Deleted

Wind Lord HC: dragon roar+BB as usual, or Bladestorm and/or Avatar?

Since the majority of our dps will be during that 30 second window, I was thinking if Avatar (24 sec duration) would be worth it vs BB. Ofc we wont have avatar up for every nuke phase.

Im not sure with bladestorm either, I know its a good choice for aoe, but do we miss too much dps in nuke phase by losing dragons roar?

Thank you

Deleted
    Getting the adds down faster is of greater importance. Makes the whole fight less hectic.

Deleted
    Yes ofcourse, but for personal dps, which would be best?

Deleted
    Windlord is one of those fights where you should aim to help your Raid in the best way possible not for enlarging your e-Peen by having the best Spec for your personal DPS Rankings. I would stick with the best DPS output for the Adds and not on the Boss. In my opinion that would be Bladestorm + Bloodbath.

Imo, go Dragon Roar + BB. Usually our windlord fight lets me use 4-5 DR + BB, all at the right moments. If I pop DR BB at the start of the fight, I'll always have it ready for recklessness. After that, I'll have it ready for adds again and afterwards I have it ready for the last recklessness / execute phase.

Adds are never really an issue on this fight as long as your strategy allows you to control them appropriately, so I don't see the need for more AOE dps. On the other hand, more single target during recklessness? It's a no brainer.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 11:03 AM ----------

Also, I don't think Avatar would be worth it (although honestly I have no idea, but it's just my general feeling). You would have to delay using Avatar until the first recklessness and then, depending on your group's overall dps, you may not even have the opportunity to use it again in the whole fight b/c of its long CD. Bladestorm sucks too because it just does good against the adds and you're wasting a lot of GCDs if you use it on the boss during recklessness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thranng View Post
    Windlord is one of those fights where you should aim to help your Raid in the best way possible not for enlarging your e-Peen by having the best Spec for your personal DPS Rankings.
    That is the aim on ALL progression fights. Just because I asked which would be highest for personal dps doesnt mean i want to "enlarging your e-Peen by having the best Spec for your personal DPS Rankings" . Also, if the boss is on farm, then yes, you try to get ranked on wol etc..

If I was TG I might use Bladestorm but as SMF I always run Dragon Roar.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Since the majority of our dps will be during that 30 second window, I was thinking if Avatar (24 sec duration) would be worth it vs BB. Ofc we wont have avatar up for every nuke phase.

Im not sure with bladestorm either, I know its a good choice for aoe, but do we miss too much dps in nuke phase by losing dragons roar?

Thank you
    Assuming you save BB and have it for every nuke phase, BB is going to be better than Avatar anyway. Even more so if you chain adds so you have 2 phases B2B.

Quote Originally Posted by Thranng View Post
    Windlord is one of those fights where you should aim to help your Raid in the best way possible not for enlarging your e-Peen by having the best Spec for your personal DPS Rankings. I would stick with the best DPS output for the Adds and not on the Boss. In my opinion that would be Bladestorm + Bloodbath.
    Considering tank DPS is by far the most substantial DPS contribution in this fight (assuming 1tank), you ARE helping the raid significantly by boosting your total, overall DPS. If you are having no problems with survivability, that should be your next step, no question, and not just "for rankings".

Our prot warrior solo tanks the fight on 25H. He uses Dragon Roar and Bloodbath. He ranked ~130 (private logs) and his gear hasn't even broken 500 iLvl yet. Survivability isn't really an issue for him.