10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    why kill anything, get you self a hanging punching bag or something similar... punck kick scream the leaving fuck out of it and move on, would work as a double factor for working out too!
    Punching bags don't scream when you light them on fire
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Bah, who cares at what language you are getting yelled at? If you see people communicating in other language, it doesn't mean you need to know what they are saying, probably it is just thrash talk.
    It's not about being yelled at, even then how do I even know I'm being yelled at?
    Yes you do need to be able to communicate with people. It is a team game where being able to coordinate and work together are vital to playing the game let alone winning. Telling me you don't need to communicate in such a team driven game is just flat out wrong.
    In particular during late game ganks communication is practically mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And just curious, how would you reacted if you heard people communicating in French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, German, Dutch, Greek, Albanian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic?
    Poland, Romania, Greek and Albania should be on their own East EU server just like the Russians should be on theirs.
    But to the rest I suck it up. Would I prefer it if they were speaking English? Ofcourse and why wouldn't I. But they aren't actually doing anything wrong as they're part of West EU and have as much right to speak and expect their language as I do my own.
    Language barriers in the EU are a flaw that sometimes get forgotten about and Russians deciding to throw themselves into the problem really doesn't help at all, they have their own servers so they should use them and they should feel blessed that they actually have a server dedicated to one country and language.

This isn't simply a matter of one person being in a game, no more often than not when I play with my bro the other 3 people on our team are Russian. Heck there are so many of them I actually had to re-read the region filters to make sure that selecting Eu West wasn't instead filtering me out.

To which I must ask. Why are they even on the EU West server in the first place when they have their own?
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-05 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    To which I must ask. Why are they even on the EU West server in the first place when they have their own?
    Because queuing on all servers results in shorter queue times. And many players from the CIS dota community prefer to avoid playing with their own community. If it makes you feel any better, here is a 3 step guide for making your encounters with Russian speakers more entertaining:

1) Answer their queries politely in English as if you completely understood what they were saying, "Yes, exactly, I couldn't agree more with you."

2) Converse with them in Russian using all the words you learned while playing dota. And Vladimir Putin.

3) Converse with them in Finnish or whatever Gutterspeak you're capable of.

Or just don't take it too seriously. Remember that on the average, there's more Russian speakers in the enemy team if you aren't one.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-05 at 07:21 PM.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I have to bring it up:http://i.imgur.com/SkGlf.png

Once every 2 games or so we have a Russian on our team despite being qued Australia only, I have no idea why they would queue to a higher ping server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    I'm sure this has been posted before but I have to bring it up:http://i.imgur.com/SkGlf.png

Once every 2 games or so we have a Russian on our team despite being qued Australia only, I have no idea why they would queue to a higher ping server.
    I currently live in Chile (as an american) I at first I tried just queuing only for SA servers, but found the number of trolls to be to high to tollerate and justify low ping. I would rather play with people who at least 80% of the time are not trying to be trolling retards even if it means dealing with constant 200 pings- note i barely fluctuate from right at 200- 199-201. Same could be said for those Russian, willing to tolerate high ping for better playing pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I currently live in Chile (as an american) I at first I tried just queuing only for SA servers, but found the number of trolls to be to high to tollerate and justify low ping. I would rather play with people who at least 80% of the time are not trying to be trolling retards even if it means dealing with constant 200 pings- note i barely fluctuate from right at 200- 199-201. Same could be said for those Russian, willing to tolerate high ping for better playing pools.
    That is fair but for me playing on EU I would ping around 300-450 but it's been a while since I last tried playing with a friend from EU not really worth the trade for me personally unless they are trolling by feeding/ability griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Only the pretty heroes!
    Lion isn't pretty Nemi.

Recently learnt that Shadowblade and BH's Shadow walk stack, yet to try if it still works but if so I'm going to have some fun 1 shotting the enemy carry.

Lion isn't pretty Nemi.

