Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erbs101 View Post
    Hello,
    We almost feel the same way but here are my thoughts
    • Reduce focus cost for chimera shot by 10 or increase its damage output.
    Aimed Shot to have a 100% crit chance during CA phase.
    • Add a multi-shot proc. - whenever your multi-shot crits, you'll receive an MS proc which increases multi-shot crit rate by 100% for 8sec.
    Aimed shot already does have a 100% crit chance during CA.

Increases the critical strike chance of your Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health.
    I have nearly 25% crit unbuffed, so I'd have 100% crit on it in a raid setting.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Looks like most of us have the same sentiments on whats needed to be done.

• Lower focus cost on Chimera and Aimed Shot.
    • As for AMoC im perfectly fine with its current focus cost.
    • Kill Shot for me is fine in its current state aswell.

I think asking for an AoE buff on the marks spec is too much.. but i still feel, the broken part of MM is the huge focus cost of its signature spell and the CA phase which needs to be fixed.

But i still feel the mm spec should really get, a 90-100% crit chance for as during ca phase for AS, it has a long cast time and huge focus cost, the reward for that should be good not a crap RNG and hope for the best that you crit.

Quote Originally Posted by erbs101 View Post
    Looks like most of us have the same sentiments on whats needed to be done.

• Lower focus cost on Chimera and Aimed Shot.
    • As for AMoC im perfectly fine with its current focus cost.
    • Kill Shot for me is fine in its current state aswell.

I think asking for an AoE buff on the marks spec is too much.. but i still feel, the broken part of MM is the huge focus cost of its signature spell and the CA phase which needs to be fixed.

But i still feel the mm spec should really get, a 90-100% crit chance for as during ca phase for AS, it has a long cast time and huge focus cost, the reward for that should be good not a crap RNG and hope for the best that you crit.
    Aimed shot already should crit 100% of the time during the CA phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Aimed shot already should crit 100% of the time during the CA phase.
    He meant it should always crit regardless of CA phase, you misread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Just have piercing wounds tick for 45-50k/90-100k a hit/crit like improved SS does and have aimed shot deal 500% weapon damage, problem solved.
    What are you talking about? SV has been the spec of choice for the average hunter since wrath and has topped meters with relatively easy play compared to MM. Even GC himself said MM is equal to SV but only if you play it flawlessly. SV doesn't have much to it, it's easy and deals buckets of damage so everyone goes with it and apparently Blizz wishes this to be their hunter design philosophy...
    As far as my memory goes:
    Vanilla: MM --> BM? (haven't played)
    TBC: BM ---> SV
    WotlK: MM --> SV? (haven't played my hunter)
    Cata: SV
    MoP: BM --> SV

MM is my fav spec both from play style and role play perspectives, but he does have some kind of a point if my memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    As far as my memory goes:
    Vanilla: MM --> BM? (haven't played)
    TBC: BM ---> SV(at least one per raid started to be needed at t6-level)
    WotlK: BM (until the patch that nerfed double bw) -> SV (before ulduar came in) -> MM (after ulduar release and arp got an important topic) -> SV -> BM
    Cata: SV (before the first batch of nerfs) -> MM (before 4.3, cuz movement/scaling) -> SV(after 4.3, cuz AoE)
    MoP: BM --> SV(except AoE fights)
    fixed.
    /10char

Remove arcane shot from marks. Why have an elemental shot for a physical dps spec?
    Aimed shot becomes the focus dump with a base 2.0 cast time.
    TOTH procs reduced Aimed shot focus cost.
    New ability Ricochet: While active, your critical shots pierce the target causing 30% of the damage to target within 40 yards. Reduces your focus regeneration by 20%.

These are the best ideas I can come up with to make marks not OP but much more interesting.

Deleted
    - Buff dmg on aimed / chimera shot
    - Reduce the focus cost of Aimed/Chimera shot
    - Give us a passive focus restore or more focus like some others have said.
    - Increase the healing of chimera shot to 5% this will help alot in PvP form plus in PvE for some healers.
    - Give a new talent for choosing Marksman. Right now marksman has NOTHING exclusive compared to BM/SV. Maybe steady shot doing something cool ? or Aimed shot receiving a buff like adding a debbuf to your target. What ever we need a NEW spell there! They took away our 3min CD on rapid fire, silence shot , readines. Whats new there? 3 new shots that hit like a wett noodle.

Those are my idea for the spec. This is mainly a PvP view of point since Marksmanship was and should always be the PVP spec for hunters. Like frost for mages and if i am were correct sub for rogues ( or it was assan i dunno xD i do not play rogue :P )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    - Give a new talent for choosing Marksman. Right now marksman has NOTHING exclusive compared to BM/SV. Maybe steady shot doing something cool ? or Aimed shot receiving a buff like adding a debbuf to your target.
    Great suggestion, how about adding some sort of bleed? It would have to be tuned a little but how about 30% of the damage being transferred over in a bleed? We could make it interact with crits as well so crits for Marksmanship aren't just ''more damage''. Like for example, only making crits turn into a bleed for 30% of the damage done.

We could call it Piercing Shots or something, that would quite fit the Hunter theme as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Remove arcane shot from marks. Why have an elemental shot for a physical dps spec?
    You know Chimera Shot does elemental damage, don't you? It even procs bleeding! :P

As MM could do with a little love, the focus cost reductions would make sense.
    but I'm quite sure its not really needed for the reasons you mentioned (capping). focus capping is just the result of not being able to play the specc ideally (yet).
    it's not as if MM was faced with an Invigoration (+20 focus proccs) talent, so your focus income is steady an predictable, and if you focus cap, you most defenetly did something wrong. (just fire off an Arcane if you see that you will focus cap with the next Aimed. even under CA phase I would prefer to use a global for arcane than waste 20 focus) Not saying that I would do it better, but being able to play a specc really well isn't done in respeccing and going a few LFRs / target dummy sessions :-)
    these days you're not that constrained by 2x Steady anymore that makes it so hard to not focus cap. (the 20sec is really much better then the 10 it used to be)

If they made Piercing shots apply on all Chimeria Aimed and steady shots that would bring MM up inline with the other hunter specs. It would still be clunky gameplay wise bu the damage would be buffed enough to make it viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    If they made Piercing shots apply on all Chimeria Aimed and steady shots that would bring MM up inline with the other hunter specs. It would still be clunky gameplay wise bu the damage would be buffed enough to make it viable.
    if you want to just give those abilities more damage, why not directly increase their dmg+scaling by some %, if you let piercing shots be "baseline" you devalue crit in the process. would also devalue Arcane as a focus dump compared to aimed (which then devalues ToTH) etc etc.
    you know, it's not allways as simple as it seems. let's just let the game devs do their job

MM is actually pretty decent on the PTR. I've been it for a few of the test fights, most recently consorts and doing good dps. If I were going to make any changes it'd be buff chimera shot and steady shot's damage by like 15% each, and change marks mastery to piercing shot and basically make wild quiver what piercing shot is now just a basic flat proc. The reason I'd prefer piercing shot as mark's mastery is because right now as you get more gear you get more haste/stats in general and hardcasting aimed shot becomes more attractive, but at the same time you're getting more mastery so using arcane shot as a focus dump to get as many wild quivers as possible also becomes more attractive. With a mastery like piercing shots we could finally get our haste and mastery to compliment eachother rather than compete against and I think it'd make the spec a lot more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    if you want to just give those abilities more damage, why not directly increase their dmg+scaling by some %, if you let piercing shots be "baseline" you devalue crit in the process. would also devalue Arcane as a focus dump compared to aimed (which then devalues ToTH) etc etc.
    you know, it's not allways as simple as it seems. let's just let the game devs do their job
    it doesn't devalue crit. Look at warriors that how deep wounds works and they stack crit even over strength. Its just a flat damage increase for thoes 3 shots adding prolly about 7-9% damage increase which is what marks is roughly behind now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathon View Post
    MM is actually pretty decent on the PTR. I've been it for a few of the test fights, most recently consorts and doing good dps. If I were going to make any changes it'd be buff chimera shot and steady shot's damage by like 15% each, and change marks mastery to piercing shot and basically make wild quiver what piercing shot is now just a basic flat proc. The reason I'd prefer piercing shot as mark's mastery is because right now as you get more gear you get more haste/stats in general and hardcasting aimed shot becomes more attractive, but at the same time you're getting more mastery so using arcane shot as a focus dump to get as many wild quivers as possible also becomes more attractive. With a mastery like piercing shots we could finally get our haste and mastery to compliment eachother rather than compete against and I think it'd make the spec a lot more fluid.
    Define "pretty decent". When I do 120k as BM and similar for Survival, I would assume MM would be around that +/- 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Define "pretty decent". When I do 120k as BM and similar for Survival, I would assume MM would be around that +/- 1%.
    MM will stay about 8% behind. the AiS change basically bakes in the 4pc t14 for marks into AIS permantly. so honestly nothing with marks will change once the 4pc t14 is broken.

well with the upgraded ilvl I was maintaining about 140k dps into dusk phase on consorts (10m in case it matters)

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    He meant it should always crit regardless of CA phase, you misread.
    Aimed Shot to have a 100% crit chance during CA phase.
    You misread buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so increase damage by 10% on all the main shots, make the main shots also proc peircing shots.... and fix the pet pathing issues.... to summon it up.

more stable slots also.. a level cap increase too(oops was thinking of borderlands 2)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You misread buddy.
    English is not my first language, that still confuses me though.

And I do agree that AiS should have a higher crit chance.