3v3 comps in 5.2?

Just curious on peoples opinions really. I'm playing an unholy dk and have the choice of playing with either an Rsham, Rdruid, and either BM Hunter, Rogue, or spriest. Of those choices, what do you see being the most viable option? (would appreciate a reason as well) I'd also be interested in hearing what people think will be the best possible comp for an UhDK to play with outside of the options I just listed.

Would be nice to know the sort of rating you play at, and which class your partners are best at. In all of the comps Rsham will likely be better, but if they are a better Druid then i'd tell them to play that instead. A good Druid is better than a bad Shaman. Anyway;

Hunter / DK / Shaman - PHDK with a Shaman instead. Strengths of this comp being really strong opening burst and pretty good peels for your Shaman. Bad points being that if either you or the Hunter get trained you've got no offheals or CC breaks for your Shaman. This comp is waayyyy better with a Holy Paladin but could probably work with a Resto Shaman. You've still got freedom but you're missing BoPs which might mean you get fucked by Rogue or Warrior comps which are bursting you as you're a DK.

Strangulate-stun thing on a 30s CD makes this comp a lot better than this season, and Unholy DK pressure is already pretty damn good. This is a caster-eater comp and also has a pretty good chance of getting kills with a clean swap to a healer. Powershot with CDs up into Aphexiate with necrotics stacking and mindfreeze/silencing shot and scatter to stop any aura mastery. It's almost a gauranteed kill if you CC his partners (Web>Trap + Hex). Pretty good comp, would be better with Hpala, wouldn't run with a Druid.

Rogue / DK / Healer - Doesn't really matter which healer you run with this, your healer is pretty vulnerable and so are both you and the Rogue. This comp will have pretty short games because of strong damage with CDs and then shitty survivability. You'll either burst someone down in the opener or the dance afterwards, or die when the enemy team pops their CDs. This comp is a lot better with a Holy Pala also. I probably wouldn't run this.

Spriest / DK / Shaman - Shadowcleave (Kind of) - Pretty strong comp. A lot more 'passive' and defensive than the other two comps. The hunter/dk and rogue/dk comps are all about popping CDs and either killing or forcing them really defensive on the opener. This comp is more about peeling for your Shadow Priest until he has orbs and then mini-bursting, forcing CD after CD every 20-30s with necro stacks and DP with a silence on the healer. This comp is probably the best out of all 3, or on par with PHDK, depends how good Hunters turn out to be. This comp is best with a Resto Shaman as he's got the offheals and dispel from Spriest. I'd probably run this, it'd be the most rewarding and isn't a 1shot gib cleave.

I don't know what the best comp for DK will be in 5.3. It might even be Spriest/DK/Shaman.

This season I started late, so I've been struggling to get past the gearcapped teams in the 1600's (sadly). We tend to push up to 1650/1700 then hit a wall where we simply can't do enough damage to score a kill. I hate to use the gear excuse, but when my team and I are all still working on replacing mostly (70%+ of) dreadful gear with 1 piece of malev each week, this late in the season, I feel its fairly justified. Especially with the ridiculous jump in iLvL of 458-483(not to mention upgrades). I do have 2400xp on my old Rsham playing shadowplay, roughly 1900 on my DK in past seasons, and 2100 as a holy pal in s9.

I really like spriest/dk/rsham's potential, on paper. I'm actually somewhat confused why it's not all that popular right now. Double defensive dispel, 3x offensive dispel, can't be blinded with unholy frenzy, fear/hex/pet stun (though they're all fairly long cd's for cc) and secondary healing for a squishy DK when they've used defensives. Seems really strong to me, but when I searched on bloodlust's ladder I only see 2 teams playing it. Anyway, thanks I was leaning towards the wannabe AIDS comp to begin with, this kinda helps confirm my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Hunter / DK / Shaman - PHDK with a Shaman instead. Strengths of this comp being really strong opening burst and pretty good peels for your Shaman. Bad points being that if either you or the Hunter get trained you've got no offheals or CC breaks for your Shaman. This comp is waayyyy better with a Holy Paladin but could probably work with a Resto Shaman. You've still got freedom but you're missing BoPs which might mean you get fucked by Rogue or Warrior comps which are bursting you as you're a DK.
    I disagree, the hunter can provide freedoms and roar of sacrifice and cc peels making rsham work just fine imo. Im not a fan of hpally in this comp because they are far too easy to cc compared to shammies and will probably spend a majority of matches running and losing while a shaman can be more offensive. Either way I would go with an rdruid over a rsham (as you listed was an option) since both dk and hunter can provide solid peels for the druid during switches and druids can provide a shitton more cc pressure. Hunter/druid cc when done right (especially with 7 sec cyclones in 5.2) is brutal. Comp is underrated imo, mostly because most hunters are in the faceroll BM mindset. Requires alot of skill on the hunters part to work well.

