Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    1. Deathknight - Most evil class in fact i hear they must inflict pain on people in order to power there runes to survive
    The issue I have with Death Knights being "evil" is that they never actually sought out "evil powers," like warlocks did and do. Death Knights were stuck with dark powers; might as well make use of a bad situation.

As for the "must inflict pain," they can probably satiate that need in the general number of people everyone ends up walling on on a daily basis anyway, so I don't think that's necessarily "evil."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel magic is arcane magic in it's most corrupt form, so yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Isn't fel magic just demonic arcane?
    No, it looks nothing like green arcane. The closest thing would be green shadow, especially considering it's dots.
    Warlock dots are classified as shadow ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, it looks nothing like green arcane. The closest thing would be green shadow, especially considering it's dots.
    Warlock dots are classified as shadow ingame.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fel

Any class can be evil...

...but Shadow Priests and Warlocks have the most 'evil' oriented spells and abilities. SPriests are like mini-Old Gods (screwing the opponent's mind) and Warlocks are obviously Legion-like.

I would say Death Knights -were- evil pre-LK control, but since then they're just poor saps trying to fit in (like the official site says). They have disease-related skills but they don't seem to revel in other's suffering like locks. Thassarian for example turned out to be a rather cool, even normal-like Alliance guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    And the purest would be paladin, no surprise. Yes, we have examples (mainly one actually) of them going bad, but the funny thing, they would loose their power long
    before completely committing to an evil lifestyle. Paladin would loose all the powers of the light if he ever steps on the dark path, leaving us with a warrior at best.
    There is one paladin who retained full control of the light after his transition to deathknight.

Most evil:
    1. Warlock. Taking up the powers of fel magic is simply never a good thing.
    2. Mage. Using Arcane Magic itself is already far too close to being a Warlock. Too close for comfort. Madness will eventually consume most mages, and to even start that road is to make conscious choice to accept that probability. To accept it for the sake of power alone is straight-up evil.
    3: Neutral classes. Rogue can be anything, from a swashbuckling hero to a highwayman, from a detective to an assassin. Warrior can, again, be anything. Druids, too, can be good-hearted healers, or destructive blighters. They can be valiant defenders, or merciless and even careless killers. Druids represent everything in nature. Hunters are neutral, too... Hunters generally are just hunters; ordinary people getting food on the table. Some are evil trophy-hunters, others try to keep wild-life on acceptable levels in order to maintain eco-systems. Priests and Monks fall into this category as well; their 'allignment' depends solely on their personal spiritual path. Some seek power over others, while others seek knowledge for its own sake. Some seek to rule, others seek to serve.
    Shamans are a neutral class. Some were blessed by the Elements for their virtues (the good ones). Others were born with elemental powers running through their veins (can go either way). And others again enslave elemental creatures to do their bidding, and milk them for magical abilities (definitely the evil ones).
    4. Paladins and Death Knights.
    Death knights, you might ask? Well; yes. Death Knights. Specifically those of the Ebon Blade. While some are undoubtedly less than nice, most Death Knights have no goals in undeath. They have nothing to exist for. Now that the Lich King is dead, they do not even have vengeance to 'live' for. Their only reason to exist, to push on, is to keep helping the populace of Azeroth to defend their world. To keep fighting another day. Not to rule, but to protect. Eternal Death is such an easy way out of their anguish, and yet they keep fighting.
    Paladins... Of course; quite a lot of them are completely mad with self-righteous delusion. But most Paladins wish to serve and protect. They put their lives on the line so others don't need to suffer. A Paladin could just lay down their weapon, could become a simple farmer, could lead a simple and fulfilling life... But they keep going anyway. They choose the hard life instead, to protect those in need.

