Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that there is going to be a small decline is subscriber numbers. Although secretly in my heart I want to believe that WoW has gained subs since the last call.

EDIT: It was a decline after all, 9.6 million now.
    Last edited by sykke; 2013-02-07 at 09:18 PM.

I hope theres no Sha of Anonymous Internet Douchery or else we are totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with more than 9.6 million subscribers.
    Where'd you get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The number of subscriptions have nothing to do with in game mechanics.

In the new world of MMORPG's where free to play is the standard, it is already a miracle WOW has all these subs, because the rest stands at 0.000.000 subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with more than 9.6 million subscribers.
    Not bad really. It'll be like that for a long time. Gain a bit, lose a bit...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...210500510.html

Looks like 9.6 mil is the official number. What was the official figure for last quarter again?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

Looks like 9.6 mil is the official number. What was the official figure for last quarter again?
    "Over 10 million" was the most recent one. Nothing more accurate than that.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Huh. Well, me and quite a few people I know don't feel that way.

I mean, I'll be honest: at the beginning of Mists I was doing Dailies every day and nearly felt burnt out.

I stopped and now I absolutely love the expansion.

Take things in steps and phases.

No aspect of this game forces you to do ANYTHING.
    Really? It doesn'T? OKay well bring back the hard dungeons then. Anyone complains you aren't fucking forced to do them. Hell I wasn't forced to do them for raid either. I went into normal raiding with greens and blues from quests. Why is this defense so fucking common now? First of all it's extremely poor. Just because it's totally optional, doesn't mean it's not shitty and also HEAVILY INCENTIVIZED to compel you to do them. Second of all lot's of stuff is optional. Don't like PVP, well guess what it's optional. Pet battles, lfr, raiding, you NAME IT. Even your sub is. If you make content that people don't like, and then tell them they don't have to do it eventually they look around and ask what do I have left to do in this game? and furthermore as a developer why in the name of god would you want to make content, spend time and money and resources and then turn around and say don't do it guys. Obviously they want people to do fucking dailies, it's why the gear is there in the first place and it's why people feel compelled. Forum people just got hung up on the word forced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The number of subscriptions have nothing to do with in game mechanics.

In the new world of MMORPG's where free to play is the standard, it is already a miracle WOW has all these subs, because the rest stands at 0.000.000 subs.
    Subs have dived because the quality of the game has dived. Free to play games have become successful because graphics have reached a point where they don't matter. But when the next generation arrives, graphics will make F2P games far less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    "Over 10 million" was the most recent one. Nothing more accurate than that.
    So about a 400k~ (give or take) loss.

That's..not much.

Numbers are already in, they lost 400k last quarter.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Really? It doesn'T? OKay well bring back the hard dungeons then. Anyone complains you aren't fucking forced to do them. Hell I wasn't forced to do them for raid either. I went into normal raiding with greens and blues from quests. Why is this defense so fucking common now? First of all it's extremely poor. Just because it's totally optional, doesn't mean it's not shitty and also HEAVILY INCENTIVIZED to compel you to do them. Second of all lot's of stuff is optional. Don't like PVP, well guess what it's optional. Pet battles, lfr, raiding, you NAME IT. Even your sub is. If you make content that people don't like, and then tell them they don't have to do it eventually they look around and ask what do I have left to do in this game? and furthermore as a developer why in the name of god would you want to make content, spend time and money and resources and then turn around and say don't do it guys. Obviously they want people to do fucking dailies, it's why the gear is there in the first place and it's why people feel compelled. Forum people just got hung up on the word forced.
    I guess I can't really change your mind, nor can anyone else.

Ah well. Good luck to ya.

Well, i said 9.5 and it was 9.6, anyway, time for Blizzard to change some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Well, i said 9.5 and it was 9.6, anyway, time for Blizzard to change some things.
    They are in 5.2 if you've read the Patch notes.

400k is barely anything.

It's not the mass exodus that was Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

"over 10 million" was all we were told. I'm assuming it was 10.2.

- Mists of Pandaria was the #3 best-selling PC game at retail.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we know that the number has declined I foresee several people claiming that WoW is dying.

I on the other hand am enjoying the game more than ever before.

400k is barely anything.

It's also not an improvement. It's stagnation no matter how you want to spin it. I'm resubbing for 5.2. I decided whenever they get around to releasing it ill buy a month. It lines up with reading week which is good and I cannot express how awesome it is that rep is back in dungeons and raids where it belongs. I'm not happy with their whole YOU HAVE TO DO THE OLD CONTENT mind set but I guess I can live with it. It's baby steps I guess.

You know so far I haven't seen many people insist that the sub loss means wow is dying. I have seen however quite a number of cheerleaders who are making caricatures though.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

9.6 million

A loss like I said almost back to the pre Mop numbers I think the Free wow for D3 and X mas fluffed it in my opinion.

None the less over 10 million to 9.6 million is still a rather big lost

Quote Originally Posted by PriestRela View Post
    My prediction:

Lost 2million

Reasons:

-CRZ, dallies caused quits
    - General Polarazation of player base
    - Weak Xpac sales out the gate
    - Worldwide launch (a first) no asian bounce at 1st quarter bounce
    - Yearly passes are up
    - Lack of posts on official/unofficial forums meaning players gave up complaining

Hell, im just hoping the dividends are up on the stock i own.....
    You were wrong.

400k is barely anything.

Losing 400k + subs in (essentially) the quarter you release an expansion is troubling.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*