Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    RAAAAAWR RAGE MOAR RAGE!!!

You mean something new like:
    LFR, CRZ, Pet Battles, Scenario's?

Last time I checked there were more than enough good villains and stories.
    But I like the hypocrisy in your post :')
    "Blizzard, do new stuff! It doesn't matter if people dislike it." and "Blizzard, your new stuff sucks! You should care about my opinion"
    Did you actually read your post before you posted it?
    Pet battles- pokemon (nothing new)
    LFR- easier access of raids (nothing new)
    CRZ- How did this change anything significantly? All it did was add players to a few zones so more 90s could grief lowbies...
    Scenarios- dungeons that take place outside (nothing new)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    CRZ- How did this change anything significantly? All it did was add players to a few zones so more 90s could grief lowbies...
    If adding something to an MMO that no one has ever done before, but has been done in another game, then nothing will ever be new. Anything you can come up with, has been done in one game or another. So, what do you expect exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    But none of this is Blizzard's fault, blame Activisition for the terrible game design, they made Call of Duty, a game that has used the same engine for 4-5 years.

Would it kill YOU to try new things? Clearly you're not satisfied with WoW.

What was the context of the original post that mentioned 'treasure hunting' as innovative and never seen before? Are we talking about archaeology...? Plenty of games have had quests or features where you looked for items. If we're talking about just randomly finding stuff on the ground, that's practically any RPG where you find items from chests or herbs. If you're talking about actual locating and digging for treasure, the best example I can think of is Heroes of Might and Magic, where you had to find multiple obelisks to reveal a map, figure out which location matched the picture, run over and spend a turn digging for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    If adding something to an MMO that no one has ever done before, but has been done in another game, then nothing will ever be new. Anything you can come up with, has been done in one game or another. So, what do you expect exactly?
    Yes, most good ideas have been taken, that is no excuse for blatantly ripping off other games though... at least they should add their own twist...

talking about pokemo.. I MEAN PET BATTLE!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    WHAT

EVER.

4 expansions and 90% of new content gets finished in a month, followed by 3-4 months of grinding static bosses which have no effect on the world itself and offer no sense of danger to the player.

WHAT.

EVER.

People like you probably defended tape casettes because CDs and DVDs meant re-buying all your collection.

WHAT.

EVER!!
    How old are you again?

Yes, most good ideas have been taken, that is no excuse for blatantly ripping off other games though... at least they should add their own twist...
    Do you fight birds and marmots off your farms in Farmville, too? Another reason why I'm glad I don't use FB. LOL

Deleted
    I love how the OP wants "new things" yet says we should go back to ye olde school just wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I love how the OP wants "new things" yet says we should go back the ye olde school just wtf...
    Ever read mmorpg.com or any of the other general MMO boards? That's pretty much the prevailing attitude. "Current games are all rehased and lack innovation. They need to return to old mechanics that were in EQ/UO."

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I (and many others who know good design when they see it) would like to see-
    Alterac Valley restored to it's former glory
    The world being dynamic.. example: "Hogger has gathered an army of gnolls and is preparing an attack on Stormwind!" "The black dragonflight is on their way to Orgrimmar to seek revenge for the death of Deathwing!"

Feel free to add your own ideas to the list
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-02-08 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    What was the context of the original post that mentioned 'treasure hunting' as innovative and never seen before? Are we talking about archaeology...? Plenty of games have had quests or features where you looked for items. If we're talking about just randomly finding stuff on the ground, that's practically any RPG where you find items from chests or herbs. If you're talking about actual locating and digging for treasure, the best example I can think of is Heroes of Might and Magic, where you had to find multiple obelisks to reveal a map, figure out which location matched the picture, run over and spend a turn digging for it.
    The context was that OP was complaining about how Blizzard never tried anything new.
    The point was that blizzard does try new things, like treasures to be found by exploring, something which wasn't previously in the game.
    The point wasn't that it's something that's never been done before in the game industry.

Things I (and many others who know good design when they see it) would like to see-
    Alterac Valley restored to it's former glory
    The world being dynamic.. example: "Hogger has gathered an army of gnolls and is preparing an attack on Stormwind!"

Feel free to add your own ideas to the list
    Yeah bro, I know good design when I see it.
    Killing Hogger and his army of gnolls is going to be so much fun after the sixth or seventh time he gathers an army of gnolls and prepares an attack on Stormwind.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-02-08 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So because you don't enjoy the new things you think that they cannot possibly be new? I wasn't aware being universally liked was a prerequisite for something being new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Just because something doesn't completely succeed doesn't mean there isn't a lesson to be learned from it. You can bake a cake perfectly but add Worcestershire sauce to it so that no one that eats it will stick around and eat more, but it doesn't mean that the sugar, flour, and other ingredients were bad too. Everyone eventually gets tired of eating the same food year after year, There really is no excuse for no real innovation from a company as big as Blizzard, when even small-time businesses and game developers are constantly creating new and interesting things... Like Tourrettes Quest for example.
    But true innovation will not generally happen in an existing product. The risk is too great, as not only to you have to design something that will be successful, but also successful enough that the existing customers (the ones pleased with the product they already have) whose business you lose because they are not happy with the changes you made are offset by the new bushiness gained. Yes, it can happen. But it is very rare. Partly because large publicly traded companies are highly adverse to such a level of risk, because shareholders like stability almost as much as growth. Small companies, which are more likely to be privately held, have more freedom in that regard which is why you are more likely to see truly innovative designs coming from that sector.

