Thread: [TV] Community

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looks like February 7th

It's odd, so many shows I watch have delayed premier dates this year. Is Community even going for a full season, or just half?
    Not sure if it's starting in Feb. maybe 16 episodes? reg season in US is 22-24 for broadcast tele. 16 for cable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not sure if it's starting in Feb. maybe 16 episodes? reg season in US is 22-24 for broadcast tele. 16 for cable.
    This season is only thirteen episodes long. The Halloween episode will be playing around Valentine's Day. NBC is the worst.

This show needs to combeback...Such a shame they keep delaying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods love Community Be great if everyone else did too.

I realize that it is very unofficial to say the least, but if you have a show that is rated over an 8 on imdb it should be against FCC regulations to stop picking it up.

I had no idea what was going on. This is not the first time that I have heard someone talk about how difficult it is to work with Chevy Chase.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-h...at-time,84164/

I am now officially worried about the future of the show.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-11-16 at 12:07 AM.
    I like sandwiches

can not wait for this show to come back! Even if it is only for a stinted 13-ep season. To tide me over, I'm listening to lots of Childish Gambino.

Community season 4 is airing today!

I love this show - had a marathon session to remember everything since it went on hiatus.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see what the whole angle will be with the new writers the dreamatorium / bizzaro storyline made me lose interest in the whole show, the first two seasons were awesome
    Last edited by Window; 2013-02-08 at 02:27 AM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

15+ Year Old Account
    Im really worried tbh, usually as soon as a show cuts its episodes back its already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have serious concerns. We will see how important Dan Harmon was.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Been watching all my favorite episodes prior to the season premiere tonight. Hope the show hasn't changed without Harmon. Just about to watch Remedial Chaos Theory. That episode is just amazing. For my money it is the second best episode of a show I've ever seen, behind only Through the Looking Glass, the Lost season 3 finale, which is an untouchable pinnacle of television greatness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Im really worried tbh, usually as soon as a show cuts its episodes back its already dead.
    Not really. Archer airs short seasons every season, doesn't mean much. Futurama I think technically picks up their seasons 13 episodes at a time. I think they're testing the water as it were, since so much has changed.

Can't wait to see the new episode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not really. Archer airs short seasons every season, doesn't mean much.
    Archer and many other shows like Southland have always had short seasons, keeping that up is normal. When a season is 10 episodes shorter than normal after having been postponed and delayed months with one of the key cast quitting and the showrunner being replaced - somethings wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    you say that but there was news months ago that Nbc wants at least another season after this one
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Wow.

I went into the season premiere haunted by the negative reviews I mistakenly read. Imagine my complete surprise when the premiere ended up being literally no different than any other episode. The premiere was as funny as ever... except maybe the very best of the series.
    Just goes to show how much weight preconceived notions can carry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    To be fair, usually when a show is shafted like this it's done. The pressure on NBC is what has kept it alive. If only the same attention was given to other networks so we wouldn't have to be exposed to the mouth-breather content that we're suffered thus far. Then again... who really watches network television anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    To be fair, usually when a show is shafted like this it's done. The pressure on NBC is what has kept it alive. If only the same attention was given to other networks so we wouldn't have to be exposed to the mouth-breather content that we're suffered thus far. Then again... who really watches network television anymore?
    Yeah.. I don't actually have television anymore so I get it off the internet... still a great show, even in a dieing platform
    (no commercials helps too, its is the best. Lol.)
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

Ok that episode was great and if you are a fan of the show I suggest you watch this season, because right from the get go its the same old Community while being meta at the same time.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hate to be a downer, but I didn't really like the first episode. Can't really put my finger on why, just the feeling I had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was amusing and plausible entertainment. Can't say for sure whether this is better or worse than recent seasons until a few more episodes comes along. One thing I noticed though. It went by damn fast compared to other shows I spend my time watching i.e Mad Men, Deadwood etc(obviously). 21mins just doesn't feel enough per episode, but perhaps that's just me!
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was cleverly written. Britta trying to be a psychologist, but being very amateur, gives the idea to Abed to create a "happy place". Abed creates his own sitcom. It works well because Abed stays crazy and has a new crutch, though it seems it won't last. I think that was the only problem with the episode. It was just setting up the rest of the season. Though, as it stands now, they don't have a new class to take. Which is odd.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-09 at 07:42 PM.