Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 DPS 2 Piece Set bonus

Just a heads up, the random-proc Zandalari Minion can be Death Pact'd.

If you want to test, Flaskataur is selling the gear where the Valor vendors are on the PTR.

Deleted
    Assuming you can death pact him it automatically makes it undead hence shackle/turn evil affects it correct?
    also did you managed to spawn more than one or you can only have one at a time?

It didn't proc a whole lot (though I was Blood in tank gear), but I did manage to get 2 up at the same time.

I only tested it for about 20 minutes, but for DW frost it looks to be roughly 2-3% dps in 510 ilvl gear with no raid buffs.

So, did a bit of testing as unholy.

Firstly they do seem to be able to proc off spells like howling blast, death coil and blood boil.
    Secondly they seem to fixate on the mob that, the spell that proced the troll hit.
    Thirdly they don't follow pet commands.

So example of all these facts.
    If you blood boil a large pack, you might get trolls fixated on mobs that aren't your primary target.

From all my testing they proc pretty decently, I would normally get 2 to proc on a single mob with 3-4 on small aoe packs of 3-4 mobs. It was regular enough too as to I would always have one up no matter what. (this was as blood)

I can't wait to see this with Unholy with Timmy, Gary, the army and a big aoe pack
    imagine the possibilites

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Firstly they do seem to be able to proc off spells like howling blast, death coil and blood boil.
    If they can proc from spells such as that, would they have a chance to proc off touch of the grave? (Is there a way to test this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendale View Post
    If they can proc from spells such as that, would they have a chance to proc off touch of the grave? (Is there a way to test this?)
    I was curious too, I sent GC a tweet, but I'm pretty doubtful that he'll respond to it.

Deleted
    I ran some test of this 2p on the PTR now, its possible the worst 2p ever in wow, not just for dks, but all classes.

And yes, all attacks seems to be able to proc it, as long as it's a damage dealing ability. But only 1 can proc at time, 100% sure I saw somewhere Blizzard said the only limit would be how lucky you get with procs.

Deleted
    Any chance someone could make it proc on a target dummy, reset damage meters and see how much damage+DPS 1 of them does overall?

Hopefully they scale somewhat, inheriting haste and/or STR otherwise they'll be pretty bad... If it does proc from Touch of the Grave then I don't know if I can stand being Alliance any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    And yes, all attacks seems to be able to proc it, as long as it's a damage dealing ability. But only 1 can proc at time, 100% sure I saw somewhere Blizzard said the only limit would be how lucky you get with procs.
    You can most certainly proc more then one at a time so I don't think you tested this enough, especially since myself and a few others posted before and said they could.
    Were you doing it single target, or aoe? If it was single I suggest testing some aoe as you will see plenty pop up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You can most certainly proc more then one at a time so I don't think you tested this enough, especially since myself and a few others posted before and said they could.
    Were you doing it single target, or aoe? If it was single I suggest testing some aoe as you will see plenty pop up
    I tried both, for 45min, not a single time I had 2 up.

You can definitely have multiple trolls active at once.

With a 1 RPPM (allegedly), you really shouldn't be surprised at all that you don't have 2 trolls up at once on single-target.

Probability_Per_Action = RPPM * (1 + Haste%) * Time_Since_Last_Proc_Chance / 60 * 100

You perform roughly 2 actions every second that could proc the ghoul (1 action every 0.50 seconds, if uniform). Depending on whether "melee haste" includes Icy Talons / Unholy Aura / etc., you'll get a slightly different result, but it's still going to illustrate my point just fine. Best case scenario would be that it includes those, so I'll look at that.

Procs_Per_Action = (1 RPPM) * (1.5444 haste) * (0.50 seconds / action) / (60 seconds)= 0.01287 procs / action

Taking the reciprocal, 77.7 actions / proc, and converting to units of time, 38.75 seconds / proc, and the proc only lasts 15 seconds.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

You know you could've just done 60/1.5444 ? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    So, in essence it's a crappy Gurthalak?

It's a less ridiculous gurthalak yes.

As a set bonus it's good enough without being too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You know you could've just done 60/1.5444 ? :P
    Of course. I would rather lose the attention of readers by having too much detail than to lose it by taking a shortcut that they might not be aware of. Dimensional analysis would prove it anyway.

However, in-game validation that it is actually using an RPPM of 1.0 would be nice. Pure auto attacks will keep the time term constant.
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2013-02-06 at 11:01 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

I ran some test of this 2p on the PTR now, its possible the worst 2p ever in wow, not just for dks, but all classes.
    I'd be interested to see some numbers from you to justify this.

The two piece was anywhere from 3-5% of my damage during testing tonight.

Why? If it does 2-3% of your total damage, that's about right for a set bonus.

Edit: and if it does 3-5%, it's probably a bit too good.