Edit: Just to note, WoW paladins don't lose their power if they turn evil. They merely have to believe they're still good. Ones they believe themselves to be evil, they'll lose their paladin powers. The Holy Light is fueled by conviction and willpower; not by a system of deific power.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-02-09 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a blue post saying that you can wield the light as long as you truly believe the actions you do are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi View Post
    There is one paladin who retained full control of the light after his transition to deathknight.
    If you're referring to Zeliek, he maintained his "thoughts" but he was far from in control of his body... he was a puppet, forced to channel the light.

So I'm not really sure he's applicable in one way or another.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why is fel magic represented as shadow ingame then?
    Because gameplay mechanics and lore always match up... Warlock 'shadow magic' is really fel magic siphoned from demons. Priest 'shadow magic' just another application of The Light.

Blizz probably didn't want to make fel magic it's school in terms of spell damage and resistances and silence/lockouts and stuff. Same reason water is part of frost, and earth and lighting are both nature, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    There was a blue post saying that you can wield the light as long as you truly believe the actions you do are good.
    That doesn't help anything at all. Everyone is the hero of their own story.

And that's why the Scarlet people still use the Holy Light in abundance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I was just explaining how there are evil paladins in the world.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 05:47 AM ----------

Damn, just noticed that this thread is only 3 pages long and already has 1k views. Guess people like discussing morality. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously alignment matters with each individual. I am going by stereotype.

Warlock (Least good - Communes with chaos, demons, fire, etc.)
    Death Knight (Maybe not evil but uses evil-ish abilities)
    Rogue (No ethics, simply cares about cash...stereotypically at least)
    Shaman (The elements are dangerous)
    Warrior (Typically fights for a good cause, but can be bloodthirsty, cruel, and brutal)
    Mage (Mages are intellectual, often peaceful, and research the arcane, but they can easily be corrupted with power.)
    Hunter (Hunters seem mostly good, but I could see them going bad if overzealous over something and shooting many people at once.)
    Priest (Priests are almost always good, kind, and spirited, but shadow magic is scary and probably evil.)
    Druid (Druids promote peace and life. They can be corrupted, though, such as druids of the flame, who are definitely evil.)
    Paladin (Paladins always fight for what they believe is just. Most of the time they are considered good. Sometimes, they get too zealous.)
    Monk (Most good - Monks promote peace. The only bad I see in them is inaction, but Huojin don't have that issue.)

Paladins (Even uncorrupted) could potentially make mistakes (i.e., if overzealous). I mean, Paladins on the Horde and Alliance do still fight. So I think monks are first because they want peace.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2013-02-09 at 07:05 AM.

See the thing that I love about Warcraft is that though classes are somewhat predisposed to certain moral stances, anybody can be good or evil.

Therefore I won't participate in this poll because I think that cookies taste better in chocolate milk as opposed to motor oil.

Isn't fel magic just demonic arcane?
    Fel magic is basically concentrated arcane magic, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that class has nothing to do with relative morality.

There's douchebag rogues, there's noble rogues, and there's gray rogues.

There's Warlocks who look only for power, and there's Warlocks who sacrifice their own purity to 'fight fire with fire'
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Good or Evil is just depends what side the sword your on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    So, you're saying they're subject to corruption and would kill in order to protect nature, but they can't be evil ?

I don't really get it. How are they more forces of good than say, hunters ?
    Killing to preserve the balance of nature from those which would wreck it isn't evil. Druids of the flame aren't really druids, they are former druids. Look at Malfurion for an example...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Killing to preserve the balance of nature from those which would wreck it isn't evil. Druids of the flame aren't really druids, they are former druids. Look at Malfurion for an example...
    Malygos sought to preserve Azeroth from the mortals who were carelessly wielding magic, and he was a villian in Wrath of the Lich King.

Arguably speaking, just because your cause is right doesn't mean that you can't be the bad guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Malygos sought to preserve Azeroth from the mortals who were carelessly wielding magic, and he was a villian in Wrath of the Lich King.

Arguably speaking, just because your cause is right doesn't mean that you can't be the bad guy.
    Same with Algalon.