Deleted
    Middle mouse button

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Middle mouse button
    I tried that. It doesn't work.

Also, what kind of "armor" do I strive for? Pieces of armor have different base stats. Some have "armor", some have "evasion", and some have "energy shield" bonuses. Is there something specific I should be going for, based on style of play?

Deleted
    The middle mouse is mouse button three, so go for that, if it doesn't work, I don't know.

As for gear, as a ranger, assuming you're going bows, you'll want armour and/or evasion, as for ES(energy shield), not really much since you won't be really using it much compared to other builds I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I tried that. It doesn't work.

Also, what kind of "armor" do I strive for? Pieces of armor have different base stats. Some have "armor", some have "evasion", and some have "energy shield" bonuses. Is there something specific I should be going for, based on style of play?
    ATM I'm using evasion gear with Iron Reflexes( it coverts evasion to armor) on my ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, being at only level 9, I have no issue with that yet. But I really don't understand the crafting and "currency" system. I picked up a great bow, but it has the wrong colored sockets on it. But I can't change the sockets, because I don't have a Chromatic Orb. Apparently, in order to get one, you have to sell an item that has one of each color, all linked. Meaning, a one-in-a-million chance it seems. Maybe less, but you know. OR, I can BUY an item with it, THEN sell it right back. I'm sorry. This just feels really...contrived?
    The vendors sell chromatics for lesser currency as well.

There is also a vendor recipe list that mimics the Horodric cube of Diablo 2 in functionality.

And the other keybound attacks under it. But, what's the attack in between the two on the right? I can't figure that out.
    Um, middle mouse button?

You strive for the armor that is useful to your build. Any class can use any armor provided they meet the reqs.

There is pure Int, Str and Dex based gear. Hybrid Str/Int, Str/Dex and Int/Dex armor as well for builds that meet those requires of make use of those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    As for gear, as a ranger, assuming you're going bows, you'll want armour and/or evasion, as for ES(energy shield), not really much since you won't be really using it much compared to other builds I believe.
    This is incorrect advice with no bearing on actual game mechanics.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone know what gem % becomes very sought after?

I have:

Infernal Blow (9%) + Infernal Blow (+10%)
    Iron Grip (+6)
    Raise Zombie (+13) - Got an offer for 1 chaos.
    I've got a lot of replies for the raise zombie gem. Best one being 1 chaos. anyone know if this is a good trade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The melee hit of Lightning Strike is physical, each projectile is considering Lightning elemental damage. Passives to generic elemental damage, passive to Lighting damage specifically and projectile related passives effect the bolts from Lighting Strike. But not the melee physical portion.

Life Leech as a gem will draw life from all forms of damage. Life leech from items or specific passives draw life from Attacks. The latter if also true of Life on Hit passives and gem.

Life leech on Warlord's Mark only applies to the physical melee attack portion of the Lightning Strike skill. The individual bolts can not trigger life leech via Warlord's Mark as they are not physical.

The wording on skills is pretty specific in Path of Exile. There isn't much "guesswork". Things tend to work exactly as worded. And Mark words precisely.
    Actually you aren't entirely correct there, according to a post by Mark here (pathofexile. com/forum/view-thread/109237) it actually leeches, which also is the way I experienced it.

I have not experienced the bolts of LS leeching off of Warlord's Mark. Or perhaps I did not notice?

Curious.

Raise Zombie I've found to be ... well, really common, so if you can take 1 chaos for it, i'd say go for it.

Number 1 Rhox just died

Holy shit!

I just got Temporals Chains + 19 and Decoy Totem +9 off breaking pots lmao

I have not experienced the bolts of LS leeching off of Warlord's Mark. Or perhaps I did not notice?

Curious.
    I think I read somewhere that only the physical damage portion of LS will leach.

"Lightning Strike converts half of your Physical into Elemental, therefore giving you half life leech- of course Life Gain on Hit would still work perfectly"

I've got a lot of replies for the raise zombie gem. Best one being 1 chaos. anyone know if this is a good trade
    I would say, no, that is not a good deal. The Quality +13 by itself should net you quite a bit more. From what I have seen, most easily obtainable gems (quest reward gems) with a quality on top of them have been going for 1/4 to 1/3 the quality in GCP. So I would questimate that a +13 would go for at least 3-4 GCPs. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I would say, no, that is not a good deal. The Quality +13 by itself should net you quite a bit more. From what I have seen, most easily obtainable gems (quest reward gems) with a quality on top of them have been going for 1/4 to 1/3 the quality in GCP. So I would questimate that a +13 would go for at least 3-4 GCPs. I could be wrong though.
    Damn, if you're right, then I was getting low-balled by 3 people all offering 1 chaos. Some dude offered me 1 chaos and a rare 2hander for +19 Temporal Chains. I know I'm new to the trading scene, but shit, I'm not that stupid lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The vendors sell chromatics for lesser currency as well.
    Haven't seen em yet.

