Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Seranthor. You are just like an extreme Christian fanatic. Ehrmagherd... prove God doesn't exist. I think it's pretty obvious that Blizzard has made a poo-poo here and forgot to "activate" the mount drops. webpages that scans armory can't find the mount, none knows anyone that has the mount, and the ones that claims to have seen it forgot to take a screenshot or don't remember their name. Climb off your 100 feet tall horse and stop being such a smartass.
    And everything you have just said is ancedotal at best, its not proof. So you resort to insults to try and bolster your claim... got it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    I think the fact that no one who actually owns either of these mounts has posted yet is fairly telling.

All it takes is one armory profile to debunk this entire thread but where is it?, with thousands of sha kills every week the drop rate would have to be so unbelievably low for the mount to be this scarce I really don't think blizzard would have done it (or even been able to do it) on purpose.

I didn't make the determination that they do or don't drop, there isn't enough evidence either way, we believe they drop because they game says they should, and don't believe they drop based on personal experience and lack of hard evidence. Game saying it should drop would be enough to simple claim they were rare if we didnt just have a similar issue with drops drops feng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    I didn't make the determination that they do or don't drop, there isn't enough evidence either way, we believe they drop because they game says they should, and don't believe they drop based on personal experience and lack of hard evidence. Game saying it should drop would be enough to simple claim they were rare if we didnt just have a similar issue with drops drops feng.
    So what you have is your opinion. I accept you hold that opinion. I have a different opinion. Regardless, its still incumbent on the OP and those that back him to disprove the evidence that exists and to provide incontrovertible evidence of the accuracy of their claim. Failing that. There is nothing other than a spectrum of opinions.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    You're right, if there hadn't have been the issue with Feng we would still just be going "RNG is RNG" but now the possibility that this could have the same issue as Feng makes everyone question it. Hooray for uncertainty.

Occam's Razor dictates that the simpler explanation is the more likely one.
    You're labelling the explanations 'complex' when they're not. That Blizzard messed up the code and the mount doesn't drop is as 'simple' as Guild Ox messing up the code and misreading those mounts. Also, more misuse of Occam's Razor. It doesn't imply that the more complex theory should be totally disregarded, but that the simpler one should be pursued. Again, theoretical scrutiny.

I like how there's so many possible bugs that might stop people from seeing it outside the game, but no possible way Blizzard might have screwed up the drop rate in game.

Oh, and all these outside bugs conveniently only affect these two mounts out of the 300+ that exist.
    Of course Blizzard might have screwed it up, what a dumb thing to say. Yet, there's as much proof for that as of any theory in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    That's a lot of numbers. Here's another one: 4. That's the number of numbers that you just made up on the spot. x = total number of realms, y = (successful average) groups per day per realm, z = number of months of Sha attempts, a = number of days for "leveling and gearing." Not one number that entered the equation was a known constant. These were combined to come up with a fifth number that is also, by extension, a complete fabrication.
    So you're saying there are not around 700 realms considering all 3 regions and that was not 4 months since Pandaria release? Oh right, I just made up those.
    Perhaps I should be ignored and instead of 230K, we should keep using the MILLIONS OF SHA KILLS again. Suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I can take a picture of me riding them as well even though I don't have them. I personally have submitted several npc screenshots on wowhead and wowdb using morphers and model viewers. Google these terms since it seems you have no idea of their existence.
    It is not proof that those on WoWhead were taken by those means. That such means exist isn't evidence that those means were used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone I know saw a bigfoot once. There is no way this person had any reason to lie about it so it must exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Oh, and all these outside bugs conveniently only affect these two mounts out of the 300+ that exist.
    Conveniently enough, these are also the only two mounts that drop exclusively via direct-deposit, and also the only mounts that drop off world bosses, so it's not like they have nothing in common or are totally ordinary in mechanics that pertain to the armory. It should be kept in mind that the armory is not the same entity as the game's data storage system, it merely draws from it.

Now we look at past precedent. How many times in the past has something been shown in official boss drop tables but had a functional drop rate of 0.0? The answer is none. No times. Now how many times has the armory screwed something up in its presentation, either major or minor? The answer is that over the course of its existence the damn thing has been broken for a greater amount of time than it has been able to work at a basic level.

