Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I can't believe what I've read through 5 pages of bullshit. People actually saying that they would rather kill the same bosses with the same strategies and exactly the same pack pulls 50 times in a raid, over and over and over, than have bosses attack the places where you feel SAFE and make you band together in real time to actually defend something from a threat. No wonder WoW's gone to shit if blizzard listened to people like you on the forums. You're like those old folks who scream out how much they don't like change in the world, it's so pathetic.

You people must be heart of the party when you go to one.
    I think it's funny how when your terrible ideas are rejected by the community overall you lash out with generalised hostility. Blizzard doesn't need to learn anything from crappy games that have a fraction of the playerbase at max, and are all going f2p just to stay viable. Bosses attacking cities regularly? really? that's your grand idea?
    Oh I forgot you're the one who thought telling 7 million people to get stuffed so you and the 3? people who think like you can be "satisfied" (for the next hour).

MMO players play MMOs because they're, generally, static and predictable. Even people who don't traditionally play traditional games come to MMOs for that factor.

It's why the games have no AI, and people are vastly against the games having AI. (Not something I entirely agree with, but whatever, people love boring and predictable)

Trying to argue against it is kind of pointless. It's like wanting something to be something else. That has lead to other genres entirely ruined elsewhere, like on consoles, where pretty much everything is some sort of action game now. Not everything needs to change.

I can't believe what I've read through 5 pages of bullshit. People actually saying that they would rather kill the same bosses with the same strategies and exactly the same pack pulls 50 times in a raid, over and over and over, than have bosses attack the places where you feel SAFE and make you band together in real time to actually defend something from a threat. No wonder WoW's gone to shit if blizzard listened to people like you on the forums. You're like those old folks who scream out how much they don't like change in the world, it's so pathetic.

It looks like you just need to find a new game. Instead of completely changing the game like you want it would make more sense to start from scratch and build a different game. If that's what you want there are plenty of games out there.

Deleted

i am always the heart of the party and just because everyone else likes wow the way it is doesnt give you the right to critisise them about it if you want to play a different game do it!

Deleted
    They did try new things and instead of "thank you Blizzard for NOT making an expansion like the rest and taking us to a new and exciting land" they were greeted with "OMFG BLIZZ I AM HATE TEH PANDOR OMG!!!I FELL ON FLOR QQ".

Daily quest hubs with additional quest content at end game, pet battles, account wide mounts / pets / achievements, item upgrade with excess points, coin roll system, etc etc.

They added new things, just because they haven't added the things you want (just yet, may come at some point) doesn't mean we got nothing new.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful what you wish for.

Because change means even more casual and LF.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Activision has succeeded in convincing a majority of players of the following lie: daily quests are fun, and daily quests count at 'content'. Its a brilliant strategy on their part, convince the masses that doing the exact same thing you did from 1-90 (questing) is THE fun thing to do at level cap. Rather than have to produce new (expensive) content, they simply tell us to go run in a circle for a couple months doing dailies.

Yes they still produce raids. However unlike the past, current raids no longer provide months worth of content as they used to due to their extreme ease, so Blizz needed another avenue of cheap, repeatable content. Daily quests were the perfect solution. Just don't believe they are real content as Blizz wants you to, they are simply the cheapest, easiest solution to solve the dilemma Blizz created with their choice to simplify raiding.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Meh, I'd love changes to Wow. But I doubt it happens on a huge scale. I don't personally like Pandaria and its theme so its put me off for now, and I'm getting bored of all of the classes. Monks definitely weren't a class that appealed to me.

I think something that is a big change but wouldn't alienate people, and isn't so big that it's impossible to do over an expansion cycle (I mean ready for the next one) is an extra talent tree for each class. Making it something quite different from what people are used to. Something like a thrown weapon rogue or something of the sort, possibly a Fire DK (Come on, don't laugh,their new litchking is a burning man and his powers are fire, maybe they could tie it to that). Maybe a battle mage spec (melee/elemental spell hybrid). I think that would do a LOT more to the game in making it fresh than a new class ever could.

Hell, instead of a ranged rogue they could actually make a rogue tank spec. Something like 1h sword/axe/mace and a buckler. They had bucklers in WoW beta. Could be like the bandits you see in War3. Paladins could get a ranged damage dealing spec and so could Monks. Shamans and Warlocks could get a dedicated tanking spec.

