Thread: 5.2

I m not sure I m seeing how rogues will become anyway op in 5.2. I see rogue dmg in Bgs being worst and I struggle to kill anything (no arena gear), except idiots. I dont see a big up tick in our dmg to mean we can start being anything other than a slight annoyance.

I ve PvPed rogue for quite a while and this is plain awful. I dont feel confident killing anything class. A suggestions on who might benefit from my attentions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryki View Post
    I m not sure I m seeing how rogues will become anyway op in 5.2. I see rogue dmg in Bgs being worst and I struggle to kill anything (no arena gear), except idiots. I dont see a big up tick in our dmg to mean we can start being anything other than a slight annoyance.

I ve PvPed rogue for quite a while and this is plain awful. I dont feel confident killing anything class. A suggestions on who might benefit from my attentions?
    We aren't going to be OP. Some people don't know how to counter rogues.

But yeah, we're still going to be worse than before. I hope we'll get nice PvP gear, that's all what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    We aren't going to be OP. Some people don't know how to counter rogues.

But yeah, we're still going to be worse than before. I hope we'll get nice PvP gear, that's all what I want.
    Worse than before? Prep baseline, Cloak and Dagger, Marked for Death, Energy increased by 20, Recup +1% base health, better gear (we scale very well,) Deadly Throw interrupts at 3 CPs.

Please remove yourself from these forums if you think Rogues are going to be worse in 5.2. The only nerf we have is Shuriken Toss, most view it as a nerf not applying non lethals, and most wished it was unchanged.

EDIT: Marked for Death and openers will make people cry.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

I think he meant worse than before as in worse than previous expansions.

Really the only single thing rogues lack in 5.2 is survivablity. they have everything else now with the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Really the only single thing rogues lack in 5.2 is survivablity. they have everything else now with the buffs.
    Which really, I'm okay with that. Being glass cannons is fine by me.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Which really, I'm okay with that. Being glass cannons is fine by me.
    did i miss the glass canon thing? a glass canon is able to kill everyone in his way rogues are able to kill 1 person in a 1v1 situation with all CD's up
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryki View Post
    I struggle to kill anything (no arena gear)
    PvP Power and PvP Resilience is absolutely everything. I have 34% PvP Power (only 1 pvp dagger atm, the MH one is a 510 HC PvE) and mostly blue gear, 61% PvP resilience, with LOTS of room for improvement most gems are pure PvP Power, pure PvP Resil or Agi+PvP Resil. At my current gear I feel confident killing pretty much anything in BGs, WPVP, and I'm confident against everything that isn't Warr/BM hunter or Godcomp in arena. Even gone toe to toe with warriors and done more overall damage (despite getting 2 globalled in a shockwave like 5mins into the arena with feint and recoup up).

With prep being baseline and the new talent -hopefully- going live as it is, I'm going to feel really good playing the rogue in PvP. More importantly, however, all the nerfs to OTHER classes, I'm going to feel really great playing the rogue in PvP.

Multiglad with a rank1 back in TBC if it matters at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    EDIT: Marked for Death and openers will make people cry.
    people have already been crying about marked for death and rogues in 5.2. I'm actually worried [a] that this will not make it to the live [b] that it will be nerfed to the ground with a hot fix 1 or 2 weeks after the release of the 5.2 :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    Worse than before? Prep baseline, Cloak and Dagger, Marked for Death, Energy increased by 20, Recup +1% base health, better gear (we scale very well,) Deadly Throw interrupts at 3 CPs.

Please remove yourself from these forums if you think Rogues are going to be worse in 5.2. The only nerf we have is Shuriken Toss, most view it as a nerf not applying non lethals, and most wished it was unchanged.
    You just simply don't understand, I mean we're still going to be worse than in TBC/Wotlk/Cataclysm. There's no need to use these words, if you have problem with that then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I think he meant worse than before as in worse than previous expansions.
    Thank you for understanding.