Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I want hide chest armor options dammit!

Call it whatever you want, but it makes me kinda peeved when you see awesome characters like this:

Who blizzard themselves designs to look hardcore enough without chest armor (kind of like Conan or other barbarian type heroes), and yet the player doesn't get the option.

I don't get, given how they designed a mechanic to hide your cape and head peice, that they can't do the same for this. I'd love my shaman to look more like this:

Then trying to find something that looks like straps.

Characters like Malfurion, Illidan, Garrosh, Rexxar, Reghar Earthfury, now vol'jin, even some pandaren NPCs. I've even played other mmo's where you can have this option in your wardrobe tab like Rift or Champions online, so its obviously no issue for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd have too many naked lady elves running around everywhere. I can understand Blizzard's rationale.

There are plenty of minimal chest armors in the game if you're going for that look.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

do it for reels and be a man, unequip your chest armor. the guys did the same in your pics

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We'd have too many naked lady elves running around everywhere. I can understand Blizzard's rationale.

There are plenty of minimal chest armors in the game if you're going for that look.
    Agreed. I'd also add that there's likely a very low demand for this kind of "feature" such that it's not worth spending any resources (regardless of how minimal) on accomplishing it.

The vast vast vast majority of the playerbase is comprised of 20-something, heterosexual males. Half-naked chicks aren't something the game needs and half-naked dudes aren't something the players want. It's cool from time to time when limited to NPCs, but not something we need as a player option.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    do it for reels and be a man, unequip your chest armor. the guys did the same in your pics
    Not gonna lie... I chuckled a bit.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-06 at 10:21 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    No see, its nothing to do with sexuality, its about what looks good in terms of it. I am someone who came from reading conan comics and ke-zar and such, and those where characters who were man enough to walk around without chest armor on.

For the part about girls, thats hardly an argument since all girls in wow wear bra's. Infact the pandaren female bra is probably the most highly detailed one of them all, so its hardly an issue.

You say 'yeah but girls will walk around like that', They can do that anyway ingame and it doesn't stop them, its just as a option if making a transmogged set would look better without chest armor on.

and theres hardly an argument here since blizzard themselves designs lore characters who do walk around shirtless, or in womens case in just bra's (Queen Azshara anyone?)

10+ Year Old Account
    same here except for all armor

NAKED RAIDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You say 'yeah but girls will walk around like that', They can do that anyway ingame and it doesn't stop them, its just as a option if making a transmogged set would look better without chest armor on.
    + there are already chest armors who reveal as much than the bra does...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

So? There are chest pieces out there that are more revealing than the basic bras females wear. And they even gave us an invisible chest piece as a quest reward. Why do this and then claim that nudity is an issue? It's not.

I want to see this on my fembelf rogue, NOT to go topless, but to be able to use a pirate shirt with the rest of the pirate ensemble I assembled before they announced the invisivest would not be allowed in transmog.
    Putin khuliyo

I want an actual armor instead of metal shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No see, its nothing to do with sexuality, its about what looks good in terms of it. I am someone who came from reading conan comics and ke-zar and such, and those where characters who were man enough to walk around without chest armor on.

For the part about girls, thats hardly an argument since all girls in wow wear bra's. Infact the pandaren female bra is probably the most highly detailed one of them all, so its hardly an issue.

and theres hardly an argument here since blizzard themselves designs lore characters who do walk around shirtless, or in womens case in just bra's (Queen Azshara anyone?)
    Speaking of fem pandas, that's one reason I could support that. It'd be fun to have her in her bra and design xmogs around that. And as someone who plays 75% male toons, it would be fun to have a bare chested man running around cleaving skulls and such. However, I can see blizz doing hide shoulders before anything else.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted this for a while now, to go with my orc warlock's barbaric, gritty look. A hidden chest piece would be perfect. There's really only one chest piece that goes well with the look, and that is the Witch Doctor's Beads.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should be given the choice to turn off what ever they want. Sure you have the 15 year old boys dress there female toons like strippers but at least it gives people the choice. A rogue stealthing around with massive shoulders never made sense.
    Aye mate

You forgot to mention Captain No Shirt.

People who played vanilla know who I'm talking about :P

10+ Year Old Account
    However, I can see blizz doing hide shoulders before anything else.
    If only they would.. that'd be the day I cheer.

So many clothie outfits are ruined by dumb shoulderpads...
    What good do they do anyway ... they are made out of friggin cloth...

I agree we should have more customization on our characters, transmog was a great step forward.

So what if there would be a bunch of half naked elves, if people want to look like that, to each their own, its their character.

But i'd rather see a show/ hide tabard option first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see where OP is coming from, but it's really a non-issue compared to the list of other changes that would be far more conducive to improving the gameplay experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I see where OP is coming from, but it's really a non-issue compared to the list of other changes that would be far more conducive to improving the gameplay experience.
    Not everyone can be as bad-ass as Rexxar or Armsmaster Harlan. Although if they do implement this option, I'll only approve of it if you can tear off your chestpiece Hulk Hogan style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If only they would.. that'd be the day I cheer.

So many clothie outfits are ruined by dumb shoulderpads...
    What good do they do anyway ... they are made out of friggin cloth...
    My priest has the mooncloth robes and they really work thematically with a holy priest. And they're great without shoulders too. I agree with this one greatly.
    Putin khuliyo

Why does everyone always bring up near-naked female characters?

There's armor in the game that already looks that way :x I doubt that's a problem, and if Blizzard ever says anything like that IS a problem, then they're liars. Because a LOT of female armor is just practically armored panties and bras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So? There are chest pieces out there that are more revealing than the basic bras females wear. And they even gave us an invisible chest piece as a quest reward. Why do this and then claim that nudity is an issue? It's not.
    My post was not a "heavens! the cartoon nudity!" type of complaint. It's not an issue of prudishness or how revealing it is or anything sexual, it's about game atmosphere. Right now, yes, any character can take off their armor and run around that way, but few do outside of those people that just park in a town for... ERP or whatever. And yes, there are certainly revealing pieces of armor in the game. Some is fine, but I think Blizzard's concern would be that if people were allowed to disable particular pieces of armor, we'd have a game full of naked and half-naked characters running around. Some people might not care but many would care about immersion or game environment & atmosphere and it would be a very negative development to those people.

I think on a practical level, Blizzard allows people to turn of hats so they can recognise their character (I got nothin' for cloaks) but generally likes having their armor displayed since they've put a lot of work into it. I know this is why they haven't made a 'hide shoulders' option despite players asking for years, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was also part of the argument against other slots.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-06 at 11:29 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |