OK 493 ilvl and low dps

Not when we start the fight then i have 90k-100k , depends on boss even more but after in the middle of the fight i go down at 70-75k ,my ilvl is 493
    i read every forums about rotation gear/i used mr robot aswell...with him even less dps
    please some help
    I can't post my armory but my name is slashnuke-frostwisper EU (H)

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you are better off using twist of fate over divine insight in almost every situation as shadow. nearly all bosses have a mechanic that allow you to get some uptime out out of it during non execute phases (adds on sha of fear, adds on empress, adds on windlord, legs on gara, shield phase on feng, soul room on garaj, mini execut on kings, orbs and adds on elegon, adds on will, mini on each protector in toes,, lesh adds, some uptime coming out tsulong night phase).

Also the haste break point is 8085, your sitting at 8048. You want to be as close as you can, without going UNDER the break point. So changing some reforges so you go above that magic number should give you some dps.You could also use a quick gem over a reckless for one of your yellow slots.

It is hard to give anymore information without some logs. Perhaps a better spriest could give some advice based off your gearing.

A note on utility, using glyph of mass dispel can really help out a healer on fights where they are on the wrong end of the mana battle. Looks like you will be pushing tsulong soon, and being able to MD the fear off healers during day phase can be a real help.

Haste breakepoint for goblins is 7584. So get as close to that as possible witout going under.
    it looks as though you also sit on a bit soo much hit/spirit(5100). Same prinsiple whit this one.
    Also you have way too much mastery. After haste and hit capp is reachd, specc the rest into crit. Id sudgest downloading reforge lite and configure it to shadow priest with haste capp..
    To say more i would like to see some loggs.

Edit: your mastery seems fine in heinsight, dident see that you where disc atm..:P
    Last edited by arleni1988; 2013-02-08 at 08:35 AM.

ya i was disc for LFR

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 11:32 AM ----------

did reforges with reforge lite and now o have 9000 haste...-_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slashnuke View Post
    ya i was disc for LFR

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 11:32 AM ----------

did reforges with reforge lite and now o have 9000 haste...-_-
    Haste is actually still good after the breakpoint so don't worry about going over a little. It's NOT the same as hit as mentioned above, because hit is a cap in the literal sense i.e. hit past the cap is useless whereas haste past the breakpoint is still a dps gain. This does make a difference when you're reforging, since you shouldn't be reforging into mastery to get rid of haste for example even past the breakpoint (although some would argue it dips below mastery too after breakpoint, but that's another discussion....)

Dude, i said to configure it to hold a haste capp.. that need to be punchd in manualy, also, always duble check the calculated stat numbers before actually reforging..:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arleni1988 View Post
    Dude, i said to configure it to hold a haste capp.. that need to be punchd in manualy, also, always duble check the calculated stat numbers before actually reforging..:P
    This is incorrect, see my above post. There is no haste cap.

all sites says there is a breakpoint...

Deleted
    all sites says there is a breakpoint...

there is a breakpoint...

breakpoint...
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    There is no haste cap.
    See the difference?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stiglet is correct; as he mentioned, a cap means that any additional rating past that number is USELESS (i.e. 15.10% hit rating, that .10% is wasted, and has no value whatsoever). On the other hand, a breakpoint means that past that particular number, that stat has a lower "stat weight" than it does before reaching it (for normal races, haste above the 8085 breakpoint is STILL USEFUL, but crit becomes marginally better) unless you're aiming for the next breakpoint, in which case you should stack haste all the way (I don't know the next breakpoint, read somewhere it was on the +10500- range) which should be achievable in this new tier without gimping your gear in the process.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    The reason the distinction is so important is that if you treat haste as a "cap", you will end up reforging excess haste into all other stats. Whilst this might be correct for crit, it is not correct for mastery, assuming haste is still better.

Haste still has a pp value over 8085. This means that it should not be ignored, you should still reforge into haste from mastery.

Example:

You are hit capped. You have over 8085 haste. You then get a new piece of gear which has haste and crit on it. Do you reforge the haste into mastery? No, you keep it as it is.

Deleted
    Reforge lite can be configured for breakpoints - when you put the target haste amount in there's a weight after cap, if you set it non-zero then it works as a breakpoint (i.e. new weight above breakpoint) rather than a cap (i.e. zero weight above cap).

I did a quick sim, for me passing 8085 haste makes little difference, the big bump is at 8064 (the DP extra tick); I gain around 1000 dps from that, while the 8085 breakpoint is worth more like 100. There's also a 600 dps jump around 7700 haste that I'm not sure of the cause of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Reforge lite can be configured for breakpoints - when you put the target haste amount in there's a weight after cap, if you set it non-zero then it works as a breakpoint (i.e. new weight above breakpoint) rather than a cap (i.e. zero weight above cap).

I did a quick sim, for me passing 8085 haste makes little difference, the big bump is at 8064 (the DP extra tick); I gain around 1000 dps from that, while the 8085 breakpoint is worth more like 100. There's also a 600 dps jump around 7700 haste that I'm not sure of the cause of.
    Reforgelite is really customizable, you can do all sorts with it. I use it for my reforges and it generally gets it right

DP extra tick is quite a good boost because that's an extra tick you don't see otherwise, unlike SW: Smiley and VT which are refreshed anyway; you just save a GCD every so often.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:56 PM ----------

Not when we start the fight then i have 90k-100k , depends on boss even more but after in the middle of the fight i go down at 70-75k ,my ilvl is 493
    i read every forums about rotation gear/i used mr robot aswell...with him even less dps
    please some help
    I can't post my armory but my name is slashnuke-frostwisper EU (H)
    Couple of things to check which are easy boosts to dps:

Check your dot uptime

Check how many mind blasts you had during the fight, and compare this to the absolute maximum you could have had. Every Spriest I have seen with low dps is often caused because they are not casting mind blast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

Whilst the above discussion about reforging and stats, etc, is useful, that kind of stuff will only really make minimal differences to your dps. Most important is the player sitting behind the keyboard
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-02-08 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Reforgelite is really customizable, you can do all sorts with it. I use it for my reforges and it generally gets it right
    Likewise.

DP extra tick is quite a good boost because that's an extra tick you don't see otherwise, unlike SW: Smiley and VT which are refreshed anyway; you just save a GCD every so often.
    Yeah, just mentioned it as people get very hung up on 8085, when the real breakpoint is 8064.

I'm not sure if it makes much difference but I do have 4 piece tier bonus so that might devalue the 8085 point a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Likewise.

Yeah, just mentioned it as people get very hung up on 8085, when the real breakpoint is 8064.

I'm not sure if it makes much difference but I do have 4 piece tier bonus so that might devalue the 8085 point a little.
    It effectively swaps VT with SW: P. So now the breakpoint you see at 8085 is actually swapped to another dot.

Still though, the main benefit is DP as you say.