Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just found something very interesting. Remember when Caesar asked one of the slaves to shave his beard, and Crassus' slave tells him "Dominus wants you unshaven"? Well look at the new trailer for Episode 3 at 0:02 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy5t9...l_pCyxEk07EIRw

You see that dude in the white shorts with Blonde hair? I think that's Caesar. I think he's infiltrating the rebels. That's why Crassus wanted him unshaven and long hair. Now look at "The Rebels" preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf2pW...l_pCyxEk07EIRw. Look at 0:50 where Crixus and Spartacus are fighting. Look who is in the background. Caesar.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

nice find, I suppose that would be a good reason for him to be unkempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    nice find, I suppose that would be a good reason for him to be unkempt.
    Yeah, and in the Romans trailer, you can see Donar beaten up, and his hands chained behind his back. Tiberius motions with his hands toward something like he is saying "Look, look who it is", and then there is a clean shaven Caesar in his military uniform sitting on a throne with a shit eating grin on his face.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 07:09 AM ----------

Holy cow. Another pretty big find for anyone that is big on the history of Spartacus. Everyone was wondering where Castus was. We haven't seen him yet, and we know that he became a leader in Spartacus' army. Well, it turns out that Castus is an actor named Blessing Mokgohla. He appears to be one of the pirates. If you've seen the "Closer look: Agron" preview, he is the one that is holding Nasir's hand and Agron comes up and says "Remove fucking hand".

since the show is loosely following the history of spartacus i hope they change the outcome. i dont want what really happened to happen in the show and castus finally being in the show(alittle too late imo), hopefully some things change.

Imo the 2 first episodes of S3 were better than most of S2. I'm still hoping they are going to show some more Crixus badassery though, like in S1 and in the prequel, instead of being as passive as he was in S2.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Sadly I think Crixus days of being anything more then a generic sideline badass are done. he has naevia. he has no reason to risk it all. not that he doesn't believe in the cause. but you know what I mean.

Agron too has found love, he has avened Duro's death.. there isnt the same level of intensity.

Gannicus and Spartacus I think are the ones being honed this season, by pairing Gannicus with Saxa we see a differenyt side to him, and Sparty will surely fall for the Edile's wife..

As for Castus, It's late, but its never too late to make an impression in a show like that. I have to confess a little bewilderment at those who arent enjoying it, It has never claimed to be historically accurate to the letter, to be perfectly honest, nothing is historically accurate really considering that for the most part, history is written by the victor.

Enjoy it for what it is, an awesome TV show!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Imo the 2 first episodes of S3 were better than most of S2. I'm still hoping they are going to show some more Crixus badassery though, like in S1 and in the prequel, instead of being as passive as he was in S2.
    Didn't the historical Crixus split off from Spartacus and get his part of the army massacred by the Romans? Given the past rivalry and animosity between Spartacus and Crixus, I'd hoped the series was building up to that as it would be an entirely natural development. But drama makers often fail to see the gifts handed to them by history, so it's more hope than expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Didn't the historical Crixus split off from Spartacus and get his part of the army massacred by the Romans? Given the past rivalry and animosity between Spartacus and Crixus, I'd hoped the series was building up to that as it would be an entirely natural development. But drama makers often fail to see the gifts handed to them by history, so it's more hope than expectation.
    the creators mentioned in an article that something like that WOULD happen. they're not following the historical path 100%, but they said in the next few episodes that there WILL be rape, pillaging, and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Sadly I think Crixus days of being anything more then a generic sideline badass are done. he has naevia. he has no reason to risk it all. not that he doesn't believe in the cause. but you know what I mean.

Agron too has found love, he has avened Duro's death.. there isnt the same level of intensity.

Gannicus and Spartacus I think are the ones being honed this season, by pairing Gannicus with Saxa we see a differenyt side to him, and Sparty will surely fall for the Edile's wife..