Recently learnt that Shadowblade and BH's Shadow walk stack, yet to try if it still works but if so I'm going to have some fun 1 shotting the enemy carry.
    I'm sorry to spoil the fun but that was mostly fixed not too long ago and bonus damage from Shadowblade no longer works with Jinada or any other critical strike.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:36 PM ----------

How rude of them! I don't very much approve of speaking anything but English in public channels on English servers, much like I'd expect German on German servers.
    Speaking of German servers, I have an almost tangentially related experience. Back when I first acquired WoW I had no idea what server I should play on after beta and I only knew the names of planned Finnish realms which I wanted to avoid, so for whatever reason I consulted the user manual. It actually said there that you should play on realms located geographically closest to you, so... German realms. Which could be the reason I don't tend to get upset in dota when someone attempts to communicate in a 'wrong' language. Like some people might get upset when a Russian-speaking player who can speak English and queued for all 3 EU servers might not instantly know which server he is at and first attempts to communicate in Russian.

Poland, Romania, Greek and Albania should be on their own East EU server just like the Russians should be on theirs.
    >poland
    >east

No.

and why this countries on 1 server?
    their languages are definitely not similar (greece doenst even use latin alphabet letters)

also language barrier is not a problem
    as long as you are playing with decent people

i met (in game) more retarded english speaking ppl than russians, i just lost a game with 3 of my countrymens (right term?)
    but they were so dumb (well, 2 of them) no amout of clearly understandable talking would help

if they are living in deep east part of russia maybe SEA/Australian servers are actually better than EU ?
    dont quote me on that, but im pretty sure australian connections are routed via SEA
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-06 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    I just CRUSHED my old XPM record! Played Phantom Assassin and had a great start! Game can be found here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    and why this countries on 1 server?
    their languages are definitely not similar (greece doenst even use latin alphabet letters)
    Less countries means less language barriers and lower ping.

also language barrier is not a problem
    as long as you are playing with decent people
    Hardly. Pinging the map can only go so far, which isn't very. Whether or not communication is needed isn't something that's up for debate with a game so dependent on team play.

i met (in game) more retarded english speaking ppl than russians, i just lost a game with 3 of my countrymens (right term?)
    but they were so dumb (well, 2 of them) no amout of clearly understandable talking would help
    I don't care about their skill. I've seen people from both camps bash the other's skill level and personally I find that part of the argument just stupid. Idiots will idiots regardless of language.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I just CRUSHED my old XPM record! Played Phantom Assassin and had a great start! Game can be found here
    I'll spare some time to watch it .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-06 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I was kinda scratching my head when you dived around 11:20 , until you got the kill and escaped .

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly. Pinging the map can only go so far, which isn't very. Whether or not communication is needed isn't something that's up for debate with a game so dependent on team play.
    Yeah. Pinging can't tell Leoric to stop autoattacking the goddamn creeps, or that he shouldn't be taking crit and aura at low levels. Though, of course, you can get asshats that speak English and ignore the team, anyway.

Had a Keeper like that earlier... we had a Centy begging him for mana repeatedly, and we figured he just didn't speak English. But then, nope, he suddenly decides to start talking and it turns out he speaks English just fine, he's just an asshole.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in a group of 4 portugese-speaking folk yesterday. Pretty sure I was being yelled at in a language I don't understand, the only part I understood was when they called me by the hero's name, so I'm not quite sure what they hoped to accomplish. But, we did terrible. It's zero fun to play with people you can't communicate with.
    Hence why everyone gripes about wanting some way to ensure everyone in a match shares a common language

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hence why everyone gripes about wanting some way to ensure everyone in a match shares a common language
    captcha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    captcha
    Haha, maybe. I still favor region locks for solo queue MM, though

well, common language is not the game-saver either, you can always have a team full of feth-heads or plain noobs, to the point where no amount of shakespeare-like syllables can help you other than to insult them beautifully and poetically

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well, common language is not the game-saver either, you can always have a team full of feth-heads or plain noobs, to the point where no amount of shakespeare-like syllables can help you other than to insult them beautifully and poetically
    Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.
    Or a language lock.
    With a captcha test

10+ Year Old Account
    As a random question about Dota, if I'm not mistaken in the original Dota there was a Mountain King? If so does anybody know if there's any plans to release one in Dota 2?
    I'm not sure if I'm right in my assumption, I'm just a bit of Dwarf fan .