Game just needs a revitalization in my opinion. I'm bored with it, as is.
    Last edited by JhanZ; 2013-02-09 at 06:47 PM.

jesus christ how can you tell me pandaren are a change in wow's gameplay, they're just a new race with a new continent filled with more daily quests. They're no different from draenei or blood elves or goblins or worgen. New content? Yes. New innovation? No. How is pet battles innovation? How does that promote Warcraft gameplay elements and improve on them? When did Lothar, Illidan, Alleria or Thrall ever used pet battles in any Warcraft games? Since when do people think Warcraft and think "hmm, this game definitely needs pokemon in it"? REALLY?

Scenarios? You mean 3 man dungeons? Isn't that the 10 man counterpart to the 25 man raids? If scenarios were 5 man dungeons with a few extra pack pulls they would be exactly the same thing.

I gave that idea with bosses attacking cities as a goddamn EXAMPLE, and you tear at it showing that you don't even have imagination for better things. That could be like a random world event, the rest could consist of horde/alliance incursions in your home towns of NPCs attacking your quests hubs that you'd actually have to fight for to defend. It would make people have a reason to go outside their major cities and DO things together besides killing the same raid bosses over and over and over.

You would get rewarded for it, you would promote world PVP, you would promote fighting. WARCRAFT.

You could have Vrykul taking over boats from Northrend and invading Stormwind through the harbor, baricading themselves in one of the city's quarters.

You could have dark irons renegade invading Ironforge.

You could have Westfall's farms getting burned and losing 5% HP bonus or something while fighting in Eastern Kingdoms.

You could have Trolls attacking Silvermoon from Zul'Aman and potentially take over the city.

I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH ALL THE DAILIES REP TO REVERED YET I TOOK ALL MY TIME BUT THERE IS NOTHING EXCITING ABOUT GATHERING SHIT AND KILLING 10 MOBS AFTER YOU'VE DONE IT 10 TIMES. I DON'T FEEL THREATENED, I DON'T FEEL A CAUSE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT GROUPING WITH OTHER PLAYERS FOR IT.

NOTHING IS OF CONSEQUENCE I JUST GO TO STORMWIND AND I'M SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD OF PEACECRAFT EVERYBODY!!!!

How has Warcraft devolved into this sedentary lifestyle farming game. Literally. We now have farming in it too, to add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    You mean all of the other MMO's that have been crushed by World of Warcraft and are now languishing with very few subscribers or have changed to be F2P. Which is the problem really. If stuff in other MMO's was so popular and would bring back so many former customers why isn't it working for them now?

Making changes that would, in your own words, lose 7-8 million customers is curious logic.
    They could implement any change the OP said and they wouldn't lose a single customer. They stay because there are 10 million other players to make things interesting, not because of any inherent superiority of the game. If they shut Warcraft down for a month, and gave everyone a free month of one of the other games you trash, nobody would ever come back to WoW. There are better games out there, they just can't get any traction because people are content with Warcraft.

Daily quests seriously need to go. Or be toned down heavily. I'm entirely sick of them. Yeah, they're becoming optional but people don't realize that if they aren't done it's essentially a content void. I'd rather they use the time to do something people actually WANT to do. (And don't give me that horsecrap that you enjoy them. You don't. You're lying through your teeth, that or you've done like 5 daily quests. :/)

Go play a different game if you want that. WoW isn't going to change to fit your needs.

Nice sarcasm, but coming from you, you're pretty immature with your past posts.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 06:56 PM ----------

-snip-
    You are a sad sad human being.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Daily quests seriously need to go. Or be toned down heavily. I'm entirely sick of them. Yeah, they're becoming optional but people don't realize that if they aren't done it's essentially a content void. I'd rather they use the time to do something people actually WANT to do. (And don't give me that horsecrap that you enjoy them. You don't. You're lying through your teeth, that or you've done like 5 daily quests. :/)
    There really is nothing that can replace them. Either its the sane quests, the sane heroics, or same raids. If you want dynamic and random, try Mabinogi.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    So you're going to try and tell me what I enjoy or don't enjoy? That's pretty pathetic. I happen to do enjoy daily quests, MoP's mostly. Why? Because they always change where you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    What our lovely OP fails to realize is that Blizzard has stated many times that Mists of Pandaria is "The calm before the storm".

