Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    4 months would be terrible because then guilds fully capable of clearing content would likely still be working on or just finishing endbosses. 5-6 months is relevent.

THEY WILL NEVER pull another Ulduar and destroy a raid after 4 months. Get that into your head right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they want to do better than Cata then they will keep the SoO until 5.6. I'm putting Wrath as an example cause during Cata they messed up.
    During Wrath they messed up too, and put out ruby sanctum to give people something to do in addition to over a year of ICC. They already said faster patch cycles and faster expansions. Dragging out SoO to 5.6 wouldn't make much sense from a faster expansion POV as they intend to not have one year of it as a possible 5.4 release.

5.3 will be a smaller content patch like 5.1

5.4 will be another raid.

Due to the time frame and speed we've been getting patches, its quite plausible that 5.4 won't be the Siege of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yes I am.

I said if SoO comes out in December, the next Expansion might be out next October.

That's just my thoughts on it. Maybe your'e right!

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:36 PM ----------

While they test the phases over the next few weeks they'll probably do 25 man and Heroic testing too.

Seriously, what is your problem just because I don't agree with you? It's just my idea.

And what aspect is half baked? I actually made factual predictions.

I could be wrong, you could be right, or vice versa.

No need to be hostile. We're just making speculation here as to the Patch Cycle.

No you said if siege was 4.4, then MoP would only last a year which is untrue. It would last 18-20 months.

My guess

5.0 - sept 2012
    5.1 - nov 2012
    5.2 - march 2013
    5.3 - may 2013
    5.4 - Sept 2013
    5.5 - pre expansion event march-may 2014
    6.0 - april-june 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    So far Blizzard has been delivering on what they stated. Fast patches. There wont be 5.5,5.6,5.7...where you guys come up with this stuff?
    Actuall - BLizzard has not delivered anything so far. Patch 5.2 was not a content patch. They just opened up area that they left empty at MOP launch.

They will be releasing 5.2 before end of March for sure no matter what (end of first quarter or their quarterly report will loose them millions of subs). It will probably be out in 4 parts and released in 2 months to drag it out so ppl feel its shorter to the next raid.

The fact of the matter is that BLizzard has actually delivered nothing so far that even suggest they are releasing content faster. They are just gating content even more than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No you said if siege was 4.4, then MoP would only last a year which is untrue. It would last 18-20 months.

My guess

5.0 - sept 2012
    5.1 - nov 2012
    5.2 - march 2013
    5.3 - may 2013
    5.4 - Sept 2013
    6.0 - april-june 2014.
    When did I say that? I said Siege would be 5.6.

OH MISUNDERSTOOD SORRY.

If Siege came out in September then, what I meant by that, is the last major patch for an expansion would be out in less than a year than it came out, which would be a record for shortest expansion ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

OH MISUNDERSTOOD SORRY.

If Siege came out in September then, what I meant by that, is the last major patch for an expansion would be out in less than a year than it came out, which would be a record for shortest expansion ever.
    Well yes the last patch would release after only a year,but it would have 6-8 months as well. And is the fastest xpac ever even a bad thing?

With the lore explosion with Ra-Den, and Wrathion, the 5.4 raid very much seems to be surrounding an Old God.

My assumption is Garrosh's involvement with this Old God will be what finally corrupts him, and puts him in a position where he must be killed in a future raid.

Otherwise, at what point is Garrosh such a threat that he needs to be killed? The Bell has been destroyed, and all Sha have been defeated. What is left to corrupt him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Actuall - BLizzard has not delivered anything so far. Patch 5.2 was not a content patch. They just opened up area that they left empty at MOP launch.

They will be releasing 5.2 before end of March for sure no matter what (end of first quarter or their quarterly report will loose them millions of subs). It will probably be out in 4 parts and released in 2 months to drag it out so ppl feel its shorter to the next raid.

The fact of the matter is that BLizzard has actually delivered nothing so far that even suggest they are releasing content faster. They are just gating content even more than ever before.
    I dont think that the island north of townlong is the isle of thunder. they dont even look the same to me.

