Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh isn't even the strongest Orc. He's brutal; I'll give him that. But without Magatha's intervention he may not even have been Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    pretty much. As a standard Garrosh should be no tougher then your average muscled headed orc. He doesn't even have his old mans corrupted blood to fall back on, which empowered Grom. And when you think of the kind of characters like Thrall, Varian, Jaina, Vol'jin, all highly powerful leaders themselves going up against a powerless meatbag, well, Garrosh will either have to have some tricks up his sleeve, or become corrupted.
    Difference is that if Garrosh was an average muscle headed orc Varian would have killed him a long time ago, so obviously he isn't your standard orc.

Garrosh is also a character who is not motivated or corrupted by anyone else, unlike say deathwing was by old gods or Arthas was by nerzhul, even his own father though mannaroth and his demon blood. Blizzard is very much in the habit of letting us know who's pulling the strings with characters. To that end, Everything Garrosh does is on his own volition, no one else.
    One of the reasons I like him, he hasn't become corrupted like 75% (if not more) of all villains in the Warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much. As a standard Garrosh should be no tougher then your average muscled headed orc. He doesn't even have his old mans corrupted blood to fall back on, which empowered Grom. And when you think of the kind of characters like Thrall, Varian, Jaina, Vol'jin, all highly powerful leaders themselves going up against a powerless meatbag, well, Garrosh will either have to have some tricks up his sleeve, or become corrupted.
    Eh, I would have agreed with you if he was still sitting around in Garadar, now not so much. he pretty much almost defeted Thrall back when he was just a general, and has given Varian a challenge, I wouldnt call that an average orc, specially with the damn size the guy has. (No seriously, hes what 400 pounds ?) And he doesnt even have god like powers (yet)
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-05 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    One of the reasons I like him, he hasn't become corrupted like 75% (if not more) of all villains in the Warcraft universe.
    yes and that will just make killing him so much more satisfying, knowing there won't be 'old gods made me do it' shit after.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh, I would have agreed with you if he was still sitting around in Garadar, now not so much. he pretty much almost defeted Thrall back when he was just a general, and has given Varian a challenge, I wouldnt call that an average orc, specially with the damn size the guy has. (No seriously, hes what 400 pounds ?) And he doesnt even have god like powers (yet)
    bring that up, and I swear, I'll post the comic.

Strong enough to win Trassk's heart by the end of the expansion. Calling it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is the greatest warchief ever and killing him off at the end of MoP sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Strong enough to win Trassk's heart by the end of the expansion. Calling it.
    My heart was removed years ago and kept in the lock box at the bottom of the sea, surrounded by sharks with lazers on there heads.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Garrosh is the greatest warchief ever and killing him off at the end of MoP sucks.
    So great that all the other horde races hate his guts and will happily join the rebellion the moment it comes, yeah, speaks for itself.

Deleted
    A very able warrior, one of Azeroths greatest and he is an one enormous orc, he isn't to be fucked with by many people. In the grand scheme of things though, he wont be the most powerful adversary we've faced. Deathwing, The Lich King, Illidan and Lei Shen could kick Garrosh's arse. As they would with pretty much any of the current faction leaders though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes definitely pretty tough for an orc. however hes got his ass handed to him by varian everytime they fight each other.
    To be fair on Garrosh Varian is channeling the spirit of a powerful ancient.

Garrosh just hits things gud.

Deleted
    Gotta love Trassk for his undying hatred of Garrosh
    OT: hes strong, Varian and Garrosh are evenly matched, but for the raid I'd suppose he will empower himself with some magic like his father did

10+ Year Old Account
    Not powerful at all at this point in time, but he's likely to be corrupted/empowered in some way to set up his encounter.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    To be fair on Garrosh Varian is channeling the spirit of a powerful ancient.

Garrosh just hits things gud.
    Varian would likely hand him his ass anyway, he's a much better and more experienced warrior.

yes and that will just make killing him so much more satisfying, knowing there won't be 'old gods made me do it' shit after.
    To be honest I'll be kind of sad killing him, not only has he been the only character to cause a shitstorm both in lore and in the community since pretty much ever, but he's such a goof, I still can't help but laugh at him in the Ulduar trailer, Varian vs Garrosh is dumb vs dumber, so much fun to be had.

I'm glad we have a dictator in Warcraft, I don't give a shit if NPC #23703 is suffering, Garrosh is so much fun to have around that it's gonna be sad to see him go.

Deleted
    Well it takes a 40 man raid to do the "For the Alliance" achievement so obviously a 10 or 25 man raid is going to have a hard time killing him!

He can incline bench press with a Clefthoof Bull in each hand... so really strong.

He could take an arrow to the knee and still walk away unscathed.

Deleted
    bring that up, and I swear, I'll post the comic.
    Damn i really need to get those comics from somewhere. Getting the feeling im missing out a lot. Ok, im intrigued. What happened in the comics? Thrall whooped Garrosh like nothing? Hopefully not the other way around..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    Damn i really need to get those comics from somewhere. Getting the feeling im missing out a lot. Ok, im intrigued. What happened in the comics? Thrall whooped Garrosh like nothing? Hopefully not the other way around..
    Thrall shits on Garrosh, they're meele fighting and at the end Thrall blasts Garrosh away like he's nothing because of the invasion. Thrall could kill Garrosh instantly if he wanted to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strong enough to handle a couple of tries from Ensidia or whatever is the best raiding guild right now. What kind of question is that?

I wonder what would happen if Blizzard would go with the "pussy out/Anduin Vrynn" scenario, where we only defeat him, but it's revealed he was corrupted/controlled/tricked/fooled/it was a bet/asked nicely andafter all Thrall will just say "I won't kill you, young Hellscream, but I will... erm... ah! take away your Gorehowl!". And Garrosh would even remain in Horde.

From the sheer hatred and fury Trassk would unleash after such an ending we would have 3rd Sundering, a reason for another expansion, and I guess an end boss as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh his voice already is aggresive, If you hear him talk in quest chains like when you go to twilight highlands in cataclysm, if you hear him scream damn, i don't want to mess with that orc