Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blizzard has done a 180 on things they've said many times. I wouldn't be surprised if this was another one.
    Blizzard has been often accused of saying they would never do things they wound up doing, but accusers very rarely produce any evidence to prove it and when they do it's usually worded ''we have no plans at this time''.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It doesn't matter because it was still misleading.
    I like how you're no longer calling it a flat out lie anymore.

Goal posts officially moved.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I like how you're no longer calling it a flat out lie anymore.

Goal posts officially moved.
    Actually no, it still meets the definition of a lie, I was just being more polite this time.

Blizzard has been often accused of saying they would never do things they wound up doing, but accusers very rarely produce any evidence to prove it and when they do it's usually worded ''we have no plans at this time''.
    We'll see.

I'd actually prefer something completely new (assuming it's done well of course) than a spinoff of existing concepts...although as a wow player I think the time has come for a wow2 with major graphics upgrades, the game is looking dated even with the new expansion.

Actually no, it still meets the definition of a lie, I was just being more polite this time.
    The intent was misleading. The statement was true.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The intent was misleading. The statement was true.
    lie   [lahy] noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
    noun
    1.a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
    2.something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    3.an inaccurate or false statement.
    4.the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.
    verb (used without object)
    5.to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
    6.to express what is false; convey a false impression.

This is getting circluar and is derailing the thread so I'm leaving it here.

Except each individual part of the statement was true.

And this is where we get back on the topic of Titan please.

Got my fingers crossed for World of Steamcraft (steampunk) MMO. I will play in a second. If it's WODiablocraft or WOStarcraft, I will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by boxfetish View Post
    Got my fingers crossed for World of Steamcraft (steampunk) MMO. I will play in a second. If it's WODiablocraft or WOStarcraft, I will pass.
    Haha.

If it's WoW-related I'm hoping for realistic graphics aka Skyrim quality or better...steampunk would be awesome tho, not going to lie...

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    They've already said it's going to be a new IP.
    I don't understand why people keep saying it's going to be a "DIABLO, WARCRAFT, STARCRAFT, HALO MMO!".
    There is a rumour and theory going around that Blizzard using the "New IP" tag for their upcoming MMO is a bit misleading and a bit vague. They have not really defined it themselves here. I mean they are only saying it to keep people interested in the news and the MMO. I mean WoW was a new IP too for Blizzard after Warcraft.

So it isn't far fetched to think that their upcoming MMO isn't based in the Starcraft universe. It may not be set in the current timeline and that is where I feel Blizzard is playing with the words " New IP".

I mean Blizzard have done this, i.e mislead the players numerous times before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    And this is where we get back on the topic of Titan please.
    I don't really know what is with Mods on this forum or you in particular. But whenever you guys get caught out you some how feel its time to stay on topic when you are the ones actually staying off topic. I clearly remember you from the Skyrim forums and how you contradicted everything about the upcoming TES MMO but still feel like being forced to level alts. You have yet to explain or follow up what you meant and I am still waiting on your answer.

Stay on topic. If you have issues with moderators/moderation, bring it up with the moderators themselves (PM me if you'd like) or PM Sunshine/Boubouille. Forum threads are not the place for this kind of discussion. -Edge

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 05:05 PM ----------

Stay on topic. If you have issues with moderators/moderation, bring it up with the moderators themselves (PM me if you'd like) or PM Sunshine/Boubouille. Forum threads are not the place for this kind of discussion. -Edge[/QUOTE]

I am only asking you to explain what you meant.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-04 at 05:01 PM.

i think we should get less excited for titan. there are a few articles that were saying that titan is more casual focused then wow or has a broader audience then wow. well to me any game that tries to do things like this never turn out good. good games are games that try to be good not to try and get mass appeal (usually)

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    Agree. Think Starcraft would lend itself much more for a spinoff, maybe an mmo. They already had a plan in the past: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost

I think they pulled Ghost back because they wanted to expand on the idea. Make it an mmo.

Deleted
    Haha.

If it's WoW-related I'm hoping for realistic graphics aka Skyrim quality or better...steampunk would be awesome tho, not going to lie...
    WoW with realistic graphics? Nah. WoW with Skyrim graphics? What, worse than current? No thanks.

A complete graphics and engine overhaul while still retaining the WoW feel? I'm all for it, but I don't think Blizzard is doing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfetish View Post
    I hope not. WoW is already steampunk. But if it has to be, I hope there wouldn't be magic at least. Fantasy and steampunk don't really mix well in my opinion. I have nothing against Victorian age or alternate future, darker, bleaker steampunk game. But elves, dorfs, magic and steampunk just bring it too close to WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I hope not. WoW is already steampunk.
    ....gnomes and an engineering profession don't make a game steampunk.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ....gnomes and an engineering profession don't make a game steampunk.
    Steam tanks, guns, steam powered flying machines do..

WoW isn't steampunk! It's magitech!

Steam tanks, guns, steam powered flying machines do..
    The game may have steampunk elements, but it is not steampunk. There are spaceships and aliens in WoW but it's still much more fantasy than it is science fiction, right?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Steam tanks
    Gnomes and engineering
    guns
    Guns = steampunk now?
    steam powered flying machines do..
    Gnomes and engineering

If you think that WoW should be considered 'steampunk' then you should probably look at some actual steam punk. Alice: Madness Returns is more steampunk than WoW and that's not even steampunk either.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-08 at 04:32 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    I think they pulled Ghost back because they wanted to expand on the idea. Make it an mmo.
    They pulled it back because the release date kept pushed back constantly, the game was far from finished and it was designed for Xbox/PS2/Gamecube while the current generation consoles were out already.

It simply outlived it's tech cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    They pulled it back because the release date kept pushed back constantly, the game was far from finished and it was designed for Xbox/PS2/Gamecube while the current generation consoles were out already.

It simply outlived it's tech cycle.
    Didn't it also go through two different development studios?

Not that I mourn the loss of the game since Nova turned out to be a terrible character.