Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This makes me sad i mean I spend so much coints on that mount, tried so much but yeah for something that doesnt excist. D: sad kitty

There's a recorded drop on Wowhead, from 2000 recorded kills
    That gives it a 0.05% drop chance

The predicted drop chance is 0.01%

Not enough kills have been submitted to Wowhead for anyone to make any kind of statistical claim, it is very likely that the mount exists but the people who have got it were not running the wowhead uploader
    Now that most people outgear Sha, the mount is the only reason to run him in the first place!

Galleon drops are even less likely to be recorded because kills are even less frequent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjammiez View Post
    woah what o-o what server are you on i HAVE to see this with my own eyes.
    Aegwynn EU (German). Alliance side obviously since Horde is empty. Not a single raiding person there, I kid you not!

Mounts do exist, they are beyond ridiculously rare though. Chances are you will be lucky to see one, and you will probably never get one unless they change the drop rates.

I actually made a twitter post @ mumper (Cory Stock) asking if they would make the mounts more reasonable from the 5.2 bosses (reasonable imo is anything from 1/250-1/100) and he said they will remain the same. Sad imo that nobody will probably ever get to lay eyes on these awesome mounts.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2013-02-07 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The Love Rocket says hi..
    In all those years I have only seen it once.. Some guy on Area 52 has it.
    I did not write down the toon name. For all I know tho, it's on Area 52, Horde side.
    You are comparing apples to oranges here. Love Rocket is only 15 attempts/year per character (I don't actually know anyone who runs that event on multiple characters) whilst Sha is killed weekly, has twice the numbers of roll (if you use coins) and almost everyone does kill it on their alts too. There are far more Sha kills combined already than there were Apothecary Trio kills together in all the years the event was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges here. Love Rocket is only 15 attempts/year per character (I don't actually know anyone who runs that event on multiple characters) whilst Sha is killed weekly, has twice the numbers of roll (if you use coins) and almost everyone does kill it on their alts too. There are far more Sha kills combined already than there were Apothecary Trio kills together in all the years the event was up.
    You can't really see it that way, as mentioned earlier wowhead can only record individual loot on those bosses for the persons who actually use the client. Which is not many. Therefor you are only ever gonna see that lootpercentage go up if any of those people actually win a mount.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    You can't really see it that way, as mentioned earlier wowhead can only record individual loot on those bosses for the persons who actually use the client. Which is not many. Therefor you are only ever gonna see that lootpercentage go up if any of those people actually win a mount.
    Noone uses wowhead's loot chances for things that rare. Furthermore, wowhead has issues with the loot of the new world bosses, since people don't actually loot their bodies. The loot gets sent into your inventory and thus, wowhead can't track the drops. That's also why it states that every other item besides the claw was looted exactly once.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    This thread combined with the official forum threads will soon reach 10 000 views. In just over 24 hours. Stop trying to deflect my question by implying that a significant portion of all wow subscribers must be exposed to these forums in order to be somehow touched by this question. I am well aware of the fact that only an absolute, miniscule minority of wow players are aware of this so far.

My question is again: How long until you believe enough people have seen it that we should reasonably expect to hear from someone who has either of the mounts?
    That isn't 10,000 unique views btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'm really interested to see what happens with this. All wowhead comments say that "My guildie/friend/random dude got the mount" with zero proof, and any posts asking for proof are downvoted to Oblivion. Plus the only screenshot of the mount is from beta.

From what I've heard, in the capped thread no one posted any sort of armory link.

Link armory or this comment doesn't mean anything.
    calm down there
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

I posted this in the wow general discussion previously:
    also I would love if a mathy person did the math to see if say 100'000 kills at .001% drop rate
    what the % chance is that one hasn't droped
    E: Oops, forgot to chance from percentages.

There's roughly a 63% chance it would have dropped at least once.
    Given this same formula, it looks like you would need around 700,000 Sha loots, that's 40 people per raid, with possibility of coin chance every week, on every server, on both factions in 4 months. After 700,000 Sha loots, there is a 99.9% chance it would've dropped at least once. This is, of course is assuming the drop rate was .001% (or 1 tenth of 1 percent) which I'm not sure exists for any item in game.

Sha has been looted millions of times, not just 700,000....

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    wowhead client does not work for the new loot system.
    look at the LFR drops from all the bosses.

I'd hate to think neither of them exist, simply because I really wanted the Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

I'll keep trying for it though, because it's not that hard to do. I'll also keep my eyes open for anyone who has either mount, because this thread has certainly piqued my interest

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I'd hate to think neither of them exist, simply because I really wanted the Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

I'll keep trying for it though, because it's not that hard to do. I'll also keep my eyes open for anyone who has either mount, because this thread has certainly piqued my interest
    Not to mention, many people in the first 25 page thread since yesterday and some in the 2nd thread (on the general discussion forums) have been asking around extremely high pop servers to see if ANYONE at all can claim they have it or know someone's char name who does have either mount. In the past 24 hours, not a single person has been able to come up with proof even after starting large discussions in trade chat on multiple servers.

edit:
    The most odd part of all of this is the fact that no CM or Blizz mod has stated that it's "working as intended" or "we're investigating" after 2 nearly capped threads on US general another on EU general, tweets to Ghostcrawler and more.
    Last edited by Solariis; 2013-02-07 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    You know, searching for bugs from incredibly complex game as wow, is not so easy task to do. It may take days to find out if there is indeed a bug with drop chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    edit:
    The most odd part of all of this is the fact that no CM or Blizz mod has stated that it's "working as intended" or "we're investigating" after 2 nearly capped threads on US general another on EU general, tweets to Ghostcrawler and more.
    Exactly. Which leads many conspiracy theorists (me included) to believe that they are probably brainstorming about how to handle the situation since they probably really screwed up the implementation of the mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never seen anyone on it either, but I also haven't had a single person linking it in raidchat saying (s)he acquired it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    There's a chance to get orb from Blingtron (read "for free").
    you certainly could... and even if you DID succeed in getting ONE... the other 3 would still cost more than 40k... the chances of getting 4 orbs FREE from Bling are probably about as high as getting the Sha mount in question...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    The Sha mount is the dragon, correct? I think I have seen it once or twice, though perhaps that was a different one.
    the mount that "drops" from sha of anger is the same model as the freebie onyx cloud serpent from shado-pan exhalted, but with dark blue lightning effects all over its' body.

never seen either, i remember back at release (like 5 hours after the expansion went live), a bunch of known idiotso n my server killed salyis' warband and spammed in general that somebody got the mount, however i suspect that was a lie if a full armoury scan of all players at max lvl reveals nothing, but yeah, i think blizz forgot to flip the switch to allow these to actually drop.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    And how did yours become fact ?
    This thread has 14k views and is 1 day old.
    World of warcraft has 10 million players, unsure how many lvl 90's...

Neither side has facts, until something offical from blizzard is said, both are just guessing... :P
    By BEING a fact? It's a FACT that no one could provide a link. ONE LINK. JUST A SINGLE.
    You're mad because your arguments crumbles before this very simple request. JUST ONE.

If you can not provide something so simple, the only ones hearing you people are yourselves.

In biology we learn something very early on genetics class. It's about the WHITE CROW. No one can say for sure there are no white crows. But no one saw a white crow too. So anyone starting a scientific project on the study of white crows would have to find a mentally ill millionaire to fund this nonsense.

It's what's happening here. You guys are trying to fund a study about the white crow.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-02-07 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There's a recorded drop on Wowhead, from 2000 recorded kills
    That gives it a 0.05% drop chance

The predicted drop chance is 0.01%

Not enough kills have been submitted to Wowhead for anyone to make any kind of statistical claim, it is very likely that the mount exists but the people who have got it were not running the wowhead uploader
    Now that most people outgear Sha, the mount is the only reason to run him in the first place!

Galleon drops are even less likely to be recorded because kills are even less frequent.
    You think wowhead is accurate when it lists every item besides the claw as a .05% drop chance, and only ever having dropped once?
    If so, you're not the sharpest crayon in the toolbox.