Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja logging is one of the worst things people do in wow. How hard is it just to say "i'm done" and leave the group. Instead you leave 4-9-24 people sitting there wondering if you got internet problems or something. I just despise ninja loggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    You invest more into this game than just your 15 bucks each month. It also costs great deal of time, and, if you pug frequently, quite possibly part of your sanity. If someone tells me they only need one more DPS and are going to clear Vaults no problem, then are still wiping on the first boss an hour later - do you honestly think I'll stay?
    I'd rather go farm some stuff or level an alt or play something else than stay in a raid that clearly isn't going anywhere regardless of how hard they try.
    Then you just log out, instead of ninja logging.

They aren't the same thing; it seems some people are unaware of this.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    If someone tells me they only need one more DPS and are going to clear Vaults no problem, then are still wiping on the first boss an hour later - do you honestly think I'll stay?
    I had that experience yesterday, joined a pug that needed 1 more DPS thinking it would be some easy valor........

I thought i could teach the tanks how to do it, no dice, they wouldn't replace them so i gave up after just over an hour.

I don't give up on pugs easily, sometimes i wish i could, especially when i need absolutely nothing from the raid we are doing.

I've "dc'd" in the first raidguild I joined. I just pulled the plug on my internetconnection to make sure I dc'd at the same time from voicechat aswell. We were doing AQ40 at the time and I really hated this instance. That and the fact 15 of us carried the rest made me do this. I just couldn't be arsed at times. And then the endless explanation of tactics in chat... Our RL couldn't use voicechat.

You could always say:

"I'm sorry, this is taking too long. I have to go. Good luck."

Then go.

It's not like in a pug this is going to be either unexpected or something you'll be hated for.

On the other hand when I see someone DC in a pug after a few bad pulls, I'm like, "uh huh, sure," and it puts him on my mental "weasel" list.

Deleted
    Funny how no one here is ever the guy wiping a raid themselves.

Deleted
    Only when I wanted to stop playing. I usually just leave the group if it's bad.

Deleted
    I just leave. It's not like I owe anyone anything...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It's more about time. Wiping over and over is a waste of time that can be better used elsewhere.
    If you dont have time dont play.

Oh and what happend to Jaylock? ^^

Apart from the fact that I did it a couple of times in AQ40 in Vanilla, I do frown upon it.

Especially since after Vanilla I made my own guild and was very much aware when people did this. (especially since I knew how to) Before anyone says anything about that last bit - I didn't confront people about it, I just took note of it when I genuinly believed that it wasn't a regular dc. This way I could paint a nice picture of a person if this happend regularly or some other issues like normal attendance came into the picture.

In pugs I don't particularly mind. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their time. But in a guild I really frown upon it. If you want to raid, you commit yourself to it. If the raidleader decides to keep bashing the raids head, then you keep bashing. Ofcourse there is a limit to everyone's ability to keep bashing. So sometimes we would just discuss if it was pointless to continue that night on that particular boss.

Later on as my guild grew and I needed less of people below 21, the issues diminished and/or dissapeared.

But again, PUGS are free to do whatever they want. You cannot see what their real life is like, so it is best to just suck it up and hope you get a replacement soon.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never ninja-log. If I don't want to stay with a group, I just tell them why then leave. I've always hated it when people ninja-log.

I unplug the internet cable >_>
    I don't do it with guildies, just with pugs, if I see that it's impossible to beat something with our current setup.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick with 95% of the groups out there, even the ones that struggle a bit. But deliberate ignorance, stupidity born of a complete lack of concentration, dismissal of suggestions after repeated failures, a lack of such basic fundamental spatial intelligence as "don't stand in the burning shit"? Yeah, those idiots are on their own.

My time, your time, all our time is valuable. What do you do when a dog pees on the couch? You don't give him a treat, you whack him with a rolled up newspaper. Yes, rather obviously in this context the doggy treat is the time we value.

Reward others' stupidity and they'll never learn or change. And you're that many minutes closer to dying.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I'd rather leave a group than just... log off.
    seems the lesser of the two evils.

Deleted
    I think i have never ninjalogged.

Easier to say gl guys and leave party

Deleted
    Why would you log off? Can't you simply state you are leaving and leave the group? Then you can go do whatever else you want, instead of having to log off. And it saves the group from having to wait to kick you.

Perhaps the just leaving party is also what the OP meant + faking a DC or whatever. Tbh before today I never heard of the term "ninjalogging".

I have before, but it does take quite a bit to push me to that point.

Generally I don't mind taking my time in World of Warcraft, as I work from home so I can play almost 24 / 7, so if I fail a run, I can just do my dailies and come back and try later.

Deleted
    Ninja logging is for pussies. Why not just explain them the raid wasn't wat you expected and just leave?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja logging is just extremely pathetic and cowardish to do. AT LEAST leave the group on your own so that the actual people don't get the problems YOU put us up with.

If you ninja log, I despise and hate you. Just saying :/