Um, middle mouse button?
    As mentioned above, it's not working.
    You strive for the armor that is useful to your build. Any class can use any armor provided they meet the reqs.

There is pure Int, Str and Dex based gear. Hybrid Str/Int, Str/Dex and Int/Dex armor as well for builds that meet those requires of make use of those stats.
    Right. But I'm not talking about str, int, and dex on gear. Although, given how those stats work in this game, it seems they can all be useful to all classes. I just wonder out of "armor", "energy shield" or "evasion", which is the best stat to go for, since as of right now I'm not seeing any gear with more than one of these on it.

Damn, if you're right, then I was getting low-balled by 3 people all offering 1 chaos. Some dude offered me 1 chaos and a rare 2hander for +19 Temporal Chains. I know I'm new to the trading scene, but shit, I'm not that stupid lol
    I was gonna low ball you with 3 chaos offer for the Zombie gem. But now I see you wised up. >.>

Haven't seen em yet.
    Act 2 and 3 vendors.

As mentioned above, it's not working.
    Check settings. But the middle skill is the middle mouse button by default. Might be your mouse software.

Right. But I'm not talking about str, int, and dex on gear. Although, given how those stats work in this game, it seems they can all be useful to all classes. I just wonder out of "armor", "energy shield" or "evasion", which is the best stat to go for, since as of right now I'm not seeing any gear with more than one of these on it.
    Answer is the same.

Evasion, Energy Shield and Armor are functions of Str, Int and Dex. Just as gear with Armor/Evasion, Evasion/Energy Shield and so on are directly tied to Str/Int, Dex/Int, etc.

There is no best stat to go for without knowing your build and skill choice.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 01:06 AM.

They way I see it, to get a Temporal Chains from 0 to +19, it would take 19 GCPs. To offer a chaos is a bit more than insulting. However, when you link the item, make sure you put (19%) in text with it. I have made the mistake of putting Summon Skeleton for 3 GCP and got LOLed for a few minutes, all because I forgot to put the (13%) on it (because most people won't take the time to hover over and check the quality). Once I did that, everyone settled down.

Now, if you get a rare skill gem, like Elemental Hit or Grater Multiple Projectiles, and then get a quality on top of that, then you should be making some bank. The base value of these two seem to be between 2 and 3 GCPs.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-02-07 at 01:05 AM.

I was gonna low ball you with 3 chaos offer for the Zombie gem. But now I see you wised up. >.>
    Hahhaha, I read your post a few pages back on how you make amazing deals from noobs (like me) and I've been careful since. My thinking everytime I get a supposed weak offer, "probably a long time beta tester who knows the ins and outs trying to low ball me."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    They way I see it, to get a Temporal Chains from 0 to +19, it would take 19 GCPs. To offer a chaos is a bit more than insulting. However, when you link the item, make sure you put (19%) in text with it. I have made the mistake of putting Summon Skeleton for 3 GCP and got LOLed for a few minutes, all because I forgot to put the (13%) on it (because most people won't take the time to hover over and check the quality). Once I did that, everyone settled down.

Now, if you get a rare skill gem, like Elemental Hit or Grater Multiple Projectiles, and then get a quality on top of that, then you should be making some bank. The base value of these two seem to be between 2 and 3 GCPs.
    Right, I've been doing that as well. But I just can't seem to find the right people to buy them. Had another person message me for 1 GCP for the T. chains =/
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2013-02-07 at 01:15 AM.

Oh apologises, I didn't see you're quality mentioned in the zombie gem. That's why I had thought it was a good deal, just a regular gem!

Deleted
    Could anyone tell me how reserved mana interacts with the Blood Magic passive? Will your health be reserved or do you get the aura 'free'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Could anyone tell me how reserved mana interacts with the Blood Magic passive? Will your health be reserved or do you get the aura 'free'?
    Your health gets reserved instead.

40 mana = 40 hp