Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Really don't like that it'll just attack at random if your primary target it was summoned on dies. Very bad for any fight demanding CC, should any fight in fact demand CC... heroic Horridon perhaps.
    He didn't really go into specifics on this, and didn't necessarily say he tested it with CC'd targets around and it broke them. They do have mechanics in place to make certain existing abilities not break CC, and pets usually disable their attack if their target becomes CC'd, so I'm sure they have the tech to make it happen if it doesn't already.

Being that there is already a raid encounter in place (pre-5.2) that heavily involves CC, it's not likely they'd keep it that way even if it did work that way now.

Hopefully they do change the low health thing though, and give it avoidance, and while they're at it do it for dire beast as well. You shouldn't have to worry about the health of minions/etc. that you have no way of controlling or healing personally.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-06 at 07:14 PM.

The hunter set bonuses feel rather weak at the moment compared to my frost dk and enhance shaman. Although I think this may just be that the frost dk and enhance shaman set bonuses are too strong rather than the hunter ones too weak.

They don't attack CCed targets.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

my bet is they stay busted until 5.3 hits, then blizz will magically think they are broken even though we all know they are then make up some bullshit excuse and pretend to fix them while doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    my bet is they stay busted until 5.3 hits, then blizz will magically think they are broken even though we all know they are then make up some bullshit excuse and pretend to fix them while doing nothing.
    It's always good to have you around. I mean otherwise their would be the danger that suddenly intelligent discussions and sophisticated talk could pop up, and people would stop moaning and whining! jesus, what a horrible thought. Imagine that! That's just not what a forum is there for

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    It's always good to have you around. I mean otherwise their would be the danger that suddenly intelligent discussions and sophisticated talk could pop up, and people would stop moaning and whining! jesus, what a horrible thought. Imagine that! That's just not what a forum is there for
    yet i was right about them not fixing hunter bloat like they promised, doing nothing to really fix MM, and i will be right about this

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the "big hunter bloat" problem may be an issue for you, but that doesn't have to be for everyone else.
    I for my part have absolutly no problems with how it is currently. and blizz also maybe have it lower on their priority list.
    Just because it disturbes you, doesn't mean they're going to instantly let lose their special elite programmer squad to tackle the issue.

Also not everybody shares your opinion of MM having to be a super viable specc. I've you've played WoW the last 8 years you'd know that there where always ups and downs for all 3 speccs, they where never all 3 equally good (even if dps is similar, they have different strengths and weaknesses), and I can live with the fact that we have 2 good speccs both with usefully skills and abilities.

Remember, what you are posting are your opinions. not everybody shares them, and it gets really anoying to read the same complaints over and over and over again. We got the message, you're not happy with your hunter, no point in trying to convince everybody else to be unhappy aswell

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.. Let's get this topic back on track..

During testing today, seemed like the pet died very very easiliy. Only got 1 pull in on the boss, and the 4 set did 550kish as SV. About 2.5% of my total damage.

I've actually put him on ignore (a pretty amazing feature these forums have), he never really adds anything to any discussion and pretty much just posts to bash Blizzard. I can sympathize with him sometimes, but really it just gets old after awhile. Unfortunately he gets quoted so frequently because he's so widely disagreed with that I usually end up having to read what he says anyways...........

Has anyone posted on the official forums regarding their low health? In the set bonus thread perhaps?
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-06 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They don't attack CCed targets.
    That's good at least. Then the only major issue really seems to be how easily they die, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathon View Post
    The hunter set bonuses feel rather weak at the moment compared to my frost dk and enhance shaman. Although I think this may just be that the frost dk and enhance shaman set bonuses are too strong rather than the hunter ones too weak.
    wat

I've heard the enhancement set bonuses called many things, but "strong" has not been one of them. They're worth on the order of 1800-2400 dps, each, which is "decent," but it's probably on the lower end of t15 set bonus values, taking all specs into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That may be true, but it's not any different compared to current tier. We currently play Beast Mastery everywhere unless multi-dotting or AoE is required.
    I stay Surv, except on a few key bosses that have burn phases. I hate BM with a passion

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    wat

I've heard the enhancement set bonuses called many things, but "strong" has not been one of them. They're worth on the order of 1800-2400 dps, each, which is "decent," but it's probably on the lower end of t15 set bonus values, taking all specs into consideration.
    I still don't know if I'm a fan of setbonusses ^^ they can be very cool, but are to often mandatory.
    it where better if they where all more "decent" as you say rather then buffing all others.
    something like 5% more damage for serpent sting is just lame, but e.g. 15% more damage for KC and 6sec more Wrath are to good.
    just feels as if you're forced to get those items, and that items that are in the same slots are useless (why craft 496 hands+chest when lfr are better because of setboni)

Aren't these pets ranged? That should mitigate a lot of the dying problems, though admittedly one proccing during a stack phase is going to suck - Primordius who was tested today has one of those stack-and-split-the-damage things, I believe Jin'rokh does as well, and countless bosses have random AoEs.

What'll suck even more is if they don't move with us BECAUSE they're ranged (the warlock Imp problem before 90% AoE reduction and Flee were introduced) - so we get targeted by the boss random AOE that no one should ever get hit by, we move out, our hawk just stands there, and boom, one shotted.

From what I saw during testing today it looked like the hawks did follow you. Unfortunately it also looked as if the pets took a couple of seconds to react to my movements ( or I didn't move far enough fast enough) which means if you are moving out of something there is a chance the hawk will still get caught in it an die.