And for being the calm before the storm, we've fought remnants of old gods, repurposed titan technology in the form of Elegon and Will of the Emperor, and soon to be fighting a near-godlike being in the form of the first Mogu Emperor that's been risen from the dead by the Zandalari, and if we manage to kill him, we'll delve even deeper into the mountain and fight a weakened, but still very deadly Ra-Den, a Titan Keeper, who was the original overseer for the mogu before they were cursed with flesh.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the insults, explicit, implicit or passive aggressive. The topic isn't how you feel about some other poster.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So what if it would allienate all these fossil players who live to reminiscence about the "good ole days", as if it were 20 years ago, what if it would change the PVP and PVE formula from grinding gear to just plain ole fun? Lose 7 million players? So what, WoW did fine its first years with only 1-2 million. Most MMOs would kill to have that kind of active player base. EVE only runs with a couple hundred thousand, yet it still runs great.

Assume the devs did something to WoW like creating world events PVE instead of quests, assume they made Naval Combat PVP and removed arenas and focused on massive scale PVP BGs and world PVP objectives and removed stuns and fears and most of this bullshit, and tried to go back to an old school Warcraft feeling instead of giving new daily quest hubs every expansion and using the same old tired raiding formula.

Makes bosses attack cities, take over towns, make players WANT to go out there and fight instead of queuing for instances for everything.

You would lose 7-8 million players? Imagine how many you would GAIN or make come back, especially with your new models for all races.

It would be a breath of fresh air to try and make the next Waracraft expansion something we've never seen before!

Look at all these MMOs and learn from them. People still love what Warcraft was back in the RTSs and in the original WoW, from there on you should've springboarded every expansion and expanded the MMO genre, instead you went staler and staler until all your good villains were dead and all your good stories were reduced to banalities.

Now pandaren... god at least if their continent had brought something new to warcraft except new textures.

FUCKING DO SOMETHING WITH THIS UNIVERSE YOU'VE CREATED BLIZZARD. IF YOU'VE MANAGED TO SELL SOMETHING AS DUMB AS PANDARIA I'M SURE YOU'LL GET ACTUAL RESPECT FOR REINVIGORATING THE WARCRAFT UNIVERSE.
    Goodness gracious. Someone is sure angry. I can't help but notice you consistently contradict yourself in your initial post. You talk about fossils. But insist your suggestion would have players (fossils by your definition) return.
    Also you seriously feel a loss of 7-8 million subs (1.35 billion in revenue) would be a positive? You really have your work cut out for you making a strong arguement for. And thus far have done nothing but spew vitriol.

But as a side note thanks for the chuckle.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    What our lovely OP fails to realize is that Blizzard has stated many times that Mists of Pandaria is "The calm before the storm".

And for being the calm before the storm, we've fought remnants of old gods, repurposed titan technology in the form of Elegon and Will of the Emperor, and soon to be fighting a near-godlike being in the form of the first Mogu Emperor that's been risen from the dead by the Zandalari, and if we manage to kill him, we'll delve even deeper into the mountain and fight a weakened, but still very deadly Ra-Den, a Titan Keeper, who was the original overseer for the mogu before they were cursed with flesh.
    So after I defeat Ra-Den 2-3 times, what will my 15$/month go towards?

Killing him 30 more times even though you know the strategy and event by heart?

Tell me, if Mass Effect consisted of fighting its end boss, Saren, 30 times, would you actually fight him 30 times and think "YEP, I'M HAVING FUUUUUUUUUUUN!".
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2013-02-09 at 07:35 PM.

So after I defeat Ra-Den 2-3 times, what will my 15$/month go towards?

Killing him 30 more times even though you know the strategy and event by heart?

Tell me, if Mass Effect consisted of fighting its end boss, Saren, 30 times, would you actually fight him 30 times and think "YEP, I'M HAVING FUUUUUUUUUUUN!".
    You're assuming you will even be able to defeat Ra-Den. Remember, he is a heroic only boss. Very small number of people will be able to defeat him this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer me this: is Mass Effect a MMO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.