hell there are cases were they even ignore pain, and someone who can't feel pain can't feel fear, and that is a truly fearful individual.

Im sorry, but this statement only makes you appear as the most foolish of people, I wouldn't feel happiness from killing him, and neither would the guy you quoted, Im quite sure we, and the world, would only feel relief.
    They dehumanised the Taliban too, that does not stop PTSD or regret. Taking a life changes you forever, few would be so full of internet bravado if they knew the feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably got wind of that woman who got released three years after murdering her daughter and stabbing herself in the chest.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

They dehumanised the Taliban too, that does not stop PTSD or regret. Taking a life changes you forever, few would be so full of internet bravado if they knew the feeling.
    PTSD isn't exclusive to killing, in most cases it's the constant fear and constantly being shot at or having explosions going off feet away that set in the PTSD.

And you Europeans call us Americans crazy.....