Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To everybody who says yes:

Get the f*ck out of the game ASAP! You're ruining it very badly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

Ruining it? Probably those who bot battlegrounds and such, but without bots you wouldn't have cheap enchants, cheap ores, cheap gems @ the AH. Everything would be as expensive as it was at the beginning of the expansion. Thank god for all the botters who post stacks of ores and herbs for 20 gold. I'd rather spend 20 gold on that than go spend half an hour farming them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by darthkojones View Post
    Ruining it? Probably those who bot battlegrounds and such, but without bots you wouldn't have cheap enchants, cheap ores, cheap gems @ the AH. Everything would be as expensive as it was at the beginning of the expansion. Thank god for all the botters who post stacks of ores and herbs for 20 gold. I'd rather spend 20 gold on that than go spend half an hour farming them myself.
    I can only say +1 to that.

I botted before and I came back to botting now. I bot 8 hours per day (2x 4hours) for materials and I sell gold on market for real money. Yeah fuck me, I'm poor without job on welfare and this is my additional income I get for food and stuff I need. Without that I couldn't even afford to play any game and to have internet connection paid. So don't blame me. I see that like a side kind of a job.
    With botting I also NEVER NEVER NEVER post shit I gather on AH to dump prices. I craft and DE and sell enchanting material or just sell rings and amulets to vendor. This way I get less gold, but it is steady income and I don't make much impact on economy. I also NEVER bot in BG's as I hate PvP and I don't want to ruin it for others.
    I will never stop botting until I will have stable income of money so I can live normally.

Deleted
    Used a AV bot once in tbc, not so proud of that. Then fishing bots I have used a few times, not really that against them aslong they are used with moderation, if you are selling shit. People that clog ah with their fish so other don't even stand a chance is no no, but i remember in tbc I was like only that even put up fish on the ah. I maybe just trying to justify my botting with that, I don't really know.

No, I have never used one or can see why I would, ever. Paying for a game to only have a program play it for me stands almost as high as buying in-game gold with real money, and complaining about questing in a role-playing game/complaining that you have to learn complex combos in a fighting game/etc, as far as activities that leave me perplexed in games is concerned.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no. never. i hate all you botting cunts !!!!
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darthkojones View Post
    It's like people complaining about losing jobs overseas, then buying imported goods because they're cheaper. Or people complaining about the loss of small business, then rolling into Walmart for their low prices.

Deleted
    Never have, probably never will. All of my 3 still playing irl friends bot though (all use hb).

Deleted
    Yes I have. At the end of cataclysm, I got really tired of the botting in BG's so I joined the bot-army. (If you can't defeat them, join them).
    I think it's horrible shit to farm that pvp gear in order to play competetively in PvP. Especially when you were basically fighting with computers 95% of the time.
    So yes I botted, got a lot of gear and I don't regret it at all.

I also still use the bot to mill/prospect 500000 stacks of ore, because that is something that I couldn't be arsed. To click Infinitely. No regrets for this either.

I would to level fishing and archeology if I could get away with it using a bot but that is about it ...and only because it would not effect anyone else .

Deleted
    Im not a cheater, so no..

yes but never on my main account

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. During vanilla when leveling was boring and slow. These days it's way faster and easier, so it's more fun to level legit. However, everytime I have to level fishing, I use a bot to do it. I don't even understand why it's a profession. <.< Feels more like a punishment.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

i feel sorry for you, i myself am a hardcore botter, i bot on 30 accounts at the same time. I make 5000 euros a month doing so while you can sit there moaning. This is called creativity and you LOSE

In the beginning of cata I used to for a little bit to farm. However I'd be sitting at my computer watching it + talking to people. After hours of farming my wrists would be sore so I just let it circle and I watched it. :S
    Raaaa!

Oh I forgot to add that I wrote my own bot for crafting/milling/prospecting Undetectable for blizzard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I know a friend who used honorbuddy though.

Quote Originally Posted by progamer View Post
    i feel sorry for you, i myself am a hardcore botter, i bot on 30 accounts at the same time. I make 5000 euros a month doing so while you can sit there moaning. This is called creativity and you LOSE
    You call it creativity, we call it trolling.

I've never botted or even contemplated it but someone mentioned they can do the new shitfest grind that is dailies. Tempting...

Deleted
    Yes I have. Until Fishbot got shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and never will. I don't have any desire to but even if I did, I'm so unlucky I'd probably get banned straight away.