Angry Paladin Healing and "why are you dpsing you moron"

My paladin isnt very high level, only about 67. I went holy/prot to level quicker and have full pve heirlooms in both specs.

i heal with holy shock, and word of glory mostly, as nothing much else is needed. my holy shock usually covers the tanks entire health bar, but i still dont let it get that far. no one is ever below 80% health and i can handle big pulls which tanks seem to like (and so do i) at this level.

unless im stunned, feared, or otherwise unable to control my character, we are fine. more than fine. fantastic even.

so the one time i get feared and a tank dies (not the whole group, just the tank and 1 dps) and this is the first time someone has died on my watch since level 30 when i first got the healing spec...

someone is telling me im an idiot for dpsing.
    with my judgement (for selfless healer talent.
    crusaders strike (for holy power to use word of glory if i need to. i usually just use this to keep holy power UP while holy shock is on cd)
    and my white melee attacks (which has a chance to heal me when i use seal of insight)
    thats it.

Im only lvl 67....am i doing this right? im pretty sure i am. who else goes through this? it drives me nuts. raaaaaaar.
    Ruffles have ridges!....and so do Klingons.

Deleted
    Take a chill pill, some random guy said mean thing so what? Lol u don't have to take it seriously and more you don't have to spill your guts in forums, chillax

Why do you care that some random guy said something stupid to you one time?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Crusader Strike is not necessary for Holy Power, Holy Shock is short cooldown. Mana regen should not be a concern unless you are spamming Flash of Light or Holy Radiance... Since this is not about comparing talents I won't comment on Selfless Healer, but Judgements alone shouldn't attract negative attention. All the other stuff just isn't needed, and personally when I'm healing I don't wanna be in melee range.

the only suggestion i have is to not put yourself into a position where you can get feared. some mobs have the fear shout that fears anyone in range, so if you were out of range, nobody would have died. if it was a casted fear then there's nothing you could have done about that. otherwise, play how you want to play (and just fyi, tons of healers at lvl 90 now in heroics are doing awesome damage and healing the group, so don't feel like you're doing something wrong!)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CowsThatType View Post
    someone is telling me im an idiot for dpsing.
    with my judgement (for selfless healer talent.
    crusaders strike (for holy power to use word of glory if i need to. i usually just use this to keep holy power UP while holy shock is on cd)
    and my white melee attacks (which has a chance to heal me when i use seal of insight)
    thats it.

Im only lvl 67....am i doing this right? im pretty sure i am. who else goes through this? it drives me nuts. raaaaaaar.
    At your level it doesn't really matter, dpsing is more interesting that staring and full health bars and getting bored. So long as no one dies then job done. I had a heroic SM the other day with a bear tank. I dps'd the entire instance, go go denounce spam, simply because he took no damage.
    Personally I don't like selfless healer as a talent for holy, love it for ret though. The holy pally guide in the forums here is covers most of what you would want to know about spells and rotation etc.

If you're stunned, not much you can do. If you know it's coming, prepare by trying to make sure everyone is topped off, but the tank has cooldowns if you can't heal for a few seconds. Mess ups happen, people die, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Why do you care that some random guy said something stupid to you one time?
    this is why:

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Crusader Strike is not necessary for Holy Power, Holy Shock is short cooldown. Mana regen should not be a concern unless you are spamming Flash of Light or Holy Radiance... Since this is not about comparing talents I won't comment on Selfless Healer, but Judgements alone shouldn't attract negative attention. All the other stuff just isn't needed, and personally when I'm healing I don't wanna be in melee range.
    what if i AM doing something wrong. would rather fix it than be ignorant or stubborn or both!

Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    the only suggestion i have is to not put yourself into a position where you can get feared. some mobs have the fear shout that fears anyone in range, so if you were out of range, nobody would have died. if it was a casted fear then there's nothing you could have done about that. otherwise, play how you want to play (and just fyi, tons of healers at lvl 90 now in heroics are doing awesome damage and healing the group, so don't feel like you're doing something wrong!)
    thank you very much :3 i didnt even know they cast fear...its been so long since ive done BC dungeons and i had forgotten about it haha. even after that, when i got feared again, the tank and everyone else lived just fine until the fear wore off. holy radiane and everyone was full.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    At your level it doesn't really matter, dpsing is more interesting that staring and full health bars and getting bored. So long as no one dies then job done. I had a heroic SM the other day with a bear tank. I dps'd the entire instance, go go denounce spam, simply because he took no damage.
    Personally I don't like selfless healer as a talent for holy, love it for ret though. The holy pally guide in the forums here is covers most of what you would want to know about spells and rotation etc.
    I got selfless healer at 45, and i didnt have many spells then. i was using my flash of light a lot more than i know is ideal, but my mana is rediculous and i never run out :3 i do plan to change away from selfless healer when i get to be higher level. i will check out the holy pally guide then, and hope it applies to my level range. most of the time i find that its all max level stuff and i dont have half the spells i need to follow the guide

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    If you're stunned, not much you can do. If you know it's coming, prepare by trying to make sure everyone is topped off, but the tank has cooldowns if you can't heal for a few seconds. Mess ups happen, people die, not a big deal.
    i agree. not a big deal. i mainly just wanted to start this thread to encourage discussion about people being jerks for no reason. not caring what ppl think is great and all, but it still sucks. would love it if ppl werent jerks anyway

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CowsThatType View Post
    what if i AM doing something wrong. would rather fix it than be ignorant or stubborn or both!
    That's a good attitude to take. The pally guide is quite helpful in understanding why we use what spells and when. It would be worth reading over as you get closer to 75-85ish. The only thing to be careful of is listening to what people say without checking and backing it up with your own research. People are often clueless or flat wrong when they give advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    That's a good attitude to take. The pally guide is quite helpful in understanding why we use what spells and when. It would be worth reading over as you get closer to 75-85ish. The only thing to be careful of is listening to what people say without checking and backing it up with your own research. People are often clueless or flat wrong when they give advice.
    agreed. everything with a grain of salt. i remember when i had just hit max level with a priest and some guild mates were acting horrible to me because of something i was doing wrong... and later i found what i was doing posted in a guide on how to best conserve mana. it shut them up pretty quick. lol

A the end of WotLK Holy was top dps second only to Deathknights with Dat Axe, and maybe a highly skilled fire mage.

This made a lot of people upset and to this day many players still hold a grudge whenever paladins cast anything but holy light.

It made people so upset that blizzard released cataclysm with the sole intent of nerfing shockadin dps into the ground, which they did sucessfully.

Unfortunately the new talent system kind screwed up leveling as a holy paladin, in that you will find weird rotations and combos that work great at your level but that won't hold water at max.

This baddie obviously overreacted to the party's mistake, you should take great care not to do the same and just correct what you did wrong if anything at all.

Be proactive not responsive, take initiative be assertive and never miss an opportunity to put a rude player in their place. If someone says anything to you other than "good job" you tell them to "eat a dick." without hesitation and never, ever, ever get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    This made a lot of people upset and to this day many players still hold a grudge whenever paladins cast anything but holy light.
    Well obviously, if you want to dps you should be playing a DPS specialization.

I really, earnestly, think that being able to do good dps while wearing plate armor + shield and primarily fulfilling the role of a healer is pretty ridiculous.

But on topic, all I have to say is; Welcome to the dungeon finder.

You are a healer. If you cannot heal stupid, this is your fault, and yours alone. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant! Who cares if the undergeared tank pulled a room full of like 10 mobs that put a 50% damage taken debuff on them? All your fault!

Get used to telling people that they are stupid, or just queuing with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    But on topic, all I have to say is; Welcome to the dungeon finder.
    Get used to telling people that they are stupid, or just queuing with other players.
    i hate when people miss the point.