Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Troll Racial - 5.2

Just found a twitter response from GC about "beast slaying"

@Ghostcrawler Hi ^.^ Will the troll racial "beast slaying" be nerfed in 5.2 or will the beast bosses in ToThunder not count as beasts?

@HaninozukaUK They count as beasts, but honestly they're early enough in the tier that we're not super worried about the "troll advantage."

Guess this means they will not be nerfing it then, woot trolls ^.^
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2013-02-09 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly are "they" who count as beasts?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    What exactly are "they" who count as beasts?
    The bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    The bosses?
    I just wanted to know that for sure. I thought, perhaps, we were talking about the dinosaurs you have to farm to get the new dino-mount.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Its a huge advantage whetever they are early or later in the progression....

This whole racial advantage to me seems like blizzard covering they years like a 5year old boy and shouting nananana cant hear you.

Deleted
    didn't think it would be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

This whole racial advantage to me seems like blizzard covering they years like a 5year old boy and shouting nananana cant hear you.
    Yeah, first kill will totally have 25 trolls in their raid setup
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone else remember how a lot of stuff in wrath of the lich king was undead and paladins had a 100% chance to crit with exorcism? ( still remember lichborne dks and meta locks bitching about it lol )

not a big deal

I'd like it to happen something along these lines....

Entire guild race changes to trolls to get Realm Firsts.

Blizzard puts in 7 day delay period on race changes.

lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    does anyone else remember how a lot of stuff in wrath of the lich king was undead and paladins had a 100% chance to crit with exorcism? ( still remember lichborne dks and meta locks bitching about it lol )

not a big deal
    a) every faction had access to paladins
    b) it was one class, not a whole race with multiple classes available to them

but like I said last time, everyone that cares enough about racials for pve progression is already horde since blizzard can't be bothered to balance the factions, so not much changes

How many bosses fall under this category?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    How many bosses fall under this category?
    Horridon
    Tortus
    Mageara (Not sure there)
    Ji-Kun

And Horde Hardcore Raids will go all Troll, luckily Trolls are the Race with the most Classes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

That's what make it an interesting game, when one class/race is stronger than other i nit's own specific situation. Too bad that such racial is among few such things left in game, as before that we have paladins having bonuses against undead, hunters having bonuses against many types, etc.

If all such things will be removed/nerfed, it will be just another step to homogenization. "Bleeding edge" guilds will always find some way to do encounter in unusual manner, but it doesn't mean that whole game mechanics should suffer just to counter (lol?) tactics of those guilds. Wake up! It's like 50-100 people who would really abuse any of those things. Out of nearly 10 mil. Game shouldn't be watered down even more because of, literally, 0.001% (!) of population.

Like 99% of players won't race changed to troll just for a few bosses...

and the 1% who does change (whether it be entire guilds or individual players) are just making Blizzard more money, so why would they care?

"Wait, the playerbase thinks that some people will race change just for a few bosses? Ok that sounds great! We should do this every tier."

Deleted
    5% dps increase....what a huge advantage, I could buy an elixir that gives more dps srsly. Crying kids get over it or pay the race change....

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    5% dps increase....what a huge advantage, I could buy an elixir that gives more dps srsly.
    You're joking right? 5 percent damage is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    "Wait, the playerbase thinks that some people will race change just for a few bosses? Ok that sounds great! We should do this every tier."
    Hardcore Raiders take any advantage possible, but there aren't much racials left that bring a Dps Increase on certain Encounter based on the Boss type.

5% dps increase....what a huge advantage, I could buy an elixir that gives more dps srsly. Crying kids get over it or pay the race change....
    Doesn't matter, 5% are 5%, no one expects everyone to go troll, but the hardcore one's out there certainly will if those Encounters are not a complete joke on live, which is probably not true.

Deleted
    I could buy an elixir that gives more dps srsly.
    They can buy that same elixir...

This folks is a example of why our game is becoming so shitty. players like this...

Please dont go all negative "the sky is falling" type posts please. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-10 at 07:52 PM.

Can't belive they just dont fix the racial with a quick fix that says

"blablabla 5% extrea troll power (This Racial's power does not work on bosses)". How long time can it take to code this and change text?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO