10+ Year Old Account

Fel Flame as Demo

Perhaps an odd question, but in BiS gear, how much does using Fel Flame instead of Shadow Bolt sim for (I'm know it's worse, and I'm not doing it)? Just interested into seeing how bad of a damage loss is.

I would check myself, but I'm bad at working the Warlock SimC. D:

Thanks for your help.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Fel Flame as filler: Warlock_Demonology_T14H : 102824 dps
    Shadow Bolt as filler: Warlock_Demonology_T14H : 116636 dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Fel Flame as filler: Warlock_Demonology_T14H : 102824 dps
    Shadow Bolt as filler: Warlock_Demonology_T14H : 116636 dps
    This very different results from what I've gotten. My results running 6minutes:

Fel Flame: 114033 dps
    Shadow Bolt: 118659

The DPCT of Shadow Bolt and Fel flame are nearly identical, Fel Flame just has an increased mana cost that forces you to give up more globals to lifetap. I've basically stopped using KjC as demo because of this, and run AV on single target fights. On Tay'ak for example; you can put those extra life taps during the few seconds he is untargetable and it is virtually no dps loss using fel flame (unless your updating a buffed corruption to a weaker state). In my gear I only am getting a 2% DPS loss replacing shadow bolt with fel flame full time, this means the dps loss from replacing it only every once in awhile is going to be very small.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-02-06 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    This very different results from what I've gotten. My results running 6minutes:

Fel Flame: 114033 dps
    Shadow Bolt: 118659

The DPCT of Shadow Bolt and Fel flame are nearly identical, Fel Flame just has an increased mana cost that forces you to give up more globals to lifetap. I've basically stopped using KjC as demo because of this, and run AV on single target fights. On Tay'ak for example; you can put those extra life taps during the few seconds he is untargetable and it is virtually no dps loss using fel flame (unless your updating a buffed corruption to a weaker state). In my gear I only am getting a 2% DPS loss replacing shadow bolt with fel flame full time, this means the dps loss from replacing it only every once in awhile is going to be very small.
    Hmm, I must have did something weird the first time but all I did was replace shadow bolt with fel flame and remove the shadow bolt cast time check from HoG and I can only get up to 111k at 10k iterations. Maybe you're using a different priority list then default? :P I hope there isn't going to be some weird "FF spam playstyle" XD sounds horrible.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-02-06 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Hmm, I must have did something weird the first time but all I did was replace shadow bolt with fel flame and remove the shadow bolt cast time check from HoG and I can only get up to 111k at 10k iterations. Maybe you're using a different priority list then default? :P I hope there isn't going to be some weird "FF spam playstyle" XD sounds horrible.
    I did not replace the shadow bolt line, I just put a fel flame line above it. Are you using the most recent version (510-9)? It still is more mana efficient to use Shadow bolt, the point is that the DPS loss from movement is very minimal and the DPS gain from AV is probably going to be greater then the DPS loss from not having KjC.