Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Firstly, you are a 25 year old GROWN MAN. Act like one.

Anyway, if you get too depressed about not being able to get a GF, you will never get one. Take it easy; even the hunchback of notre-damme gets a GF. I seriously don't think you are as ugly. Also, take a look at your life and think if anyone would want to become a part of it.

Think! Why the good looking chick that spends hours every day and thousands of dollars every year to look the way she does would want to be with you. Are you interesting? Are you beneficial for the society? Can you brighten someone's day? Become someone who is worth other people's time.

Education doesn't mean jack shit; I'm a high school graduate and I'm only 4k away from the so called "six figure". Go and get good at something, anything. Don't sit in front of the PC creating "OH WOE IS ME THREADS" and don't tell me that you have no talent/skill whatsoever. Nobody has any talent. Humans learn things through repetition; so pick something you like and get really good at it. If you get good enough at something (anything really, including video games or juggling pigeons with your nose) you will start seeing people throwing gold nuggets in your face. Try to dodge these, though. They hurt!

Fİnally;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

CLOSE!

But yeah, it will not be easy. You should just give up and live a worthless life for 50 something years more if that's what you want.

Been there, done that;

What you gotta do:
    1.Get a job, whatever job.
    2.Get to know people, lots of people.
    3.Be a funny light-hearted guy (even if you have to fake it a little), the kind of guy people want to know better.
    4.Get a hobbie in your free time, whatever you like, if you dont like anything try different things.

The main goal is: Avoiding being awkward. Getting to know lots of people. And getting to know better people with common interests.

Mind that you have nothing to lose at this point; everything you do is a plus.
    I cant stress enough how meeting new people helps a lot. Some of those people can become good friends.

Socialize with others. Join clubs, learn something new like new martial arts or cooking classes. Just go out there and discover something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Been there, done that;

What you gotta do:
    1.Get a job, whatever job.
    2.Get to know people, lots of people.
    3.Be a funny light-hearted guy (even if you have to fake it a little), the kind of guy people want to know better.
    4.Get a hobbie in your free time, whatever you like, if you dont like anything try different things.

The main goal is: Avoiding being awkward. Getting to know lots of people. And getting to know better people with common interests.

Mind that you have nothing to lose at this point; everything you do is a plus.
    I cant stress enough how meeting new people helps a lot. Some of those people can become good friends.
    i've tried #3 and i'd advise against it. it never works. usually it backfires.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Travel the world then die happily in a tavern in the middle east

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i've tried #3 and i'd advise against it. it never works. usually it backfires.
    Yup, and a lot, if you can't help it, well, too bad I guess, I personally don't mind my, "funny light-hearted", but don't fake it because it will turn really, really bad for everyone especially you, OP.

I sit around, doing nothing and enjoying myself. It feels very free to care about nothing and just enjoy what comes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I sit around, doing nothing and enjoying myself. It feels very free to care about nothing and just enjoy what comes.
    I agree but it becomes very tiring at some point because you just get bored very easily, atleast for me. It's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I agree but it becomes very tiring at some point because you just get bored very easily, atleast for me. It's horrible.
    I can get bored sometimes, but I'm generally a pretty easily entertained person, so that helps.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but there's one paragraph that struck me in a particular way:

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I know so many people who are already getting settled into their lives -- getting married, having kids, getting promoted into high positions in their jobs -- that I feel like, for some reason, I'm "stuck" at just being a kid.
    Yes, people do that, but that doesn't magically solve the problem you're dealing with. A LOT of that whole "getting settled" bullshit is pretty fake, and happens for the same reason you're feeling depressed right now: people don't know what the hell to do with their lives. Sounds cynical, but it is like that. People are "getting settled" because they think that's what you're supposed to do, and they don't have another idea how to give their lives purpose anyway.

And it's not the universal solution to the issue. People marry, get settled, have children and then get divorced. People get promoted, work their asses off, and then burn out completely and freak out. Or the company goes bust. Or they realize after working their asses off for 15 years that it's all shallow and they'd actually rather be doing something completely different. You didn't automatically "make it" just because you "settled". And it doesn't make everyone happy either.

You can pretty much plan the whole getting settled thing. Working yourself up in a company hierarchy, getting to know someone, marry the person, spawn a little bastard, it's all very well plannable if you really want to. A lot of people in fact do that. The question is, do you really want that. What's stopping you?

