Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh my, that is one exquisite peice of sh... Technology.

The raw exposed fiberglass in the cockpit, the cloudy/misshapen plexiglass canopy, bumpy fiberglass body painted with at least thee coats of high gloss rustoleum paint... all impressive

The instrumentation is advanced though, I see a nice Kenwood touchscreen stereo and the newest Garmin navigation available! All those switches and random gauges are needed for proper super hypersonic turbothruster control. Reminds me of old Star Trek shows, and their interpretation of "advanced" controls on set pieces.

We are dumb, using expensive alloys and engineers all these years, we could have just had Bob down at the local body shop shape us some jets for a 12 pack of Budweiser. Fiberglass is light, that's all that matters, right?
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-02-06 at 09:08 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    couldn't lockheed martin make planes for iran?
    Nope, trade embargo.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh god... oh god... AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Look at that little piece of shit!

No, actually I saw a picture of it several days ago, but that was my reaction at the time.

Deleted
    They should run the fuel line directly through the cockpit, this enables quick repairs incase of damage and is also useful if the pilot gets thirsty.

The computer that controls my car has more wires than this thing. Also, why is the control stick coming through the floor like a manual trans shifter with a shift boot (that appears to be secured to the floor of the craft with duct tape) Plus, as was already mentioned: the writing on the plane is in english. Also, when they designed it was the primary direction something like: Wings! Add lots, and lots of wings! We need more wings on our planes than the Americans!

I do believe their claim that it's undetectable by radar.

Mostly because the radar is looking for things that can actually fly, and the Bondo 2000 doesn't appear to have that capability.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's hilarious. Look at the glass/plastic pilot dome for the cockpit, or whatever that is suppose to be. You can't even see through it! How is the pilot suppose to be able to see through it? It looks like it was molded by some art students.

The thing feels like two guys could literally pick it up and run away with it. So the fact they have a video of it "flying" makes it pretty obscure, it's almost as though they are trying to say its real. Which employees at any craft store could probably tell you it's not.

Not an aero expert but it looks pretty flyable to me, its design is similiar to some aircraft.

US and EU planes have incredible amounts of redundancy systems, if that plane doesnt have as many i can see it being smaller.

Nazi germany and russians afterward had some wicked plane designs are weirder than this that did work, some of them were used for the B-2 which has a shape and form that most people would laugh at if it wasnt already known its perfectly capable of flight.

[/QUOTE]

Naa bro, that dude has a suit on. Shits real

those pics make it look really bad college guy. you can see seems on the flat panels and shit. it looks like a DIY sheetrock job, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    They have stated their "new" plane is undetectable by radars.
    To that, I say: Just because their radars aren't capable of detecting MOST flight-capable objects, doesn't mean they are stealth jet fighters.
    I think it is because the plane cant get off the ground or move under its own power. No heat signature from no engine. And undetectable because it is made out of cardboard and sits in a hanger. I hope we dont waste any missiles trying to take this thing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    And furthermore, is it common to unveil an aircraft like that? I imagine when the US first created theirs, they didn't publicly come out and say they had one. They probably flew for a while before people realized what it even was, but maybe that's just my own imagination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    And furthermore, is it common to unveil an aircraft like that? I imagine when the US first created theirs, they didn't publicly come out and say they had one. They probably flew for a while before people realized what it even was, but maybe that's just my own imagination.
    Pretty common to show off "working models", they have been showing off the F-35 for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Eh, Iran kinda reminds me of North Korea, fucking idiots who like to tell the world they're dangerous.

It looks it can fly to me. Maybe just a prototype, who knows?

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Eh, Iran kinda reminds me of North Korea, fucking idiots who like to tell the world they're dangerous.
    You remind me a fox news follower.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-06 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Maybe just a prototype, who knows?
    Sure, it's a prototype of a fighterjet that can't fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I think the big difference is that Iran is a relatively capitalist country that isn't completely suppressed in the same way as North Korea, and is taken seriously as a regional power. Well that, and it's completely and totally different in almost every other way too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sure, it's a prototype of a fighterjet that can't fly.
    I am no aerospace engineer so I won't comment on whether it can fly or not but how do you know it can't fly? Just because they didn't show the world that it can fly, it doesn't mean it can't. People tend to follow "common logic" but that does not mean anything if you have no clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    they really should just turn mohammad ahmadinejad into a meme..I'm sure his western popularity will cause him to go crazy >.<

Deleted
    Folks, zoom in on the cockpit controls, apparently the top speed is 250 knots. Hardly a threat to any modern fighter......