As for Castus, It's late, but its never too late to make an impression in a show like that. I have to confess a little bewilderment at those who arent enjoying it, It has never claimed to be historically accurate to the letter, to be perfectly honest, nothing is historically accurate really considering that for the most part, history is written by the victor.

Enjoy it for what it is, an awesome TV show!
    Actually Crixus is just as motivated. So motivated that he wants to face Crassus immediately. You can see him and Spartacus fighting in the preview. I only assume this is what causes Crixus to split. He thinks they are making a mistake by moving away from Crassus once the Romans retake the city. Crixus has grown. He isn't any less of a badass. He's still confident and lethal, he just doesn't have the "I MUST DIE AN HONORABLE DEATH IN THE ARENA!" mentality.

For people questioning the accuracy of certain things, they forget that nothing was written historically from the Rebels point of view. Not one shred. They were all killed. So nobody knows what Spartacus' motivations for starting the rebellion were. History assumes that Crixus is overly confident and decides to head toward Rome to plunder and kill. Spartacus wanted to lead his people through the Alps and get away. But for some reason unknown he turns back. And that's when they were defeated. Though historically Spartacus forces 300 Romans to fight as Gladiators in tribute to Crixus' death. I hope they decide to show this.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Here's the thing though. Nothing is really known historically about the mindset of the Rebels. So history handed Starz a very scattered script. You can see in the Rebels preview Crixus and Spartacus going at it on 2 separate occasions. Once in the snow, and once indoors. I don't think Starz will leave this out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Actually Crixus is just as motivated. So motivated that he wants to face Crassus immediately. You can see him and Spartacus fighting in the preview. I only assume this is what causes Crixus to split. He thinks they are making a mistake by moving away from Crassus once the Romans retake the city. Crixus has grown. He isn't any less of a badass. He's still confident and lethal, he just doesn't have the "I MUST DIE AN HONORABLE DEATH IN THE ARENA!" mentality.

For people questioning the accuracy of certain things, they forget that nothing was written historically from the Rebels point of view. Not one shred. They were all killed. So nobody knows what Spartacus' motivations for starting the rebellion were. History assumes that Crixus is overly confident and decides to head toward Rome to plunder and kill. Spartacus wanted to lead his people through the Alps and get away. But for some reason unknown he turns back. And that's when they were defeated. Though historically Spartacus forces 300 Romans to fight as Gladiators in tribute to Crixus' death. I hope they decide to show this.
    I forgot about this and I SO hope it happens!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the caesar and the slave thing was forskin removal(circumsism sp?) but at least we don't have Galbar and his bimbo wife anymore... plus the producers did say War of the Damned was the final season.... so either they change history and let the hereos live... or we see the 5000 crosses from Capua to Rome actually happen.

Fuck Naevia. I'm getting tired of her bullshit. I hope she eats it soon.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    since the show is loosely following the history of spartacus i hope they change the outcome. i dont want what really happened to happen in the show and castus finally being in the show(alittle too late imo), hopefully some things change.
    They aren't going to rewrite history. Unfortunately Sparty and Co are going to have to go down. Now, Deknight said it will be a satisfying ending, and that nobody escapes unscathed. So I'm going to take a guess and say that Tiberius gets killed to scar Crassus, plus not to mention that historically despite Crassus winning the war, Pompeii takes the credit and the glory and is celebrated for it. So that also may be another mark on Crassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    I thought the caesar and the slave thing was forskin removal(circumsism sp?) but at least we don't have Galbar and his bimbo wife anymore... plus the producers did say War of the Damned was the final season.... so either they change history and let the hereos live... or we see the 5000 crosses from Capua to Rome actually happen.
    They aren't going to go that far. Plus, Mcintyre said something like "Have a box of kleenex's for the finale". He said that the final scenes were so powerful and emotional that he was still crying later on that night. Deknight said the same thing. He said he watched the unedited version of the entire season and was bawling at the end. So it probably won't be pretty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've struggled to like it since the original passed away, I just don't like the new actor who replaced him.
    I'm with you there.

