Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Gerald has a beard now?

GOTY

beards work all the time.

its almost as if they want gerard butler to play him in a movie or something.. why doesnt he have white hair :S
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-02-05 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    YESSS!!!!!! Loved the last one. Going to be amazing. More open, Like they said it would be open as skyrim, but the same interesting choices to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ayaolkal1rnr1mmo1_500.jpg[IMG]

beards work all the time.

[IMG]http://beardeogamebros.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/geraltbeardfront.png[IMG]

its almost as if they want to gerard butler to play him in a movie or something.. why doesnt he have white hair :S
    That's it, I'm gonna gouge my eyes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 sounds nice but I would rather have new info on the cyberpunk game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    In a good world we can have both

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    CD said is not going to be ready before 2015, i expect a trailer at E3 though
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2013-02-05 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Oh please don't tell me this is gonna be another soulless TES-style game. Open world games tend to have really really lame plot.

Meh. After how boring and dull the second game came out, not sure it's worth waiting for Witcher 3. I really enjoyed the first game, but the second one just ruined everything for me. But I guess we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    Oh please don't tell me this is gonna be another soulless TES-style game. Open world games tend to have really really lame plot.
    You mean to tell me that TES series is soulless? Are you trolling or are you actually serious? Because I think you're trolling.

Don't worry, they won't fail us, and the plot will be just epic (just read books, because if Geralt restores his memory...that'd be the most epic thing ever).

And the girl on the cover of gameinformer MIGHT be Ciri. Just look at the hair! (that rider with the hood)

More facts:

- There will be 96 fighting animations (there were 20 in Witcher 2)
    - Geralt will not give a fuck about joining factions etc, but he will care about his friends and the ones who he loves (Yennefer, Cirilla)
    - No loading screens
    - Possibility of mounted fight
    - 2x more people working on W3 than on W2
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2013-02-05 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, guess I better get started on The Witcher and The Witcher 2 then.

Hope 3 has a better combat system >.>
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also, living for centuries doesn't mean you don't get older or lose the ability to grow facial hair ^_^
    once fully mutated witchers do not age like normal people.. think wolverine. ofc he has the ability to grow a beard.. but its like giving mario a shave. imo geralt with his white hair (little bit of stubble) is his own iconic look.. its been that way in the games and the books.

No idea why they feel the need to change it but hey whatever.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-02-05 at 11:07 PM.

Needless to say I creamed my pants
    This plus some DayZ footage, oh my oh my, my gaming senses are tingling!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Welp, guess I better get started on The Witcher and The Witcher 2 then.

Hope 3 has a better combat system >.>
    The Witcher 2 one was actually good?
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-02-05 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Needless to say I creamed my pants
    This plus some DayZ footage, oh my oh my, my gaming senses are tingling!

The Witcher 2 one was actually good? :P
    I dunno, wasn't overly fond of the W2 combat system but I only played the tutorial to ensure that the game worked on my system. Waiting until I finish W1 to play it (currently working on it, but it'll be a while, I don't have as much free time now as I did over the summer)
    Putin khuliyo

I doubt it. Their entire focus on the first two games was a strong story, and those two games had excellent writing and carefully executed events. From watching the "Dev Update" clip on YouTube, it seems pretty clear that they're structuring a pretty involved story that will have serious changes and consequences if you pull a Skyrim and just go exploring, doing quests whenever you feel like. I certainly hope it's not coercion, but I have faith they'll make it as amazing as possible given the range of possibilities.

Witcher 1 was based on Aurora Engine, Witcher 2 was based on REDEngine, and Witcher 3 is based on RED Engine 3.

Deleted
    I was really exited when I heard this. I was even more exited when I heard it was going to be an open world game. If this is done right this game will be incredibly awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    "On PC and top of the line consoles in 2014"

Sigh...time to build a new PC...AGAIN...

Deleted
    I was never able to get into Witcher 2. It still sits on the shelf and I only played it for like 2 hours, then gave up.

I can't really name one good reason why. Usually I never buy games before knowing that I at least like them. I might give Witcher 3 a try though IF they either make a femgerald or allow the player more freedom when playing the male one. I found the idea of having to "conquer" and sleep with a lot of women offensive.

Another thing I wish they change is the console-like play style (if it's the right term), I mean things like actively pressing the up key to jump over a rolling barrel or a key combo to dodge a dragon. More active play style is fine but being forced into it is something I hate in RPGs. A good solution would be an option between fast reflexes or investing in jump power or fire resist so you can instead just tank the flames or roll around to avoid them easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    One of the biggest strenghts of TW was the story telling, which usually doesnt work well with open world games.
    According to what? Just because Skyrim doesn't have a very strong storyline doesn't mean that open world games can't have a strong story. The world being open or linear doesn't decide the story-telling aspect of the game at all. CD Projekt are excellent storytellers, and choosing to make the game open world won't change that. I have very high hopes for this. The Witcher is one of my favorite game series ever.

Deleted
    wow, this sounds amazing, Witcher in a Skyrim style, who knew... I hope it works for them.