Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    Would Frostscythe of Lord Ahune be a possible transmog for it? I thought I remember reading staves to polearms or am I remembering wrong? If it's possible, then I wouldn't mind using the scythe on my dk, if I can have more luck than the SoFear axe (15 lfr kills with coins and no axe)
    You still have to be able to equip the transmogged item, so sadly, only a Warrior could, IIRC (Paladins and DKs cannot use Staffs).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, you're right, still waking up and wasn't thinking of that. Sad dk but still will look for other good polearms

So many people in this thread make me giggle. "It's a DK Tanking wep".... Well sure it is, but it is also a Ret Pally, Arms Warrior, and both Frost & Unholy DK weapon. If you want to say it's BiS for Blood DKs, I would be fine with that (TBH I don't know which is), but to say it's not a Ret/Arms/Frost/Unholy Weapon is completely asinine. It will be an upgrade over EVERY and ANY lower item level 2 hand weapon you happen to be equipping, so if you are one of those DPS specs listed above and don't have a Str 2H at the item level of the polearm or higher, this would be YOUR weapon.

Exp is an important stat for all DPS specs and there's no way anyone will convince me that the amount of mastery that's left after reforging will outweigh the benefits of the added strength and weapon damage.

LFR doesn't even have "who's it most beneficial" arguments anymore. As far as normal & heroic raiding go, it will all boil down to what the RL / Lootmaster deem appropriate...IF you even have a DK tank in your raid in the first place.

As far as Blizzard's stance on even making an epic "tanking only" 2h strength weapon, the last 2h Str wep that had a pure tanking stat that made it to live dropped in Blackwing Lair.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-02-09 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    You still have to be able to equip the transmogged item, so sadly, only a Warrior could, IIRC (Paladins and DKs cannot use Staffs).
    That's why there is http://www.wowhead.com/item=70165

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. Finally will be able to use the Hellreaver as transmog!

Deleted
    Shame about the itemization of it... Oh well, there's no Blood DK in my guild so it's a toss up between me and the Holydin (both OS) until we get our hands on one of the better weapons available.

Edit: I'm secretly going to be trying to get my hands on the 2H-Caster Mace for transmog. It looks amazing and fits Paladins so well; it's like a gigantic version of Verigan's Fist :P
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-02-09 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    It had better look awful. I've been looking for an excuse to use my old Blood Knight polearm.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95877 Click on View in 3D

Does look pretty bland. Since I saw this I added my DK to my EoE10 farming along with my Warlock (Fel/Wrath-guard xmog via glyph) for Black Ice
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    If you don't transmog it to http://www.wowhead.com/item=39221 , you have no permission to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very, very happy to see them stretching out with weapons. I know a lot of us rets are tired of the same two handed sword/mace/axe swings. A polearm look will be very refreshing.

Need to get this on my blood knight. Have her get the blackfury on.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Woot. Halberd of Smiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Only 1 Haste 2H weapon in the tier, and it's Haste/Crit, not the absolute best either. And all 4 Strength weapons are the same ilevel. So, it's open season.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 10:27 AM ----------

They won't restrict it to just Blood DKs for LFR/Coin rolls, cause Mastery/Expertise is usable by any 2H DPS too (may not be optimal stats though).
    Haste + Crit is still far superior to Mastery + Expertise for ret, especially considering how easy Expertise is to cap in T14.

I also think it's kind of funny, people saying "Oh I can now transmog X because I am equipping a polearm", without remembering that 5.2 already brings a change, where as long as it's a 2H weapon, you can transmog it. So if you have an axe equipped, you can transmog into one of your polearms anyway, without having to use this.

It's like people don't even read patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Haste + Crit is still far superior to Mastery + Expertise for ret, especially considering how easy Expertise is to cap in T14.