I've struggled with Spartacus up until the episode I think it was where they go to the mines to find Crixus' lady friend. I haven't seen an episode past that and I can't really say I'm that bothered about missing them.

Maybe when I run out of seasons I'll revisit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I couldn't get into it after being so glued to it with Andy as Spartacus, I tried giving it a chance with their new actor Liam but I just couldn't. I'm not trying to bring a debate between the two, though I do hope this series does well in viewers. It's a great story and kudos for it being another Aussie actor, we need more of them breaking into Hollywood.

Deleted
    Just found out that S4 was going to be the final one and the series ends after this. First Merlin and now this..

I agree with some other about Liam feeling a bit out of place or "fake" in the begging of season 3. But towards the end of the last season and especially this one, I think he fits perfectly.

Aww yeah, Gannicus putting Naevia in her place.

Deleted
    Isn't the 4th episode airing in the US tonight?
    How do you know about the Gannicus and Naevia thing? And I want to know what Crixus thinks about this. :P

I also liked Andy much more than Liam as Spartacus. Liam is a good actor, but he seems a bit "shallow", I don't know. Andy had so many strong emotional scenes in the first season (Sura's Death, Varo's Death (amazing acting) and many else), yet Liam has basically just been giving some speeches and fighting.
    I hate cancer and I so would have liked to see Andy go on as Spartacus, in my opinion he is the better spartacus. But we can't do anything about that.
    And ye, he approved of Liam to take over for him, but seriously.. what choice did he have? He had just gotten the worst message of his life (cancer) and it's not like he could have said "I don't like the guy, put the series on ice".

Also I can't believe what bad genetics Liam must have. He had around 2 years to buff up physically for the role, yet he hardly hasn't changed from S2E1 at all. He went to 2 boot camps with hardcore training and guided nutrition, supplements and everything (I think the producers would take certain actions to make the main actor of the GLADIATOR series look more muscular and not like a 16 year old) but with very bad results. Andy was also much better in that regard and he wanted to be bigger for S2 too (said it at comicon). Just look at Crixus in S1E2, he is a frickin beast (and still now, just not in THAT awesome shape like back then).

Apart from that, I liked the episodes so far. Can't wait to see the little fucker (Crassus son) die at the hands of spartacus/crixus/gannicus. Altho is just trying to please his father I guess. But being reckless is just going to get him killed. Plus, Batiatus was the best villain of the series so far, Crassus still has to prove himself.

^ Historically I don't think these people would have been bristling with muscles. In those times food would not have been plentiful, especially considering they were at war also. They would have been doing a lot of labour too; moving heavy objects, training etc. They would have been muscley yes, but they wouldn't have been beef cake with it.

And I am all about the Agron. He is so my future past husband!
    RETH

Fuckin Hell. Crixus is becoming a villian. Naevia needs put down. She's like the girl that comes on tour with the band and starts trying to control it. I think this is part of Starz plan though. We saw a sensitive side to Caesar and he got really shaken up. Starz said we're going to be very satisfied with the ending. I think what they're trying to do is get us to hate some of the rebels. IE Crixus and Naevia so that we'll be happy to see their inevitable death. I can't wait until Crixus dies now. Which is a shame because he grew so much from the first season. Now he's a puppet for Naevia.

And how about that decimation. Episode 4 was pretty shocking.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 05:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    ^ Historically I don't think these people would have been bristling with muscles. In those times food would not have been plentiful, especially considering they were at war also. They would have been doing a lot of labour too; moving heavy objects, training etc. They would have been muscley yes, but they wouldn't have been beef cake with it.

And I am all about the Agron. He is so my future past husband!
    Gladiators were treated like thoroughbreds. Their diets were the best that could offer, and they trained hard. That muscle doesn't just disappear. Especially when fighting and swinging heavy swords and shields.