Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else experiencing bots in scenarios?

It could just be me and bad luck, but over the past 2 weeks or so I've been experiencing frequent bots when I que for random scenarios. The bots will simply /follow or if mounts are available in the scenario they will mount first then /follow. This has become extremely frustrating because these bots are damn near impossible to kick due to time limit kick restrictions or come in rare cases the bots will come in packs of two. Of course I could simply drop the group, but some scenarios are so short that even soloing them in 14-15 minutes is preferable to dropping the group since you will be locked from queing again for at least that long.

I've reported the bots I've come across, but still I was wondering if this is something that has been catching on elsewhere.

I've never seen a bot in a scenario, or at least have never recognized one. I'm pretty certain the people that stand in the lightning bolts are all fully manned and operational.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not seen a single one, no, but it doesn't surprise me. With the speed of a scenario it can be a quick way to get some JP and VP, plus gold.

Deleted
    Quick? Scenarios are by far the slowest way to get VP. Considering more often than not you end up with 3 DPS classes, no one tanks, no one heals. Most of the time in there is spent by eating.

/follow bots are easy to get killed. there are alot of bots running in scenario. but some acualy fight like a normal person.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, sometimes i even think there are dps bots in heroics and LFR ><
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I havent seen bots in scenarios yet, but I just saw what i think was a bot in a dungeon run last night tanking (or trying to), constantly looks like he's glitching through walls, pulling every mob in the place even going way out of the normal route to pull far off packs, with no care to what his HP is sitting at, nor the state the others in the group are. not using any defensive abilities not using taunts. needless to say it was a nightmare group. I hope this won't become the *norm* like how it is in BG's..
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-02-08 at 05:22 PM.

I haven't seen a bot in a scenario, but sounds like it would be fun to mess with them. Think of it as a puzzle scenario where you see how often you can make the bot die.

The most recent offenders i've come across was a few days ago when I did A Brewing Storm. I had 2 bots in there with me that were set up to follow, occasionally self heal, and tab target attack with spells. After it became clear that I couldn't do anything to get rid of them with a vote kick and that as dps I could still solo the place in short order I decided to have them both /follow me off one of the cliffs. Afterwhich they ended up rezzing first and /following eachother allowing me to continue without them. They remained unmoving at the rezzing location and as soon as I completed the scenario (which I can only assume they still got credit for) they dropped group.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Quick? Scenarios are by far the slowest way to get VP. Considering more often than not you end up with 3 DPS classes, no one tanks, no one heals. Most of the time in there is spent by eating.
    Unless you are really undergeared though, you never have to stop and eat, even with 3 dps. I personally have never seen any bots in scenarios but I have seen dual boxers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I havent seen bots in scenarios yet, but I just saw what i think was a bot in a dungeon run last night tanking (or trying to), constantly looks like he's glitching through walls, pulling every mob in the place even going way out of the normal route to pull far off packs, with no care to what his HP is sitting at, nor the state the others in the group are. not using any defensive abilities not using taunts. needless to say it was a nightmare group. I hope this won't become the *norm* like how it is in BG's..
    Well I hope it will. Because it is going to force Blizzard to finally do something. Apparently based on battlegrounds alone there is no need completly ignoring how they ruin battlegrounds and drive players away and the people using them are punished with a 3 hour ban at worst. If bots now truly expand into Scenarios, Dungeons and hopefully LFR soon it is going to become unbearable not just for a small part of the community but for everyone on the long run.

This would force Blizzard to finally hand out some real punishment instead of a slap on the wirst because it is "just" random battlegrounds and farming materials out in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Unless you are really undergeared though, you never have to stop and eat, even with 3 dps. I personally have never seen any bots in scenarios but I have seen dual boxers.
    A mage or priest can't tank those mobs for long. More often than not, mobs gang up on you and shred you into pieces if you don't run away. That's with 480+ gear. I've even seen 505 geared people die there.
    I avoid scenarios for that reason, unless I'm sure to have a tank or a warlock with a tanking pet in the group.

Deleted
    Why pay for a game when you have a bot to do everything... Fishing, mining, farming honor and now JP too?... I hope they won't overtake WoW like the hackers did with warrock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    A mage or priest can't tank those mobs for long. More often than not, mobs gang up on you and shred you into pieces if you don't run away. That's with 480+ gear. I've even seen 505 geared people die there.
    I avoid scenarios for that reason, unless I'm sure to have a tank or a warlock with a tanking pet in the group.

speak for yourself. as a priest I can quite happily solo all of the scenarios. I actually got annoyed when I had a healer in the group since it just meant stuff died slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    speak for yourself. as a priest I can quite happily solo all of the scenarios. I actually got annoyed when I had a healer in the group since it just meant stuff died slower.
    Boomkin here, my off heals are more than enough for any scenario I've been in. On topic, haven't seen a scenario bot yet, but I don't do them often.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Well I hope it will. Because it is going to force Blizzard to finally do something. Apparently based on battlegrounds alone there is no need completly ignoring how they ruin battlegrounds and drive players away and the people using them are punished with a 3 hour ban at worst. If bots now truly expand into Scenarios, Dungeons and hopefully LFR soon it is going to become unbearable not just for a small part of the community but for everyone on the long run.

This would force Blizzard to finally hand out some real punishment instead of a slap on the wirst because it is "just" random battlegrounds and farming materials out in the world.

hate to break it to you, bots have been in dungeons for some time, even as tanks.
    in LFR and you'd never notice, as its all go go go... and as you know in BGS and yes scenario's.

There is new bots, well they are not so new now, that are tailored specificly for dungeons. Just google and learn.

Blizz wont do much, they never have on farm bots, mass bans are a joke and are every 3-6 mths, and you notice its only weeks before its back to same cycle again ?

Its all about extra $$ and more sub fee's. And no dont buy into the crap about them being from stole cc's/ just read bot sites yourself.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    hate to break it to you, bots have been in dungeons for some time, even as tanks.
    in LFR and you'd never notice, as its all go go go... and as you know in BGS and yes scenario's.

There is new bots, well they are not so new now, that are tailored specificly for dungeons. Just google and learn.

Blizz wont do much, they never have on farm bots, mass bans are a joke and are every 3-6 mths, and you notice its only weeks before its back to same cycle again ?

Its all about extra $$ and more sub fee's. And no dont buy into the crap about them being from stole cc's/ just read bot sites yourself.

Any proof? I call BS on this one.

Could be. I sometimes get some dps in dungeons and LFR that just follow people and literally do nothing. Probably bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any bots, but I don't do super a lot of scenarios. It is kinda weird if people bot them at all, since you can pretty much just join and afk and avoid getting kicked (because those people I do see often).

I see what I suspect was a bot in LFR yesterday - an elemental shaman, standing way off to the side, that kept dropping Healing Rain on cooldown just themselves when they were at full health. I don't know why someone would give a bot that behaviour but that makes even less sense to me than a conscious person making that decision.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Scenarios are very good for VP

all classes have decent self healing...
    Just consider that usually its more efficient to use the traditional leveling/farming build/spec than the usual Max raid dps!

on topic... seen no bots. Maybe in LFR... Sometimes even i think of macroing my abilities to my mouse... LFR its just so boring to do...