My guess

5.0 - sept 2012
    5.1 - nov 2012
    5.2 - march 2013
    5.3 - may 2013
    5.4 - Sept 2013
    6.0 - april-june 2014.
    Spot on Just bump everything up one month and keep June for 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This pretty much confirms that 5.3 will be a patch without a raid, thus confirming what almost everyone believed to be the case anyways.
    Their consideration of having item upgrades in 5.3 already confirmed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I dont think that the island north of townlong is the isle of thunder. they dont even look the same to me.
    PTR has world maps. it's the island

As much as I hate on Blizzard there's no denying AT ALL that they are releasing content faster than ever.

By releasing daily hubs separate from raids to continue the story they have a better and quicker flow of content now than literally any time in the past except maybe vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    With the lore explosion with Ra-Den, and Wrathion, the 5.4 raid very much seems to be surrounding an Old God.

My assumption is Garrosh's involvement with this Old God will be what finally corrupts him, and puts him in a position where he must be killed in a future raid.

Otherwise, at what point is Garrosh such a threat that he needs to be killed? The Bell has been destroyed, and all Sha have been defeated. What is left to corrupt him?
    The source of the sha themselves? Yasaraj's corpse. Nevermind there are 7 Sha.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:39 AM ----------

OH MISUNDERSTOOD SORRY.

And we said it's not realistic for 1 year only with 3 tiers since we are over 4 months already for T14 and the last tier will certainly go past 5 months. 6 months is the sweet spot not 4/4/4 which is what 1 year is. 4 months is what they did to destroy Ulduar. It's not gonna happen again especially with 16 / 13 / Ect. boss sized raids.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:41 AM ----------

You are right they are giving us an Island and a raid HOW DARE THEY. Only fresh content is one raid released in existing zones.... what kind of logic is this shit you are spewing?

There`s a PTR quest that lends credence to 5.4 being Siege of Orgrimmar. "We come now to the climax of the pandaren campaign."
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32598

That means 5.3 wraps up the Pandaren campaign. All the storylines on the continent have been wrapped up such as the Mantid and Thunder King. 5.3 will probably have Garrosh make another grab at the Sha, then 5.4 will be Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

At the end of the quest chain though even -with- the Divine Bell destroyed, he says he WILL find a way to master the Sha.

Id say 5.2 March, 5.3 May, 5.4 Raid September, 5.5 Raid February. Pre event August. 6.0 October

It's not about OMG they build content so slow. You know players actually have to clear the content too. Not everyone does one week normal modes and calls that progression complete.

If the raid after Throne is launched faster the 5.5-6 months then I will eat my own head.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There`s a PTR quest that lends credence to 5.4 being Siege of Orgrimmar. "We come now to the climax of the pandaren campaign."

That means 5.3 wraps up the Pandaren campaign. All the storylines on the continent have been wrapped up such as the Mantid and Thunder King. 5.3 will probably have Garrosh make another grab at the Sha, then 5.4 will be Siege of Orgrimmar.

At the end of the quest chain though even -with- the Divine Bell destroyed, he says he WILL find a way to master the Sha.

Check link. Discussion over. Their template is 3 raids.

Only question is will the wording be changed to 5.4? Or is 5.3 mini patch gonna be battle for Undercity 2.0 and 5.4 is us discovering the Tomb of Yasaraj and the horrors within.

Honestly the Tomb esqu idea sounds like a far better raid experience imo.

They are gonna have to do something inventive because a generic raid inside org itself will be particularly bland especially for those who PLAY horde.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-10 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

The beauty with not naming a big-bad for the expansion (Box cover), is that they could change their mind. Garrosh could still be the 5.4 raid, and the Old God could be the climax of the expansion.

We started this expac at war, I do think there needs to be an event to bring us back together (Garrosh). Then there could be a big reveal of an Old God to close out the expac.

Really just throwing ideas out. They could pretty much do anything at this point.

Well yes the last patch would release after only a year,but it would have 6-8 months as well. And is the fastest xpac ever even a bad thing?
    Not necessarily, but I just feel it'd be too quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, but I just feel it'd be too quick.
    Bt came out 4 months after bc launched.