Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it matters how many people they lose. We could cut the subs in half and WoW would still be doing exponentially better than most MMO's out there...
    Yep i find it rather funny people think wow will lose millions in a 3 months time frame even if mop was hated it would only be a few thousands that leave.Wow would probably still be on top even with half pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    25 million subs.

Believe.
    I'm gunna go off topic it here, but as long as Justin Bieber isn't in the equation im fine with believing.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Undoubtedly, and with no real question, there will be enough subscribers reported that I can 99.9999% guarantee that we'll all be here in another three months posting in pretty much the same sort of thread. So I'm good until then.

See ya in 3 months!

pretty much the blizz haters have been claiming Blizzard is basically 1 cancelled sub ( the haters sub usually) from going bankrupt and ending up having to shut down world of warcraft. Heard these cries for years still never an ounce of truth to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This entire topic is an exercise in futility. Haters gonna hate, fanboys gonna fanboy, and I'm gonna keep on playing regardless of the outcome. The side that guessed incorrectly will claim its a lie or a stretch of the facts and the side that is correct will use it as their evidence to why their side of the conversation finally shut the other side up when ultimately it will be the same group of people blowing the same hot steam next quarter. I wanted to use other more colorful terms than 'people' but I have some amount of control.
    I said this earlier but it amuses me to repeat it since it agrees with you: The real measure of how much this matters today is whether or not this same kind of thread is happening 90 days from now.

I'm firmly in the camp at this point that Blizzard should just stop reporting subs entirely since we never really know enough about how things changed in US/EU/China and all points east to make any sense out of anything. It's little more than bread-and-circuses at this point.

EDIT1: And then araine quotes my earlier post while I was making this one. Doh!
    EDIT2: And for those that will rush in and talk about legal obligations, while I'm certain that they must report out certain aspects of their financial results, I'm not sure that subscription numbers per se are legally required. Some business lawyer out there can correct me if they see this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-07 at 07:28 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I said this earlier but it amuses me to repeat it since it agrees with you: The real measure of how much this matters today is whether or not this same kind of thread is happening 90 days from now.

I'm firmly in the camp at this point that Blizzard should just stop reporting subs entirely since we never really know enough about how things changed in US/EU/China and all points east to make any sense out of anything. It's little more than bread-and-circuses at this point.

EDIT: And the araine quotes my earlier post while I was making this one. Doh!
    I agree with that too, MMO-Champ could stop posting them aswell, but that is up to them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

what i would really like to know is how many people are actually actively playing. subs don't mean shit to me.

i don't do nothing end-game atm but 1-60 DF queues for a healer are ridiculous in my battlegroup (as apposed to always instant during wotlk/cata) and orgrimmar/stormwind are still alt-tab-wank-fests.

people may be subbed but they ain't playin'.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    pretty much the blizz haters have been claiming Blizzard is basically 1 cancelled sub ( the haters sub usually) from going bankrupt and ending up having to shut down world of warcraft. Heard these cries for years still never an ounce of truth to them
    Whilst some of the predicted losses are somewhat over dramatic I don't see anyone suggesting that Blizzard are on the verge of bankruptcy.

10+ Year Old Account
    [ALL RIGHT GUYS IT'S GETTING DOWN TO THE FINAL FEW HOURS BEFORE IT'S REVEALED, TIME TO PUT YOUR PREDICTION IN NOW

My money is on 8.5
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Is this a game? To predict the sub numbers they put out? Can we gamble on it? What's the betting line on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And that is the response that angers a lot of people on the forum :P
    I have read this CRZ-discussion for a dozen of threads now, and all the time it's about "the bugs!".
    Maybe it would actually help a constructive discussion if people talked more about the bugs themselves.
    Ehm, I have participated in various CRZ threads, and I know Alewen from one where he or she made a constructive post including the problem with bugs. In the discussion we tried to evade the PvP argument, instead focus on the bugs (for PvP we had other threads already). Lou and behold, every once in a while someone comes to reply without reading the thread at all claiming "if you don't want PvP on a PvP server reroll" while that was totally not the argument. So I know very well Alewen discussed "these bugs".

Anyway I'll refrain from discussing CRZ here cause we have other threads for that.

Deleted
    When is this being revealed again ?

EDIT1: And then araine quotes my earlier post while I was making this one. Doh!
    EDIT2: And for those that will rush in and talk about legal obligations, while I'm certain that they must report out certain aspects of their financial results, I'm not sure that subscription numbers per se are legally required. Some business lawyer out there can correct me if they see this.
    It's true let's just remain ignorant because some of you people can't hand a fact thrown your way. People are actually calling for enforced ignorance. A Mod no less. Your welcome to your opinion of course but I can't believe you are actively calling for this.

3 hours still? Not like 1?

Ill put my bet again, 9.5M, hope its enough fro Blizzard to change this daily system crap.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    [ALL RIGHT GUYS IT'S GETTING DOWN TO THE FINAL FEW HOURS BEFORE IT'S REVEALED, TIME TO PUT YOUR PREDICTION IN NOW

My money is on 8.5
    9.8-10.3 million. That's my final answer.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

My money is on 8.5
    Cataclysm is widely regarded as the "worst" expansion yet. It managed to bleed 1 million in a quarter. Are you honestly believing that Mists will have bled more than that in the first quarter after it's launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Cataclysm is widely regarded as the "worst" expansion yet. It managed to bleed 1 million in a quarter. Are you honestly believing that Mists will have bled more than that in the first quarter after it's launch?
    plus that quarter was when D3 released & the 8-9 months of Dargon Soil also way before GW2 even released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say 8.8M. You heard it here first. Rememeber McCronCronz when I'm right.

Someone should make an intrade bet each conference call for predictions

Deleted
    9'5m q4

q1 2013...9m