Either we accept that everyone who claims to have seen people riding these mounts are either stupid or trolling, and that whatever screenshots and video exist are fabricated, OR we consider the faint possibility that the buggiest system that has ever been associated with WoW might have a small quirk or two that could maybe be bubbling out into all the websites that use it as their sole data source.

I think the fact that no one who actually owns either of these mounts has posted yet is fairly telling.
    I want to reinforce this. Think of any rare mount in the game. You know someone who is "that guy" who won it on the first try with no effort whatsoever. I saw the pink Experiment Drake drop on Ultraxion. A guildmate won it. I saw the Astral Cloud Serpent drop our first Elegon kill. A guildmate won it. I can provide armory links for both of those cases.

I consider myself a pretty serious mount collector. I stay in contact with others across other servers who are at least as crazy as I am. Some moreso. I know people who were killing Huntsman and Onyxia 10+ times per week trying to get their respective mounts. People are doing this on live servers for Sha too. Somebody would have one of these if they dropped.

But what's more; these are vanity items. They exist purely to be ridden and mount collectors love talking to each other about their latest hunts, triumphs, ect and showing off their most prized mounts. Not everyone obviously, but a lot of people would happily chime in that they have this at the chance to do so. You see it in every mount thread ever. The fact that this has never happened at all in the case of these two mounts is astoundingly suspect.

I know people are going to fire "So what! You can't PROVE anything!" at me. And that's fine. But even if we assume a horrible drop rate (like, Love Rocket caliber bad.) it -still- doesn't add up. Something is super fishy here.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    We find the golden armory page and this argument dies, everyone arguing over semantics on proof needs to go to their corner and think about what they're doing. There is currently no certainty and that is it. Done. The point we are all standing on and bickering over.

Now shut up and ask around your realm/friends and keep looking.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You're labelling the explanations 'complex' when they're not. That Blizzard messed up the code and the mount doesn't drop is as 'simple' as Guild Ox messing up the code and misreading those mounts. Also, more misuse of Occam's Razor. It doesn't imply that the more complex theory should be totally disregarded, but that the simpler one should be pursued. Again, theoretical scrutiny.
    And you don't seem to want to pursue the simpler explanation since you imagined even more complex scenarios.

Of course Blizzard might have screwed it up, what a dumb thing to say. Yet, there's as much proof for that as of any theory in here.
    There's not been a single confirmed sighting of these mounts. Just a couple screenshots, most without any names attached, no armory links, nothing concrete to show that they do exist.

This is like arguing that Santa Claus doesn't exist because nobody has ever seen him, or any evidence that he ever existed. But he might exist because we can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't exist.

It is not proof that those on WoWhead were taken by those means. That such means exist isn't evidence that those means were used.
    Neither is it proof that they were from live server. It takes one armory link to disprove the OP's theory, yet after thousands of posts, not one single person can link it.

Lots of bickering in this thread, just like the WoW forums one. Even if it did exist, the drop rate is definitely too low.

Neither is it proof that they were from live server. It takes one armory link to disprove the OP's theory, yet after thousands of posts, not one single person can link it.
    Which is exactly my point? There is no proof either way, so people jumping into the "IT MUST BE THIS" are misguided. Until Blizzard confirms/denies, everyone's in the dark.

There isn't even one thousand unique posters in this thread and the official forum threads combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So you're saying there are not around 700 realms considering all 3 regions and that was not 4 months since Pandaria release? Oh right, I just made up those.
    Perhaps I should be ignored and instead of 230K, we should keep using the MILLIONS OF SHA KILLS again. Suits you.
    Consider this your first lesson in academic rigor.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Realm_list

Start counting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Lots of bickering in this thread, just like the WoW forums one. Even if it did exist, the drop rate is definitely too low.
    Finally, something I can agree with.

Deleted
    6 to 10 million players
    Lets say 1 million of them has killed Sha or Galleon.

Lets say 1% droprate.

Thats around 10.000 mounts.

Now knowing RNG lets agree actually 2.000 got it.

Lets say 1% of them uses Wowhead addon.

Thats 20 people. Not one of them felt awesome enought to post a screenshot?

Saying that it might just not have dropped is pretty, far fetched, to say the least. Blizzard have messed things up before, such as the legendary neck dropping in MC(?), and numerous other things throught WoWs life. The way both these mounts are awarded is completely different to any other mount in the game, so the chances are that they've merely overlooked something.