Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Didn't it also go through two different development studios?

Not that I mourn the loss of the game since Nova turned out to be a terrible character.
    I blame that more down to the reason that SC2 overall had pretty terrible writing. In the released SC: Ghost intro cinematic she seemed quite bad-ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Gnomes and engineering

Guns = steampunk now?

Gnomes and engineering

If you think that WoW should be considered 'steampunk' then you should probably look at some actual steam punk. Alice: Madness Returns is more steampunk than WoW and that's not even steampunk either.
    Even if it comes from gnomes with engineering, everyone uses the steampunk stuff, even the horde. And yes, most WoW guns are steampunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Ten Ton Hammer. Retrieved 2010-05-30. "World of Warcraft is almost a steampunk paradise if you look at the various technological advancements the gnomes have made. Most engines are powered by steam and there are giant airships floating around everywhere."

Deleted
    Of course, since the topic is on the project Titan, the very thing we know for sure is.. Well, nothing until we see some actual concept art etc.
    Considering all the WoW2 rumors, nothing can be taken for certain. Sounds a bit like all the Guild Wars 2 jersey shirts theory. People found about about the date in the shirts, and what is the only option at that point for the officials to do? Deny the whole thing to get some peace to work with the project. So, just because they deny itan will not be Warcraft, doesn't mean they are actually telling the truth.

Some things to consider:
    1. If Blizzard at this point has not started on WoW2 project, which they will eventually since the original game was such a success, they might risk the launch will be set too far to the future. Just strategic thinking to start planning on the project a good time earlier before announcing the game.
    2. The best way to lay down rumors about upcoming WoW2 is to announce a new MMO, but completely deny it being WoW2.
    3. The best way to gain a marketing booster, or hype, to WoW2 is to keep it a secret and announce it in a flashy way.
    4. Anyone saying WoW will last around 4 more years without decline in players must be out of their mind. (Nothing personal to anyone, of course).
    5. Anything said, even from an official source, might be a lie. Or not.

What can we conclude from all this? Well, mainly that Blizzard must already have planned WoW2. A company that big must have plans for future, especially for WoW2 at this point. So yes, Titan might be WoW2. Just because someone says it will not be, no matter who s/he is, must not be taken as an absolute truth. It just might be the jersey shirts all over again because at Blizzard they are clever buggers when it comes to creating a hype at a certain time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ariakan View Post
    Some things to consider:
    1. If Blizzard at this point has not started on WoW2 project, which they will eventually since the original game was such a success, they might risk the launch will be set too far to the future. Just strategic thinking to start planning on the project a good time earlier before announcing the game.
    2. The best way to lay down rumors about upcoming WoW2 is to announce a new MMO, but completely deny it being WoW2.
    3. The best way to gain a marketing booster, or hype, to WoW2 is to keep it a secret and announce it in a flashy way.
    4. Anyone saying WoW will last around 4 more years without decline in players must be out of their mind. (Nothing personal to anyone, of course).
    5. Anything said, even from an official source, might be a lie. Or not.
    All this speculation boils down to one thing. Is Activision Blizzard ballsy enough to outright lie to their stockholders during the recaps, act that would probably imprison all the involved, or are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Even if it comes from gnomes with engineering, everyone uses the steampunk stuff, even the horde. And yes, most WoW guns are steampunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk
    Not to get too off topic, but simply using steam and having cogs and gears doesn't make it steampunk. Part of steampunk is the quasi-Victorian England aesthetic, in fact that's actually kinda a really important part.

So while a lot of the tech in WoW revolves around steam power, the aesthetic isn't anything close to actual steampunk.

Go check out a few videos from steampunk conventions if you want to see the aesthetic. Steampunk is a term that gets thrown around very loosely by a lot of people and incorrectly used all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

Good song about the issue : )

Interesting twist, and nice to see I'm not the only one thinking Titan is WoW2. In all honesty, a sequel to WoW makes perfect sense. A new IP MMO does not. Not in my head at least, not considering Blizz has the rights to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Interesting twist, and nice to see I'm not the only one thinking Titan is WoW2. In all honesty, a sequel to WoW makes perfect sense. A new IP MMO does not. Not in my head at least, not considering Blizz has the rights to WoW
    Except the whole idea is fucking stupid unless you expect the people making annual reports to stockholders lie and through that, make them not only liable, but also probable to serve decades in prison.

