Poll: who do you think the strongest death knight in Warcraft history?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Strongest Death Knight in Warcraft history lore wise

Hey everyone, who do you think the strongest death knight in Warcraft history?

Discuss and thanks for reading.

Deleted
    I'd put my alt in the top 3.
    But in all seriousness I'd go for Arthas I guess?

There's not much discussion to be had here, the answer is Arthas. No matter how much you may personally like the lore or characterization of another Death Knight they are simply not as powerful as Arthas.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas /thread

Deleted
    Arthas
    teron
    mionelol

I don't think anything even comes close to Arthas and Teron.

Teron is the strongest first-generation DK(caster-type).

Arthas is the strongest 2nd generation DK(spellsword type).
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    There's not much discussion to be had here, the answer is Arthas. No matter how much you may personally like the lore or characterization of another Death Knight they are simply not as powerful as Arthas.
    Oh trust me, I don't like any story more than Arthas's but I just can't vote for him as the strongest DK, sure he was the Lich King but look at him when he was in his Death Knight phase. Still Teron for me.

Arthas pre-lichking was hardly the deathly presence gorefiend was..

It's a toss up between Teron and Arthas, but since Arthas' mount was a dead horse, and Teron's mount was Deathwing, I'm gonna go with Teron.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was top solely because he had Frostmourne.

Barring that, I'd have to say Alexandros Mograine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Oh trust me, I don't like any story more than Arthas's but I just can't vote for him as the strongest DK, sure he was the Lich King but look at him when he was in his Death Knight phase. Still Teron for me.
    I will have to disagree, though I happily concede Teron was powerful. Arthas (TFT edition) should be considered at his strength in the final mission, as throughout the rest of the game Arthas was being drained of his power in order to sustain Ner'zhul. In the final mission Arthas defeats the combined armies of the Vashj Naga and Blood Elves, as well as personally (And quite easily if you take the cinematic at face value) defeating Illidan. Even when vastly weakened (I believe his in game level was 2 or 3 for that mission?) he was able to lead his small force to victory against a Forgotten One and its faceless hordes. Arthas also defeats Ner'zhul in the battle of wills portrayed in his novel, though I suppose that could be counted as part of his "Lich King" phase even though I would argue he can't be considered to be much more than a host for Ner'zhul until after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    mionelol
    Pretty much this, Mionelol solo'd Lich King Arthas, clearly Mionelol wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    I will have to disagree, though I happily concede Teron was powerful. Arthas (TFT edition) should be considered at his strength in the final mission, as throughout the rest of the game Arthas was being drained of his power in order to sustain Ner'zhul. In the final mission Arthas defeats the combined armies of the Vashj Naga and Blood Elves, as well as personally (And quite easily if you take the cinematic at face value) defeating Illidan. Even when vastly weakened (I believe his in game level was 2 or 3 for that mission?) he was able to lead his small force to victory against a Forgotten One and its faceless hordes. Arthas also defeats Ner'zhul in the battle of wills portrayed in his novel, though I suppose that could be counted as part of his "Lich King" phase even though I would argue he can't be considered to be much more than a host for Ner'zhul until after that point.
    Not so true.... replay it.

Arthas was weakened until he reached icecrown where nerzhul lend him all his strenghts and control over their army and he was aided by anubarak and his forces too. (he was level 10)

And the cinematic showed he defeated Illidan with ease just because of lack of time. It is said in WoW that Illidan's fight was the most close encounter to Death he has ever had and the only reason he defeated him was becasue Illidan underestimated him and nerzhul fully enpower him.
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas... regardless of Teron being "stronger" with his powers, Arthas had Frostmourne... Don't underestimate the blade.

Also, teron and Arthas are two completely different kinds of death knights. Teron was a caster, Arthas was a fighter.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Any one of them from season 5.

Sorry - I couldn't resist!

But yes, Arthas as others have said.

Arthas, for a very simple reason.

During TFT final moments, Arthas defeats (and almost kills) Illidan. Even when he (arthas) was weakened. So it's safe to say that Arthas (DK) was way stronger than Illidan. In TBC we see Teron Gorefiend serving Illidan Stormrage, the same Illidan who almost died by the hands of arthas. So, it's safe to say that Illidan is more powerfull than Teron, otherwise he would proclaim himself the lord of outland and kill illidan in the process.

So, it goes as Arthas > Illidan > Teron = Arthas > Teron.

^ According to that logic, any death knight is stronger than Arthas, because they broke free of Arthas' control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Arthas, for a very simple reason.

During TFT final moments, Arthas defeats (and almost kills) Illidan. Even when he (arthas) was weakened. So it's safe to say that Arthas (DK) was way stronger than Illidan. In TBC we see Teron Gorefiend serving Illidan Stormrage, the same Illidan who almost died by the hands of arthas. So, it's safe to say that Illidan is more powerfull than Teron, otherwise he would proclaim himself the lord of outland and kill illidan in the process.

So, it goes as Arthas > Illidan > Teron = Arthas > Teron.
    Read the novel please. The only reason Arthas won was becasue of frostmourne. In the cinematic it wasn't well shown due to lack of time.

In the game, the fight was decided entirely by melee combat. Arthas charged Illidan, who blocked and pushed him back. They traded a few blows, then Illidan jumped back into the air. Arthas charged forward and swung up, slicing Illidan across the chest (and knocking him out) as he was coming back down.

In the novel, the fight was longer and Illidan talked a lot more. It began the same way (with Illidan pushing Arthas back, followed by an exchange of blows), although Illidan had his warglaives together. When he jumped up into the air, he split them apart and taunted Arthas some more. When Illidan descended, Arthas made the same upward slash (slicing Illidan across the torso), but in this version it didn't take him out: instead he flew up and assumed his demon form. He blasted Arthas with fel fire (bringing him to his knees), then came back down to finish him off. As Illidan lifted his blades for a killing blow, Frostmourne urged Arthas to keep fighting and he thrust it up into Illidan's chest
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.