10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Wow, so the Giant's two big backs that won a title are both jobless right now. Interesting.

Maybe the Cowboys will pick on up to replace the always-hurt backs they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bradshaw is soon to be 27, so he's still pretty young, and he hasn't racked up a huge number of carries since he's mostly played as part of a tandem, he could still have several good years with that kind of set up again, pair him with one of the aging power backs around the league and he should be productive as usual, or he could just sign with the Jets and go completely to waste

Total wins from other AFC West teams last year: 13

Yikes. Looks like Denver will be getting the easiest schedule next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Total wins from other AFC West teams last year: 13

Yikes. Looks like Denver will be getting the easiest schedule next year.
    I think Denver is already an early-year favorite to go all the way. Get that secondary faster and keep Willis McGahee healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think Denver is already an early-year favorite to go all the way. Get that secondary faster and keep Willis McGahee healthy.
    And make sure Trindon Holliday doesn't go elsewhere. That guy is insanely valuable.

The real issue is stopping big plays with the secondary. That's how Baltimore won in the playoffs against them, and it was really their only weakness on defense. I think finding a way to move Champ Bailey to Safety and having either a younger guy or someone from free agency (Darrelle Revis please?) handle the no.1 slot. He's not fast enough to cover people like Torrey Smith anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Giants fan, I am glad Bradshaw is gone. A power back shouldn't dance around the hole, rather put his shoulder down and hit the hole hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proposing by text message and sending the ring by mail, Cutler is such a charmer Makes you wonder though, he apparently came ahead of Michael Vick in a Forbes list of most hated athletes. I mean coming ahead of someone who did time for being involved in a dog fighting ring and killing dogs, how bad must your public persona be then?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-to-me-by-text

Fuckin' love Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Proposing by text message and sending the ring by mail, Cutler is such a charmer Makes you wonder though, he apparently came ahead of Michael Vick in a Forbes list of most hated athletes. I mean coming ahead of someone who did time for being involved in a dog fighting ring and killing dogs, how bad must your public persona be then?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-to-me-by-text
    It has to be the way hes portrayed in the national media. I live in Chicago and hes generally pretty well liked here. If you listen to his weekly interviews on the Waddle and Silvy show hes pretty likeable really, hes a cool dude, he just doesnt give a shit about how he looks with body language and such so people will still hate on his demeanor more than anything I guess. I dont get why Romo is hated either, hes a pretty likeable guy as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly uninformed idiots who think it's cool to "hate" Jay Cutler and they just go along with it because they think it's the norm. It mostly stems from the media/reporters disliking him because he is usually short in interviews/press conferences, then fans read an article from some butt hurt journalist and think Jay is some terrible guy. Chicago beat writers have warmed up to him now and have learned he doesn't answer stupid questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin' love Jay Cutler.
    I remember when he was in his second season with Denver (my first season watching the NFL beyond just the SB) how he was lauded as being the best young QB and having a bright future. He's not exactly brought that to bear yet, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him do his part in a good Bears run next season tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont get why Romo is hated either, hes a pretty likeable guy as well.
    mostly the uniform he's wearing

Romo is a strange one, the media couldn't stop gushing about him when he first started playing, I hated him then, was so sick of hearing them talk about how great he was, 3 games into his career, now they hate on him and I feel bad for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    It has to be the way hes portrayed in the national media. I live in Chicago and hes generally pretty well liked here. If you listen to his weekly interviews on the Waddle and Silvy show hes pretty likeable really, hes a cool dude, he just doesnt give a shit about how he looks with body language and such so people will still hate on his demeanor more than anything I guess. I dont get why Romo is hated either, hes a pretty likeable guy as well.
    I still find it fucked up he's in the top ten most disliked athletes when the list includes several chronic cheaters in both marriage and sport, a guy who had dogs fight each other til mangled or dead, and on and off psychopath. I don't dislike or like Cutler (as a result, don't really follow him) but has he done anything so terrible I don't know about to warrant top ten?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    I still find it fucked up he's in the top ten most disliked athletes when the list includes several chronic cheaters in both marriage and sport, a guy who had dogs fight each other til mangled or dead, and on and off psychopath. I don't dislike or like Cutler (as a result, don't really follow him) but has he done anything so terrible I don't know about to warrant top ten?
    No, not one thing. Ray Lewis lies to the police about a double murder, and he's now everybody's favorite athlete. Even in the article xskarma linked the author is really trying to paint Jay as a bad guy for this proposal thing, it's like get some perspective please. He originally proposed in Cabo privately, then the broke up for a bit... got back together; I mean would you go through a whole new proposal after already having proposed? I wouldn't. The author is a moron just like much of the other media. But I know Jay cares about what people like that guy think of him as much as people like us on this board.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Cutler when he was a Bronco, but thats just because they got demolished in so many games against the Chargers, after SD couldn't buy a win against his predecessors, I think he lost all of them badly except for the one where Hochuli gave the game away, lemme look it up

48-20 loss
    41-3 loss
    23-3 loss
    39-38 fake win
    52-21 loss

with the last one blowing the division against what had been a 4-8 team, man I miss that guy, bring back Cutler! oh yea and it got Shanahan fired, which was lovely too

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked Cutler when he was a Bronco, but thats just because they got demolished in so many games against the Chargers, after SD couldn't buy a win against his predecessors, I think he lost all of them badly except for the one where Hochuli gave the game away, lemme look it up

48-20 loss
    41-3 loss
    23-3 loss
    39-38 fake win
    52-21 loss

with the last one blowing the division against what had been a 4-8 team, man I miss that guy, bring back Cutler! oh yea and it got Shanahan fired, which was lovely too
    Yeah... you want Cutler back so he can make the defense give up 40 ppg over the course of 5 games? Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I get a kick out of how Jake Plummer was benched in favor of Cutler, who proceeded to not make the playoffs and make Denver Ladanian Tomlinson's favorite stomping grounds for a few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Went to http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/ expecting there to be a photoshop of him. I wasn't disappointed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get a kick out of how Jake Plummer was benched in favor of Cutler, who proceeded to not make the playoffs and make Denver Ladanian Tomlinson's favorite stomping grounds for a few years.
    I don't get the connection between LT and Cutler? Did Jay play linebacker during those San Diego games?

Also Plummer had 11 TDs/12 INT/68 rating, hardly stats that scream "How can you bench me?" At that point in time Jay was simply better than Jake who was on his last legs.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-02-08 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats with all this serious defending of Cutler, this discussion is silly, get silly or get out!