Deleted
    The whole idea that titan is wow 2 is a pretty stupid one. Blizzard would not ruin wow by adding ingame advertisement (which is one of the few things pretty much confirmed to be in titan). Im not saying that they wont make wow 2 at some point because lets face it the current wow engine is pretty terrible but I doubt it is going to be titan.

The Atlas shirt who was linked earlier is very likely to be the real name of titan.

Deleted
    Dunno about you guys, but for real, i would hope for a WOW 2... i think that warcraft is a HUGE ip, thus should be always in the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    The whole idea that titan is wow 2 is a pretty stupid one. Blizzard would not ruin wow by adding ingame advertisement (which is one of the few things pretty much confirmed to be in titan). Im not saying that they wont make wow 2 at some point because lets face it the current wow engine is pretty terrible but I doubt it is going to be titan.

The Atlas shirt who was linked earlier is very likely to be the real name of titan.
    If the Atlas shirt is legit it is definitely a deliberate leak. By Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not to get too off topic, but simply using steam and having cogs and gears doesn't make it steampunk. Part of steampunk is the quasi-Victorian England aesthetic, in fact that's actually kinda a really important part.

So while a lot of the tech in WoW revolves around steam power, the aesthetic isn't anything close to actual steampunk.

Go check out a few videos from steampunk conventions if you want to see the aesthetic. Steampunk is a term that gets thrown around very loosely by a lot of people and incorrectly used all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

Good song about the issue : )
    It's getting off topic but again I have to disagree. http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...lish/steampunk. It has nothing to do with the Victorian setting, it's just alternate technology that uses steam machinery instead of electronics and gas engines. The movies Wild Wild West and 9 are classified as steampunk and don't have nothing to do with Victorian England. Also most other steampunk games and movies don't take place in that setting. What you're saying is basically the same as saying fantasy can only take place in Middle Earth and has to feature elves, dorfs and orcs.

While I agree that WoW is not a pure steampunk game, it is heavily influenced by it and features a lot of steampunk technology. Yes there are also spaceships etc. but it's rare and they mostly just occur once or during a single expansion. Steampunk technology and elements are a huge part of WoW lore and are everywhere starting with the tram in SW and ending with all the flying machines, steam tanks and other machinery found at nearly every corner.

Destiny = Titan ???

Obviously, it's not. But the similarities between the bits of info we've heard about Titan and what Bungie has announced for their new game is striking. Two MMO FPGs within Activision is sure to cause some rivalry.

We've been hearing about Titan for what, five years now? Blizzard's taken so long getting it out to public, that it really was only a matter of time before someone else got there first in a big way. Just surprised to see it from a company that's under the same Activision roof.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's some info on Destiny:
    Main Page
    IGN's Quick FAQ
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-18 at 05:51 PM. Reason: their = there
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Obviously, it's not. But the similarities between the bits of info we've heard about Titan and what Bungie has announced for their new game is striking. Two MMO FPGs within Activision is sure to cause some rivalry.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's some info on Destiny:
    Main Page
    IGN's Quick FAQ
    And what bits of info have you heard about Titan?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I really have no clue where are you going with this. Are you seriously suggesting that Destiny is Titan?!?!

Deleted
    Not a single thing as been announced about titan though, it's all just speculation thus far.
    Destiny could be great though it sounds very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    And what bits of info have you heard about Titan?
    I am curious of that as well.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Where has it been confirmed that Titan is a MMO "FPG"
    Oh wait it hasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting Titan is a FPS game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether it's Titan or not, I'm very interested in playing it whenever it comes out.

I hope they make it for next gen consoles though. The 360 and the PS3 are about to become obsolete.

Destiny is not titan for the simple reason that it will be console-only.