Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's also bad game design to gate desirable activities behind hundreds of hours of non-desirable activities. If PvP equalized gear, all those BG bots grinding honor would disappear and PvP would be more balanced.
    There is a need, yes. But this need is by the player wanting to be better at his/her field (pve/pvp). Blizzard offers the chances of getting gear by doing so, so you can advance and become better. No one, and I mean no one should expect getting everything they want. You have to work to be worth something.

And sadly, many players can't help the patience to do so, they should go play a different game where they hand everything to you as a gift for picking them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Of course not, you ghoul. Who would do such a thing? I just had my little brother play for me. For 48 hours non-stop. Doing BG after BG and mining every node. Yeah... that's it. My "little brother."

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have, never will.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is a need, yes. But this need is by the player wanting to be better at his/her field (pve/pvp). Blizzard offers the chances of getting gear by doing so, so you can advance and become better. No one, and I mean no one should expect getting everything they want. You have to work to be worth something.

And sadly, many players can't help the patience to do so, they should go play a different game where they hand everything to you as a gift for picking them.
    It's not about patience, it's about fun. Tell me how it's fun going fresh into a BG and getting rolled because of a massive gear differential. Can you really blame people for wanting to skip weeks of that? It's just a bar to fill before they can have fun.

Compare that with PvE. You can go into dungeons and raids and be effective (have fun) instantly or within a few hours of hitting max level.

I used to bot fishing for raid food. Never did any of the bullshit where botters flood the AH with cheap crap and fuck the markets. When I did bot I usually just did something else around the house and checked in every few minutes.

Deleted
    Botting people are scum and should be banned, thus I never used one.

I used a bot once in TBC for a few nights. Deleted it after that and haven't thought of botting since.

nope, and never will be using a bot.

Yes I have botted...but never in WoW. I've tried a multitude of F2Ps and some had bot systems built into them, so I used them. Would I bot in a game that didn't provide the system built in? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played vanilla but used a bot to level fishing.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not about patience, it's about fun. Tell me how it's fun going fresh into a BG and getting rolled because of a massive gear differential. Can you really blame people for wanting to skip weeks of that? It's just a bar to fill before they can have fun.

Compare that with PvE. You can go into dungeons and raids and be effective (have fun) instantly or within a few hours of hitting max level.
    I actually have fun doing BG's non-stop back when I needed gear, and also made me feel like I earned it. Sorry, I know we all want to have fun in the game, but you can't expect to get it all. Get to work. And it is about patience, if you can't handle a few losses in a BG, then you don't have patience for anything. Here's a tip, grab a beer, put on some music and burst into those BG's.

You can't get anything without working, many of the people kicking your ass in there has gotten there because they worked for it too, so it's completely fair.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I actually have fun doing BG's non-stop back when I needed gear, and also made me feel like I earned it. Sorry, I know we all want to have fun in the game, but you can't expect to get it all. Get to work. And it is about patience, if you can't handle a few losses in a BG, then you don't have patience for anything. Here's a tip, grab a beer, put on some music and burst into those BG's.

You can't get anything without working, many of the people kicking your ass in there has gotten there because they worked for it too, so it's completely fair.
    No, it's not. The 1st round of players ground the honor on an equal playing field. People coming in later get rolled by people who outgear them. This also makes their grind take longer.

Deleted
    i've botted in some other games, however never in WoW. The game never felt like a drag

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never botted, but have bought gold when I sucked at making it. Now i can make a million gold in a month using the auction house..
    Much more fun also. Although I don't have a problem with people botting to level via questing, but if you decide to use that in the battleground or dungeons then you will ruin the experience for other people, meaning affecting other people with it.

I'm not sure also, but I do think that using bots for mining/herb is why the prices are so low on my realm -.-
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I don't get the point of it. It's like paying for premium cable, turning on the TV and leaving the room. It also makes baby Jesus cry.

Deleted
    Well, I bot enough to pay for my subscription with gold, saves me 13€ a month since WOTLK, seems like a great deal to me.

No, but im not gonna lie i've had it in mind a couple of times.

No, and I've never been tempted to. I play games to have fun. If I'm not having fun in a game, I don't play it. If there's something I have to do that's tedious, but overall I'm having fun, then I'll grit my teeth and do it myself. To me, the risk of getting banned because I'm using a bot to do one thing that annoys me is too great. I'd really rather do it myself.

Deleted
    nope

10char

Never have, never will.

What's the point after all?
    You pay to play and enjoy the game, why would you pay extra and have something else play the game for you?
    You're totally missing the point of playing a "game".