You get to an age where you lose a lot of friends.

I'm 22, all my uni friends have gone back to there homes, so I have a bland social life at the moment. I don't particularly mind, it just gives me time to focus on my own life goals. Getting super fit, a career, and that new perspective to life.

You can always improve yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a job at a video rental store, if they still exist. Decent place to meet girls and I'm still friends with most of the people I worked with at Blockbuster over ten years ago.

Start watching more anime. Then your life will suddenly make sense.

Deleted
    Giving up on your dreams and hopes is the only way to be happy in society. Understand that the only purpose you have is to survive. Get a low-entry menial job that pays decently. Get rid of any real interests, those are time consuming. Your new hobby is to watch reruns of Celebrity MasterChef and A place in the sun, like everyone else who has a "life". On the weekends go to the club and drink yourself half to death, look sad and complain about never fulfilling your dreams to random strangers. Rinse repeat. The sad reality of a happy life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You do what you want 'cause you're a strong independent black woman who don't need no MAAAAN
    Oh no you didn.. mmhmmm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The place to start is with a job - you're having a late start, but the fact that you can write out a coherent post saying, "where do I go from here?" suggests to me that you are employable. Getting a job will almost surely crank up your self worth, give you more disposable income, and make you more desirable to women. Go to places where you can talk to a manager rather than just being a nameless face in an application pile, explain to them that you're getting a late start, but that you'll work your ass off. I bet you'll find something fairly quick.
    What this guy said. Flat out ignore any job posting that doesn't give you an address to apply at, or a phone number to call. If you're applying by filling out an online form or sending an email with your resume attached, you're just wasting your time.

Do they have the business listed, but tell you to apply online? Fuck that, dress nicely and go apply in person, and don't take "no" for an answer. Tell them you will not leave until you have handed the manager your resume and/or filled out an application.

There are potentially hundreds or even thousands of applicants for a single job posting, depending on where you live. You need to do something to stand out from the pack, and that's not going to happen if you're just blithely sending emails.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Have you thought about finding God? I am quite serious. Most of the posters here would think this would be an abhorrent suggestion but it is an option.

I am personally not religious but I do know some religious people and I can't help but notice the positive impact it has in their lives. For some people it fills them with a purpose to move forward in their life and God provides you the hope that you seem to desperately need. You can meet a lot of folks learning about God and going to church maybe even meet your future Mrs. You don't have anything to fear because God's hands are always open to accept you.

Church groups are also a good place to find volunteer work. Volunteer work could be a nice confidence booster and working with other people you might find friends and/or get references for work you might find later down the line.
    I'm sure there's a lot better things and ideas to follow than an illusion and false hope.

Life is pointless and our existence is a joke.

I have a great job I work 9-5, go to the gym 3 times a week, have some friends I hang with, play in a band, but I do all this just because... I have to do something, not because I really enjoy it. There is no point in doing anything, If you'd drop dead right now, it would make no difference. Maybe your family would remember you for a while, but that's it.

I only play games to fill the gap when I would have to think about this crap. As far as I am from reality the better.

I should really start smoking weed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Giving up on your dreams and hopes is the only way to be happy in society. Understand that the only purpose you have is to survive. Get a low-entry menial job that pays decently. Get rid of any real interests, those are time consuming. Your new hobby is to watch reruns of Celebrity MasterChef and A place in the sun, like everyone else who has a "life". On the weekends go to the club and drink yourself half to death, look sad and complain about never fulfilling your dreams to random strangers. Rinse repeat. The sad reality of a happy life.
    You are joking right? If he feels his life is empty and devoid of meaning he shouldn't just roll over and die slowly. He needs to find something that will make him feel meaningful.

There is a woman from my firm. She is part of an organization that collects gifts and cloths for orphanages. I can't hold a candle to these amazing people. They collect stuff from friends. colleagues and family. I have given her a few books and old games i had lying around. They pick a orphanage and go there with their cars on the weekends, even bringing their own kids to visit. So many great people at one place. They do it every month or so.

There are tons of such things you can do to help people and find meaning beyond just wasting away in front of the TV/PC. I have donated blood a couple of times and it felt great afterwards. Knowing that you have done something even if its minuscule is rewarding.

Deleted
    Have fun. Enjoy life.