What is less risky is developing a new product in which to incorporate your innovative design ideas. I feel Titan will fill this role for Blizzard, becoming their test bed for whatever they feel the next evolution of MMO gaming will be.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    The context was that OP was complaining about how Blizzard never tried anything new.
    The point was that blizzard does try new things, like treasures to be found by exploring, something which wasn't previously in the game.
    The point wasn't that it's something that's never been done before in the game industry.

Yeah bro, I know good design when I see it.
    Killing Hogger and his army of gnolls is going to be so much fun after the sixth or seventh time he gathers an army of gnolls and prepares an attack on Stormwind.
    Would more than 100 events (each different, and only happen once a year) be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Ah, thank you - I see the original post now, I had only seen the one at the top by the mod and couldn't find the post where it came from, so I was slightly confused.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not entirely convinced the OP isn't trolling.

On the off chance that they're completely serious, however, I'll just say I've been playing since very nearly day one and still have not done everything there is to do in the game (despite playing a moderate amount weekly (20 hours-ish)) and, while I've tried nearly every other MMO out there, none of them have thus far held a candle to the variety, depth and enjoyment I derive from this game.

Also, being "innovative" is more than just saying "there should be Naval battles!". There is a lot of "Okay, how is this implemented/regulated/accomplished?" in-between an idea and an innovation. They've made many, many gradual changes since WoW was first released (as well as more than a few rather largish ones, not least the entire revamp of 1-60 zones), and while these may not be the grand, sweeping design revamps you're screaming for, I've got three words that should drive the point home on why these overhauls aren't necessarily a great idea:

Star Wars Galaxies.

You have only to utter another three words--New Game Experience--to any former fan of that MMO and watch/read their reaction to see how well that turned out.

I can understand wanting them to add new things to the game, and they are. Quite a lot, really. If none of those things appeal to you then I would consider dropping the sub for a while until they add something that does. I can assure you there are quite a few of us who, despite your low and quite frankly insultingly biased opinion, are liking things well enough as they are. Good day!

The OP's plea has softened the stone hearts of the devs. Some of them wept openly. The next expansion's entire concept has been thrown out and replaced with:

World of Warkart

The Burning Legion returns and challenges the Alliance and Horde to a world-spanning go-kart death match tournament. Old hatreds are set aside to join forces against this unstoppable juggernaut at whiteknuckle speeds in excess of 20 miles per hour! Go-kart tracks will be added to every old world, Outland, Northrend and Pandarian zone. Mount physics will be reworked to allow for drifting and stunts! Thrill to mounted combat, launching fireballs and arrows and swinging colossal weapons to make the demonic hordes spin around and go owowowowow. Defeat and add to your roster fearsome enemies of Azeroth, including Queen Azshara, N'zoth, Kil'jaeden, and Dry Illidan! As mighty infernals crash down around you, challenge the Lord of the Burning Legion himself, Sargeras, to match you turn for turn.

Prepare yourselves. The World of Warcraft will never be the same again.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually been a long time since I've felt the need to put someone on my ignore list. OP, thanks for ruining that streak. : /

Show me a game in any genre that really is "innovative" anymore. You can look at any game in the last three years and take it's systems and say "that's similar/exactly like X".

Innovation nowadays is taking systems and making them better. I'll be perfectly honest, I am a Pokemon fan and I think pet battles are a better version of Pokemon. I like Marvel Heroes (I am a beta tester), which has open world bosses, and I think WoW's new world boss design is better than that, and certainly better than the old systems they've used. I like Diablo 3, and I think WoW's talents and glyphs system is an improvement to D3's.

WoW is innovative in this day and age of gaming. Nobody can really make things fresh or new anymore. Not until someone comes out with a game that is played without a controller or a motion sensor, but with a VR helmet attaching nodes to your brain so that what you think is what you do. Which we've seen tons of times in various sci-fi shows. As I stated, I am a beta tester of Marvel Heroes, and to put it in a nutshell it's an easier version of D2 with superheroes. It's certainly not innovative in the sense that it's a dynamically radical design, but it does have features that are different from those styles of games that make it unique in it's genre. Just like WoW.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Lose 7 million players? So what, WoW did fine its first years with only 1-2 million.
    Did you really just say this? People these days have no concept of numbers. Never run a business. Ever. You will be broke and in debt wiyhin a week... Keeping 7M players and losing the insatiable .0001% of players, like you is a loss they can handle...