Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Haha, that's awesome. I thought it had been removed during the beta. Guess not!

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I did not know this, but I think it's funny.
    Holy crap, the dinosaur turned blue! Congrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, theres pretty much an algorithm for other langues. For instance, all 4 letter words spoken by themselves in the Tauren language comes out as Shne. No matter what is said, as long as its 4 letters, and is spoken by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but that's pretty lame. Other races got a dedicatd language, and Pandaren got... fat joke language. And Blizzard isn't sure why subs declined a tad and people aren't taking this expansion (and all of its additions) seriously.
    I'm sure that not even ONE person cancelled their sub because of the funny Pandaren language. Most people don't even know about it at all.

This is an important issue!

i thought it was a beta thing. like varian wrynn saying "hayy guurrll" to new female panda players after picking stormwind as your faction

Blizzard does not take WoW as seriously as they did 6 years ago, there is a whole new crop of Devs now, who have a different attitude about the game.
    They do listen to the players, but yeah the time to bring this up would have been during Beta. At this point it would take a large number of vocal players to get their attention, which of course would cause the trolls and others who actually like the "om nom" to show up and it would be a mess on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this omnomnom thing about the Pandaren. It makes me smile

God that's awful, ugh.
    Twas brillig

For the longest time I saw people RPing dwarfs, and for whatever reason 5 letter words come out as "Angor", I kept seeing that while keeping in mind there was a place in the Badlands called Angor Fortress. One day I bothered a rper asking what they said in dwarven, not sure if he was serious because I'd never know what he actually said, because it came out as Angor, they said in response to someone that they said "balls". Now in my mind, for whatever reason, I thought actual words came out as certain words in a different in-game language, so I put Angor and Balls together. I can't pass Angor Fortress anymore without hearing Balls Fortress in my head.

With that odd story out of the way, yes the Pandaren language is really offputting and childish. I've seen quite a few RP groups with pandas, and all I imagine is a bunch of panda bears eating, instead of talking. -.-
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    So gnomes, dwarves, and big talking cows are not childish? I really do not get the whole fuss about panda bears

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know this was the case, but it's pretty freakin' awesome!

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen it yet, which I'm happy about as this sucks balls. I mean, the only time a racial language is used is to annoy other races or to RP. Annoying it is, which greatly reduces the fun in it for RP...

Deleted
    blizzard has a sense of humour. Unlike some ppl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    So gnomes, dwarves, and big talking cows are not childish? I really do not get the whole fuss about panda bears
    Gnomes certainly are. Never took them serious, always preferred to invite non-gnomes to my groups.

So a race full of fat drunkards don't talk the way they "should" and it is affecting RP?

Not sure that this is a gamebreaker and unlikely that amongst the top 100 things to fix in wow, this will even break in to the top 500.

Just don't RP with bears.

/fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Panda 1: "Oom Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom?"
    Panda 2: "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!"
    Panda 1: "NOM NOM NOM, nomnomnomn"
    Panda 2: "Ooooom nom nom nom"

This, is by far one of the most annoying things currently in wow for me ... as an rper, seeing this joke played on by blizzard with there racial language barrier, if any perpetuation of what is childish about pandaren was ever present, its this it.
    Biggest joke to an RP'er!!? Let me remind you the Tauren Paladins, NE Mages and Undead Hunters
    *Flies Away*

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a complaint about pandaren being childish, infact I love the pandaren lore and there theme and pandaria as a landscape and there culture. It just gets turned up somewhat when I come across a group of pandaren rping together, and all you see is OOM NOM NOM NOM NOM. NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaria View Post
    Biggest joke to an RP'er!!? Let me remind you the Tauren Paladins, NE Mages and Undead Hunters
    *Flies Away*
    Gnome Mages, Blood Elf Warriors, Worgen/Goblin DKs.... the list goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Om nom noom nom nom, nom omnom nomnom om om nom om
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is simply AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Om nom noom nom nom, nom omnom nomnom om om nom om
    Om nom nom nom, nom nomnomnom. Nom om nom nom!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.