Npc scan and rare pets

OK so i cleared cache and went to sholazar to searc for Loquenak after few minutes npc scan went of and i tamed him,after that went for few laps around Storm Peaks to search for Skoll and after seeing him killled by another hunter,i went to sleep.Today when i looged in my npc scan showed that Sambas,Karoma,magria,Ankha,Banthalos are also cached.

So my question is how come they apear cahched when i didnt set foot in those areas at all?

Sry if this is wrong place to ask this.

Hunters who have already tamed those pets will get those NPC's cached if you are nearby them. So, especially if you enter a large city, there's a good chance NPCscan will cache one or many rare hunter pet NPC's. If you're hunting them you'll want to leave large cities, exit game, delete cache, re-enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Hunters who have already tamed those pets will get those NPC's cached if you are nearby them. So, especially if you enter a large city, there's a good chance NPCscan will cache one or many rare hunter pet NPC's. If you're hunting them you'll want to leave large cities, exit game, delete cache, re-enter.
    It'll only cache the Hunter pets if they haven't been renamed(since it works off name as the addon does /target [rare-name] spam).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It'll only cache the Hunter pets if they haven't been renamed(since it works off name as the addon does /target [rare-name] spam).
    It doesn't work like that...

It tries to print out name of the target based on NPC ID on an invisible tooltip frame using WoW API function that return name based on ID, thing is this function only returns value if you have that NPC in cache. So when you delete cache, when addon is able to write out a name it means that you JUST seen that NPC and it alerts you to this. Once NPC is cached it no longer can be sure if you JUST seen it or you saw it 10 days ago.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If it did that you'd never need to clear your cache. And would probably be against the ToS, if even possible at all with an addon. From the npc scan addon description on curse:

Limitations

The only problem mobs for _NPCScan are tamable beasts. Even when you run across the tamed version, _NPCScan gets tricked into thinking that mob is nearby. In order to prevent those false positives, _NPCScan only shows alerts for tamable mobs in their original zones. That is, if you spot Loque'nahak in Dalaran instead of Sholazar Basin where it usually patrols, _NPCScan would ignore it. When one of these tamable mob false-alarms happens, you'll see a message in your chat window explaining why it got ignored.

Since this makes tamable mobs are so difficult to track, I suggest you fly to the tamable mob's zone first, clear your cache, and then search for it. Any time you pass through a populated area like Dalaran, you risk filling your cache with popular rare pets.

npcscan has a option of sending a warning, even if that pet /rare is cached. Works wonders on the rares at pandaria.