I also think it's kind of funny, people saying "Oh I can now transmog X because I am equipping a polearm", without remembering that 5.2 already brings a change, where as long as it's a 2H weapon, you can transmog it. So if you have an axe equipped, you can transmog into one of your polearms anyway, without having to use this.

It's like people don't even read patch notes.
    You mean like you don't read them? You can only mog things with same animations polearms have unqiue animations which is why everyone loves them.

Yeah hurping durp stop trying to talk down to people when you know nothin.

Also how high are you? BiS list isn't made so don't even try getting a power trip on which weapon is gonna be better. Mastery is gonna be huge with holy tvs and 31k top end weapons and 15k str proc trinkets. Haste is gonna be easy to get to 25% with the extra gem slots. Hell 30% might be realistic and at this point i think mastery may end up just as good.

Know what i like most about polearm? Warriors can't use it because of TG so we have an even better chance at TF 2hander priority on some weapons.

Also lastly will i trade haste and reforged crit for mastery and reforged haste to beable to use draenei one handed fighting polearm animations and combat stance? Fuckin A i will

Not like it matters one damn bit anyhow you're gonna use the first heroic TF weapon you get your hands on especially after u dump VP into it. Stats? please +1500 top end is alot bigger impact.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    hmm i got a bad feeling that it's a tank weapon for blood DK's, then again you never know.. :/ but i'm likeing this
    It's an excellent one for a DK tank. Mastery + expertise? Yes, please!

Finally I can transmog it to that weapon from Hellfire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You mean like you don't read them? You can only mog things with same animations polearms have unqiue animations which is why everyone loves them.

Yeah hurping durp stop trying to talk down to people when you know nothin.

Also how high are you? BiS list isn't made so don't even try getting a power trip on which weapon is gonna be better. Mastery is gonna be huge with holy tvs and 31k top end weapons and 15k str proc trinkets. Haste is gonna be easy to get to 25% with the extra gem slots. Hell 30% might be realistic and at this point i think mastery may end up just as good.

Know what i like most about polearm? Warriors can't use it because of TG so we have an even better chance at TF 2hander priority on some weapons.

Also lastly will i trade haste and reforged crit for mastery and reforged haste to beable to use draenei one handed fighting polearm animations and combat stance? Fuckin A i will

Not like it matters one damn bit anyhow you're gonna use the first heroic TF weapon you get your hands on especially after u dump VP into it. Stats? please +1500 top end is alot bigger impact.
    Learn to read them yourself. Specific weapon animations are inconsequential, it's the difference between 2H and 1H animations to which they refer. (They don't want 1H weapons doing 2H animations, and vice versa.)

But here's a thought: log on the PTR, try it out (I've already done it, so I know the result,) and then come back and apologize.

I'll be waiting.

Deleted
    So. You can now mog swords, maces and axes into each other.

And then Blizz makes the new best str weapon a god damn retarded polearm.

Learn to read them yourself. Specific weapon animations are inconsequential, it's the difference between 2H and 1H animations to which they refer. (They don't want 1H weapons doing 2H animations, and vice versa.)

But here's a thought: log on the PTR, try it out (I've already done it, so I know the result,) and then come back and apologize.

I'll be waiting.
    proof or ss please

If true this entire thread is irrelevant.

Still frozen hall sword or polearm will be the IDEAL Thunderforged Heroic weapon to obtain. Any of the 4 is still better then Non TF tho.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go try it yourself. A person who professes to be an expert in what 5.2 is bringing (to the point you call other people "hurping durp" and claim they know "nothin"), should already be on the PTR.

I really couldn't care less if you're convinced.

Go try it yourself. A person who professes to be an expert in what 5.2 is bringing (to the point you call other people "hurping durp" and claim they know "nothin"), should already be on the PTR.

Im spammin the hell out of this axe into a polearm and it isnt working. Axe to mace to sword works just fine. But polearm it do not.

Just tried to mog my axe into a polearm on the PTR, did not work. You can only transmog staves into polearms and vice versa.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28