Aside from that, I agree with everything else wolfbane said.

Quote Originally Posted by juksisan View Post
    I really like spriest/dk/rsham's potential, on paper. I'm actually somewhat confused why it's not all that popular right now. Double defensive dispel, 3x offensive dispel, can't be blinded with unholy frenzy, fear/hex/pet stun (though they're all fairly long cd's for cc) and secondary healing for a squishy DK when they've used defensives. Seems really strong to me, but when I searched on bloodlust's ladder I only see 2 teams playing it. Anyway, thanks I was leaning towards the wannabe AIDS comp to begin with, this kinda helps confirm my thoughts.
    Pretty much the only reason is that Warrior > DK. Once we see the Warrior nerfs and DK buffs I'm sure a lot of Spriest/DK/X teams are going to start popping up. It does seem really strong. I wish you the best of luck if you end up running it

10+ Year Old Account
    triple Monk healer! LOL....... O.O.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I disagree, the hunter can provide freedoms and roar of sacrifice and cc peels making rsham work just fine imo. Im not a fan of hpally in this comp because they are far too easy to cc compared to shammies and will probably spend a majority of matches running and losing while a shaman can be more offensive. Either way I would go with an rdruid over a rsham (as you listed was an option) since both dk and hunter can provide solid peels for the druid during switches and druids can provide a shitton more cc pressure. Hunter/druid cc when done right (especially with 7 sec cyclones in 5.2) is brutal. Comp is underrated imo, mostly because most hunters are in the faceroll BM mindset. Requires alot of skill on the hunters part to work well.

Aside from that, I agree with everything else wolfbane said.
    i dunno dude, that maybe person pref.

[gonna shorten cause i missed wolf's post]

in short - i agree with wolf. i feel like both are possible but shammy would be stronger.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Pretty much the only reason is that Warrior > DK. Once we see the Warrior nerfs and DK buffs I'm sure a lot of Spriest/DK/X teams are going to start popping up. It does seem really strong. I wish you the best of luck if you end up running it
    yea but a lot of the reason you saw that comp was obv warrior dmg.. but also at the beginning of the xpac even more than now; niether priest nor warrior were great kill targets.. which meant alot of the time you had to let em run rampant, and the way those two classes ramp and burst its just a bad scene. UH has a slower ramp.. and priest took some major nerfs in survival against wiz cleaves. i'm not going to be scared of this comp with anything but a shammy in it on my wiz team..
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-09 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    No idea in making a new thread so I will borrow this one. Me and some friends want to give next season a go. What we have on hands are

account.1 DK, Lock, pala, Rogue, Warrior.

account.2 priest, hunter, monk, rogue, druid.

account.3 Resto Shaman (the only class he have)

What comps with these classes are looking to be a valid 1750 comp?

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    No idea in making a new thread so I will borrow this one. Me and some friends want to give next season a go. What we have on hands are

account.1 DK, Lock, pala, Rogue, Warrior.

account.2 priest, hunter, monk, rogue, druid.

account.3 Resto Shaman (the only class he have)

What comps with these classes are looking to be a valid 1750 comp?
    At 1750, it's more likely you'll meet melee cleaves than spell cleaves. So you need something which can either 1shot them before they 1shot you, or has good peels and heals. If you were above 2.2k, i'd recommend trying DK / Spriest / Rsham next patch as it looks to be pretty good. Rogue / Spriest / Rsham is also going to be a good comp, but it has a high skillcap.

The following comps will work at that rating, some are better than others but I'd just pick whichever you guys feel you'd be best at:
    DK / Hunter / Rsham
    DK / Monk / Rsham
    DK / Feral / Rsham
    Lock / Spriest / Rsham
    Lock / Rogue / Rsham
    Rogue / Hunter / Rsham
    Warrior / Hunter / Rsham
    Warrior / Spriest / Rsham
    Warrior / Feral / Rsham
    Warrior / WWMonk / Rsham

Deleted
    Thanks alot iWolfBanei, With DK setups, are they all unholy or dosen't it matter if the DK plays frost or unholy

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Thanks alot iWolfBanei, With DK setups, are they all unholy or dosen't it matter if the DK plays frost or unholy
    I think all of them would work better as Unholy. DK / Monk and DK / Feral might get away with being frost.

Deleted
    Hmm. Think we are gonna roll with UH DK/Spriest/Rshaman. Sounds like the most solid one, and the one that fits our playstyle best

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would play rouge/dk/(rdruid or rsham) which ever healer the guy plays better with.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.